Fiat Coupe Club UK

Fiat coupe indicators stuck on 1 side

Posted By: Anonymous

Fiat coupe indicators stuck on 1 side - 22/11/2017 10:20

My indicators get stuck on only on 1 side the front and back and side do not flash just on. When I remove the key still stuck on can anyone help please
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Fiat coupe indicators stuck on 1 side - 22/11/2017 14:10

This could well be the alarm/central locking module, Mayzon's did the same thing and the only way round it was by disconnecting the module under the dash.

Re: Fiat coupe indicators stuck on 1 side - 25/11/2017 11:38

Thanks for help mate so I take it would have no central locking if I do that will see if get second hand off ebay thanks for help

Re: Fiat coupe indicators stuck on 1 side - 25/11/2017 11:40

Or could be the indicators relay under dash end panel, it has separate solenoids inside for each side so one may be sticking.

Re: Fiat coupe indicators stuck on 1 side - 25/11/2017 11:48

Had a look at that yesterday all looks OK but still could be faulty 110 from main dealer lol. Same again will look on eBay. It's been ok for a bit after I cleaned the contacts on the relay but it's a coupe so you think it's fixed then it comes back just when u think it's sorted thanks again for your help

Re: Fiat coupe indicators stuck on 1 side - 25/11/2017 11:53

If it's a 20v/t with the meta alarm it's easy enough to disconnect the alarm, just unplug the light blue connector hanging next to the fuse box. If that doesn't fix it then probably the relay inside dash end panel is at fault.

Central locking won't be affected by disconnecting the alarm as that's handled by the control unit under the drivers seat, you will lose remote locking though.

There's a fix for the relay by re-doing the solder joints at the pins inside, but that's more for when it stops working entirely, not sure it would help with one side being stuck on.
Posted By: liam_gill

Re: Fiat coupe indicators stuck on 1 side - 26/11/2017 00:22

there are 3/4 fuses in a small block just above the fuse box disconnect the offending one. that's what i done anyhow and only one side of the indicators will flash when activating the alarm.
if memory serves me right i located a wiring issue in the harness that runs to the alarm siren, which was near n/s/f indicator, but i just scrunched the wires a little and cable tied them. i couldn't be bothered to splice into the loom and investigate

that's what i found when the same thing was happening on my 97 20vt
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK