Fiat Coupe Club UK

front bumper on the bay

Posted By: liam_gill

front bumper on the bay - 08/01/2014 20:06

thinking of buying this bumper of ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIAT-COUPE-FRO...=item1c28c483df

has anyone baught one of these? if so what condition did it arrive in? and was it a good fit?

my bumper has a lot of stone chips and i would like a zender style bumper
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: front bumper on the bay - 08/01/2014 20:33

better off with a zender bumper from www.autods.net as the quality and fit will be spot on -

http://www.shop.autods.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=15

Re: front bumper on the bay - 08/01/2014 20:48

The GRP front bumpers are more liable to stone chips or cracking than the original plastic versions, I'd go for a plastic bumper if possible although it's not easy to find an original plastic zender bumper now.
Posted By: liam_gill

Re: front bumper on the bay - 10/01/2014 23:10

ok, thanks for the advise guys
Posted By: Possum

Re: front bumper on the bay - 11/01/2014 02:33

Thanks also for the info, guys. As I'm (my insurer) also in the market for a new bumper and bonnet due to someone reversing up the street and into the front of my Coupe.

As bonnets are now made of "unobtainium" what are the fibre glass bonnets (as per the link above) from Poland like?
Posted By: andyps

Re: front bumper on the bay - 11/01/2014 11:49

Don't know what they are like as I haven't seen one but you can get a fibreglass bonnet from here - http://www.deltaparts.co.uk/index.asp?itemID=264 - UK based and cheaper than the Polish ones
Posted By: Mariusz

Re: front bumper on the bay - 11/01/2014 18:55

Originally Posted By: andyps
UK based and cheaper than the Polish ones

You are righr, AutoDS one costs for fccuk 545 GBP, but more important is how it fit, materials, finishing, really strong fixings etc.. Coupe this is very fast car.. smile

Re: front bumper on the bay - 11/01/2014 22:29

Bought one of these. Pain in the arse to fit. There are no fixing holes so all have to be drilled out including the slots for the lights. Fitment wise isn't great but that might be down to my front mount being stupidly big.

I also had problems with the primer they used. I had to repaint it 3 times due to the paint bubbling. In the end I sanded the whole lot off and used my own.

Still what do you expect for the price.
Posted By: andyps

Re: front bumper on the bay - 12/01/2014 00:44

Originally Posted By: Mariusz
Originally Posted By: andyps
UK based and cheaper than the Polish ones

You are righr, AutoDS one costs for fccuk 545 GBP, but more important is how it fit, materials, finishing, really strong fixings etc.. Coupe this is very fast car.. smile

Didn't realise about the FCCUK price - I guess I should join but I have never been sure I would keep the Coupe, maybe after nearly 10 years ownership I should commit wink I fully understand about the price and quality ratio though which was why I said I hadn't seen the UK one so couldn't comment about the quality.

Originally Posted By: jonofitzer
Bought one of these. Pain in the arse to fit. There are no fixing holes so all have to be drilled out including the slots for the lights. Fitment wise isn't great but that might be down to my front mount being stupidly big.

I also had problems with the primer they used. I had to repaint it 3 times due to the paint bubbling. In the end I sanded the whole lot off and used my own.

Still what do you expect for the price.

Assuming you are talking about the deltaparts bonnet that is good to know - they are based pretty close to me so I was thinking I would go along and try to see one but sounds like I should maybe think Polish!
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK