Fiat Coupe Club UK

Driving in germany

Posted By: Anonymous

Driving in germany - 25/08/2015 22:16

So im going to germany for a few weeks ,
So basicly thats a tyre question.
My rear toyos are good. Fronts are worn . I was thinking to swap for vredestens .
My qestion is can I use different brands in germany (obviusly same tyres on axle)

Thanks
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Driving in germany - 25/08/2015 23:28

What ever you go for remember new rubber on the rear with these vehicles, enjoy Germany and their roads smile
Posted By: neil_r

Re: Driving in germany - 26/08/2015 07:49

There are no specific statements in the law demanding identical brand/model tyres!!! Even summer and winter tyres may also be used at the same time, which means that the spare can be a winter tyre and effective all year round.

The tyres just have to be a size certified for the car (or combination of sizes if mixed sizes back and front are allowed).

I'm not sure how strict they are with foreign cars, I expect not too much as long as all seems in order (car looks safe) and you don't misbehave to badly.

Re: Driving in germany - 26/08/2015 08:40

Right, ill then go for vredesteins . U see the idea behind that is to try out nurburgring on public session for few laps , anything i should be aware of at thier checks?

Thanks
Posted By: neil_r

Re: Driving in germany - 26/08/2015 09:34

Nürburgring: Obviously, read the info on their website, especially:

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/Touristenfahrten/2015/cNG-Driving_regulations_EN.pdf

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/Touristenfahrten/2015/Safety-Regulations-Tourist-Rides.pdf

Have your MOT, insurance and driving licence papers with you. If your car is more or less standard looking, and in decent condition, you should be fine. Dramatic customisations attract attention and then you have to prove that the changes are technically acceptable.

Re: Driving in germany - 26/08/2015 10:40

I have read all that , looks completely standart apart from alloys and 3" stright through exhaust.
Posted By: Freddan72

Re: Driving in germany - 28/08/2015 07:05

Watch out for idiots on autobahn.

Re: Driving in germany - 28/08/2015 21:10

Yeah I know, last year I was going at some speed there maybe 140mph on fast lane and some guy jumped from slow lane to fast lane going like 70 in his 106 pug......

Well band news ..
Measured noise today with gadget .. . Bit too loud 118db at 5000rpm... no nurburgring this year ;/
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK