Fiat Coupe Club UK

Another LE on ebay

Posted By: Downhillryder

Another LE on ebay - 10/07/2016 18:10

No connection.

CLICK
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Another LE on ebay - 10/07/2016 20:05

Not my one BTW! but I recall seeing it at MMechs... depsite being a Cat D it was a nice car....

Re: Another LE on ebay - 10/07/2016 20:30

Watching.

Be interesting to see what it goes for as it'll give me some idea what my le might be worth.
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Another LE on ebay - 10/07/2016 22:37

Something hidden under the driver's seat cloth....ripped/worn bolsters perhaps?

Re: Another LE on ebay - 11/07/2016 10:40

I hope driver seat is just kept covered. I thought the interior looked very good.
Don`t have any money or I might be tempted.
Posted By: Paul_V

Re: Another LE on ebay - 11/07/2016 13:02

Originally Posted By: KBT
I hope driver seat is just kept covered. I thought the interior looked very good.

Its mine. The cover is there to protect the seat. No rips or tears.

Re: Another LE on ebay - 11/07/2016 18:17

Originally Posted By: Paul_V
Originally Posted By: KBT

Its mine. The cover is there to protect the seat. No rips or tears.

thumb

No "Crap jokes" under there then tongue laugh

Re: Another LE on ebay - 11/07/2016 19:53

Plenty tongue laugh

Re: Another LE on ebay - 13/07/2016 21:43

Already up to £6k. Well done.

Re: Another LE on ebay - 14/07/2016 06:50

If this guy is bidding on it ...... Delete his bids.

tunstalltradecarsales01

I don't normally do things like this, but he is a real joker!! Delete, trust me!

Good luck with the sale smile
Posted By: OnlyItalian

Re: Another LE on ebay - 14/07/2016 11:55

There's also a nice looking plus on there.

Re: Another LE on ebay - 15/07/2016 12:58

Hmm, getting a bit suspicious about the price. If one of you good folk could have a look at my Ad for me and see if it looks like genuine bidders for me I would appreciate it. I don't use ebay often so not too sure.

Thanks x

Re: Another LE on ebay - 15/07/2016 13:43

There are two bidders pushing the price up. Bidder .***e and bidder t***d

It looks like they both had automatic bids in where t***d had a limit of $7.5k and bidder .***e had an automatic bid in of £7.5k or greater but entered his bid earlier in the auction than t***d. So he could push it higher if a counter bid comes in.

You should perhaps be wary of bidder t***d because he has no feedback or any other activity on ebay under this username whatsoever (o feedback) but then he may have created the id just to buy your car. You could always email him and ask about his interest.

Bidder .***e looks like a dealer or an enthusiast because he only ever bids on Alfa, Fiat or Ferarri cars and/or spares

Re: Another LE on ebay - 15/07/2016 13:49

Originally Posted By: Downhillryder
There are two bidders pushing the price up. Bidder .***e and bidder t***d

It looks like they both had automatic bids in where t***d had a limit of $7.5k and bidder .***e had an automatic bid in of £7.5k or greater but entered his bid earlier in the auction than t***d. So he could push it higher if a counter bid comes in.

You should perhaps be wary of bidder t***d because he has no feedback or any other activity on ebay under this username whatsoever (o feedback) but then he may have created the id just to buy your car. You could always email him and ask about his interest.

Bidder .***e looks like a dealer or an enthusiast because he only ever bids on Alfa, Fiat or Ferarri cars and/or spares

Tunstall trade car sales

Just a hunch.....

Re: Another LE on ebay - 15/07/2016 14:30

Ok, thanks chaps
Posted By: PeteP

Re: Another LE on ebay - 15/07/2016 19:06

Originally Posted By: Edinburgh

Tunstall trade car sales

Just a hunch.....

That's the one patch234 was pointing out a couple of days ago.

Re: Another LE on ebay - 15/07/2016 20:05

Edited - Cant be bothered discussing what happened. All I will say is the guy I dealt with as mentioned above was real hard work. I sold the car to someone else in the end.

Re: Another LE on ebay - 15/07/2016 20:29

I hope this sells for higher and the price is paid, things are looking up in the coupe market! The three for sale on autotrader are worth good money and Ebay seems to be selling them for solid money too. Two years ago I had my first coupe for less than a grand and whilst it wasn't the best, it was similar to ones that are fetching £2500 nowadays. I remember seeing the appreciating modern classic thread a little while back, and I think it's starting to show!
Posted By: Richie007

Re: Another LE on ebay - 15/07/2016 21:42

Have any of these bidders actually made contact or viewed the car. I would not spend £7k on any car with out seeing it. I would make contact with them if not and ask if they're trade and lay down some rules regarding payment collection etc

Re: Another LE on ebay - 15/07/2016 21:54

I really hope I'm wrong but I think I know how this will end.

After all the most popular phrase used in ebay listings is "relisted due to time wasters".

Sellers waste time too. I recently spent 4 hours and £80 on train and taxi fares to collect an Aprilia RSV only to arrive and find the seller had "lost" the V5. He did have a V5 with a previous owners name on it. Hmm, how come you have that when it would have needed to be sent off to DVLA for you to have received "lost" V5?

The advert clearly stated "I have V5 with my name and address".

Another 4 hours and £80 spent on journey home.

As it happens I knew the moment I arrived I was getting the train home. The numpty had the tank off another bike and was attempting to position a carburettor correctly by hitting it with a mallet! Lucky he didn't have the V5 else I'd have had to have the "sorry mate but I can't buy the bike because you're clearly a tw#t" conversation.

Fortunately I found a much better bike for similar money elsewhere which I've enjoyed thoroughly over the last two weeks.

Re: Another LE on ebay - 15/07/2016 22:07

I've emailed the highest bidder so I'll see what happens. If it turns out to be a no sale I will re-list as a 'buy it now'

Re: Another LE on ebay - 15/07/2016 22:49

Thought it was too good to be true - another time waster rolleyes

Re: Another LE on ebay - 15/07/2016 23:03

I blame immigration!

Re: Another LE on ebay - 16/07/2016 01:04

Originally Posted By: PeteP
Originally Posted By: Edinburgh

Tunstall trade car sales

Just a hunch.....

That's the one patch234 was pointing out a couple of days ago.

This is true Pete...I was 'refreshing' his info and adding a link.

Not being a seasoned ebayer I was interested to hear of some of the shenanigans that clearly goes on.

Re: Another LE on ebay - 16/07/2016 08:18

If it was the same guy Paul, let me know.

Re: Another LE on ebay - 16/07/2016 09:40

Originally Posted By: patch234

He was a dealer but wouldn't mention where from.

Why bid on something if you have no intention of paying the price?

Just out of interest, what do you guys value it at? I may just put it up at a 'buy it now' price to avoid more morons!
Posted By: starvin2047

Re: Another LE on ebay - 16/07/2016 12:07

Must say car looks the part. Have noticed all the photos you've used are a year old or so.

I've had interest in a few cars that have done the same and in reality current photos showed a different condition car.

If your selling you need to use up to date images.

Just a thought.

Re: Another LE on ebay - 16/07/2016 13:03

Originally Posted By: starvin2047
Must say car looks the part. Have noticed all the photos you've used are a year old or so.

I've had interest in a few cars that have done the same and in reality current photos showed a different condition car.

If your selling you need to use up to date images.

Just a thought.

I see what you're saying, but the car still looks the same as its not been used that often.

Re: Another LE on ebay - 16/07/2016 18:22

Originally Posted By: Paul_V
Originally Posted By: patch234

He was a dealer but wouldn't mention where from.

Why bid on something if you have no intention of paying the price?

Just out of interest, what do you guys value it at? I may just put it up at a 'buy it now' price to avoid more morons!

Same guy then. There is something wrong with this mans head :))
Posted By: dibbers

Re: Another LE on ebay - 16/07/2016 19:04

to add to the intrigue, look at the guys "contact us" page, there is a coupe on the forecourt.... I seem to remember this guy selling LE303 last year on his forecourt (which I think is the car in the ad) it was his own car so maybe he is looking to get back into a coupe, as opposed to looking for stock? but yes all very curious - eBay is to buy, not to haggle...
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK