Fiat Coupe Club UK

Cambelts!

Posted By: jon13

Cambelts! - 26/03/2022 21:22

So...
The new free coupe resto project is going to be fitted with new phase and crank sensors to get it fired up (only fault that came up when giving it the pre resto walk through and diagnostic).

Whilst doing that I'm going to do the belts, tensioner etc.

So please advise as it's been a while....do I go for OE original quality or is Gates OK?

I see the prices have gone up rather substantially across the board, especially for original equipment since my last coupe.If Gates is plenty good enough it will save me some pennies towards the glass out spray job.

Could I also push my luck and see if anyone is happy to post me their locking tool set so I don't have to buy it please? laugh
Posted By: adam16vt

Re: Cambelts! - 26/03/2022 22:00

I’ve actually got a brand new skf cambelt kit for sale, not the kit with the water pump I might add

If you’ve sorted it in the mean time then it’s all good

I’m also happy to post you out my locking tools, if you cover postage to you and then back to me, If that makes sense?

Adam
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Cambelts! - 26/03/2022 22:50

Originally Posted by jon13
So...
The new free coupe resto project is going to be fitted with new phase and crank sensors to get it fired up (only fault that came up when giving it the pre resto walk through and diagnostic).

Whilst doing that I'm going to do the belts, tensioner etc.

So please advise as it's been a while....do I go for OE original quality or is Gates OK?

I see the prices have gone up rather substantially across the board, especially for original equipment since my last coupe.If Gates is plenty good enough it will save me some pennies towards the glass out spray job.

Could I also push my luck and see if anyone is happy to post me their locking tool set so I don't have to buy it please? laugh

FCSS fit an aux belt pulley guard if you're interested, I don't know if Joe prefers to fit it himself or if he can provide you with one...
Posted By: Begbie

Re: Cambelts! - 31/03/2022 10:26

Gates belts are perfectly fine smile
Posted By: jon13

Re: Cambelts! - 31/03/2022 18:25

Originally Posted by Begbie
Gates belts are perfectly fine smile

Cheers Begbie! That helps as a mechanic friend offers trade discount!
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK