Fiat Coupe Club UK

Auto Italia Canberra, Australia

Posted By: Scuderia

Auto Italia Canberra, Australia - 19/04/2012 14:36

I drove my Coupe from Melbourne to Canberra to attend Auto Italia 2012. That's over 400 miles each way!

Fantastic display of many Italian cars, bikes and scooters. All displayed on the lawns of Old Parliament House

Auto Italia 2012

Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Auto Italia Canberra, Australia - 19/04/2012 15:57

Originally Posted By: Scuderia
I drove my Coupe from Melbourne to Canberra to attend Auto Italia 2012. That's over 400 miles each way!

Fantastic display of many Italian cars, bikes and scooters. All displayed on the lawns of Old Parliament House

Auto Italia 2012

Glad to hear you and the Coupe made it. Hope you enjoyed it all.

Which Coupe is yours?

Your post has just higlighted to me the enormity of what I'm about to do - Drive 750 miles from Edinburgh to Spa Francorchamps in Belgium and then drive it around the track for 1.5 hours(3x30min)plus a bit more over 2 days then drive it 750 miles back shocked.

No wonder the mechanic at the garage said to me "your brave" (I think he really meant stupid)

I've got butterflies now sick

Re: Auto Italia Canberra, Australia - 20/04/2012 00:57

Coupes

Mine is the black 16VT. There was a 20VT and an LE there also.

Thats a fair way. Sounds awesome!
Posted By: Possum

Re: Auto Italia Canberra, Australia - 20/04/2012 01:24

Did Wazza and Ian bring their Coupes down from Sydney?

I notice from the photos that Rosco brought his blue "Double Bubble" down from Noosa on the Sunshine Coast. I think he would have trailered it as it is about 900 miles each way. He probably left his yellow Lombardi at home.

Re: Auto Italia Canberra, Australia - 20/04/2012 01:44

Yeah Wazza and Ian were there. Marissa did not get a picture of Wazza by the looks. Can you believe I forgot my camera? I only got this one from my phone.

click to enlarge

I had a chat to Rosco, he did trailer it there. It must have been the most expensive car on that side of the lawn!

Re: Auto Italia Canberra, Australia - 20/04/2012 02:36

Rosco did an excellent job on the restoration of the "Double Bubble". Remember seeing it as bare metal. Some of the aluminium panels were done by some aviation guys.

His Lombardi is also another excellent restoration which took out best car in show at Canberra several years ago.

Re: Auto Italia Canberra, Australia - 20/04/2012 03:41

Originally Posted By: Scuderia

I had a chat to Rosco, he did trailer it there. It must have been the most expensive car on that side of the lawn!

And one of the smallest!

Re: Auto Italia Canberra, Australia - 20/04/2012 10:42

Photos!

Some good Photos

Re: Auto Italia Canberra, Australia - 26/04/2012 08:15

The Coupes

click to enlarge

More

Auto Italia

Re: Auto Italia Canberra, Australia - 27/04/2012 02:59

I have been threatening to travel down to Canberra for this for a few years now, so will try to make the effort next year.

Certainly a good selecrion of cars.
Posted By: Kayjey

Re: Auto Italia Canberra, Australia - 01/05/2012 16:28

Lovely!! cool
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK