Fiat Coupe Club UK

Seriously...

Posted By: Anonymous

Seriously... - 11/03/2015 20:40

....I haven't seen another Coupe since I've owned mine (about 3 weeks now). Are they really that rare now? Had my waving hand ready and finger on the flash stalk but they've lost all circulation.
Posted By: Gripped

Re: Seriously... - 11/03/2015 20:44

Oh yeah. They really are.

When I owned my previous one in around 2006 I still only saw about one a month. Now, I see maybe 4 or 5 a year where I live.

Unless I organise or attend a meet that is.... in Turin 2014 I saw 150 in one day !!

It is great to own such a rare beast.

Re: Seriously... - 11/03/2015 22:37

Ive seen about 7 on the road in the last 3 years, driving around the Midlands, so yeah they are pretty rare to spot .
Posted By: Possum

Re: Seriously... - 11/03/2015 23:23

I have not seen another Coupe in Australia since January 2014 when I attended the Australian Fiat Nationals in Sydney. There were 3 the there. Although, I did sight 5 during my 5 weeks in Italy October/November 2014.

Hopefully, I will a few at the Australian Fiat Nationals on 21st - 22nd March (next week) at Benalla in Victoria.

Yes, Coupes are very rare in Australia.

Re: Seriously... - 12/03/2015 09:39

I've had mine for 1 year and a half now and haven't seen any coupe on the road yet. Belgium coupe nr's are pretty low
Posted By: markopolo

Re: Seriously... - 13/03/2015 01:12

There are around 1000 20v turbos, 90 plus and I think around 60 odd LE 's registered on the road so very rare seeing as there are 35 million cars on the roads
Posted By: AnnieMac

Re: Seriously... - 13/03/2015 03:41

I have only ever seen 4 other Coupes on the road in the past two years. We drove from Berkshire to Scotland last year, and back, and did not see one on the whole trip.
Posted By: barnacle

Re: Seriously... - 13/03/2015 06:36

I occasionally see one on my way home from work; he crosses a road I use. I've never seen him when I've been in the coupe...

Re: Seriously... - 17/03/2015 17:27

I've only seen one other Coupe since I bought mine in September, and that wasn't even in Northern Ireland. I saw it in Wales. I've had a few people come up and comment on how rare they are and ask me about mine.
Posted By: 20vtwhistle

Re: Seriously... - 17/03/2015 20:32

I may not have a coupe but saw Edinburgh a couple of times last year,(exchanged waves as he recognised me in my Alfa Gt) and these last two weekends have seen a couple of na 20v's in red, or the same one twice in different places.
Hopefully at Tartan Tarmac on last Sunday of March will see some of the Scottish boys as I'll be with the Alfa chaps.

Re: Seriously... - 17/03/2015 21:43

Isn't there a whole section devoted to spotted?

On a separate note, random ones seem to pop up locally. Usually for sale in garages then vanish without trace...

There's a red 20v local at the minute. Never saw it before it was put up. It's only a few hundred quid....

Re: Seriously... - 18/03/2015 07:19

Got into conversation with our local street sweeper after he spotted the coupe and turns out he's a bit of a car fan. He told me the location and colour of all the coupes in my town!
Posted By: djmobi

Re: Seriously... - 18/03/2015 09:15

I think there is at least 4 or 5 in Banbury. Certainly 4 or 5 club Members in Banbury and I see a standard silver 20VT quite a lot which i'm pretty sure isn't a member of this forum
Posted By: Carlscott

Re: Seriously... - 18/03/2015 10:08

I'm currently doing a course in Leicester and I've seen a green one every morning but it's only the 3rd I've seen on the road in a year and a half.

I've waved of course but no reply

Re: Seriously... - 18/03/2015 11:45

Having said that for some reason the Welsh seem to love em.

I know of about 10 within a 5 mile radius of where I live which is remarkable considering how few are still left on the roads!
Posted By: tim16v

Re: Seriously... - 18/03/2015 12:21

There are at least six (excluding mine) in and around Newbury - there is a black one with a tow bar fitted!
Posted By: Dan

Re: Seriously... - 18/03/2015 13:36

There used to be loads around Leicester. Now the only one I see regularly is a black Plus parked near where I live.

Re: Seriously... - 18/03/2015 17:34

Unbelievably broke my duck less than 100 yards from my house!!!! Spotted a red Coupe with and Italian stripe down the passenger side in Cheslyn Hay!!! Did wave but I may have been traveling rather briskly. Off to the spotted thread now!!!

Re: Seriously... - 18/03/2015 17:51

Originally Posted By: fiatphil
Unbelievably broke my duck less than 100 yards from my house!!!! Spotted a red Coupe with and Italian stripe down the passenger side in Cheslyn Hay!!! Did wave but I may have been traveling rather briskly. Off to the spotted thread now!!!

sure it wasn't a fiat 500 laugh [ Italian stripes don't do it for me] .
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK