Fiat Coupe Club UK

Deals on Wheels- Fiat Coupe

Posted By: daithi28

Deals on Wheels- Fiat Coupe - 25/10/2007 23:53

Just flicked on Discovery RT+1 on my Sky box about 10 mins ago and caught the old repeat of Deals on wheels where Mike Brewer is showing off an R Reg Fiat Coupe 20v. Apparently, according to Mike not only did Fiat produce a good looking car, it's also mechanically sound!! The only thing you need to look for when buying one is dings along the side panels!! lol... and there was me worrying needlessly about knackered oil cooler pipes and cambelts..
Posted By: Paul_V

Re: Deals on Wheels- Fiat Coupe - 25/10/2007 23:58

If only! \:D
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Deals on Wheels- Fiat Coupe - 26/10/2007 00:22

I remember that show. Didn't she end up buying an Alfa?

Re: Deals on Wheels- Fiat Coupe - 26/10/2007 00:42

Mike Brewer really is full of it sometimes!
Posted By: bockers

Re: Deals on Wheels- Fiat Coupe - 26/10/2007 01:11

No she bought a Hyundai \:s \:o \:o

Great review, they loved the "little Fiat" as do I °\(

Re: Deals on Wheels- Fiat Coupe - 26/10/2007 01:16

If the Coupe is the 'little Fiat' as Brewer said, then what is the X1/9? Or the fiat 500 lol!!

Yeah,they loved the car. Shame about the colour...

Re: Deals on Wheels- Fiat Coupe - 26/10/2007 02:32

Originally Posted By: DidCoop
Mike Brewer really is full of it sometimes!

I've met Mike Brewer & he's sound! At least he likes the Coupe - plenty others on TV that don't - step forward Penny Mallory (Used Car Roadshow). How old was this programme (if these were the main concerns at the time)!
Posted By: Paul_V

Re: Deals on Wheels- Fiat Coupe - 26/10/2007 02:39

Penny Mallory must have had a taste bypass when she was born or is quite simply a moron!

Re: Deals on Wheels- Fiat Coupe - 26/10/2007 02:43

She does seem to have some odd ideas.

But then again, she does present a show staffed for people who can't get jobs on either of the Gears!

Still, Driven was OK.

Re: Deals on Wheels- Fiat Coupe - 26/10/2007 02:58

Originally Posted By: bockers
No she bought a Hyundai \:s \:o \:o

It's coming back to me now. The brain shuts out distressing things doesn't it ;\) :D.

Re: Deals on Wheels- Fiat Coupe - 26/10/2007 17:18

The best Deals on Wheels was the idiot selling an E-type Jag who was showingthe good brakes but forgot to secure the bonnet so it swung up and ground along the road. He then talked himself down the selling price as the buyer just sat saying nothing and the bloke kept yabbering on and reducing the price. classic how not to sell a car.

Re: Deals on Wheels- Fiat Coupe - 26/10/2007 19:35

Yep - remember that too. Some trendy London artist who'd hit hard times. Drove it like a twunt as well when he took the prospective buyer out in it.

Re: Deals on Wheels- Fiat Coupe - 27/10/2007 01:34

Oh God I remember that muppet. he had dreadlocks, some knee length dungarees made of hemp I guess and naff glasses. He wrecked that car. It was a nasty Series 3 V12 FHC anyway if I recall. I know they're expensive but I'd only consider a Series 1 roadster with the 4.2 not the 3.8.

Mmm... isn't the rollover 7 million this weekend?
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK