Fiat Coupe Club UK

LE Colour change

Posted By: stevo

LE Colour change - 15/02/2017 22:17

My coupe is currently Le black. However the paint work has been damaged by frost this winter so basically needs repainting..... again, already did it once in 2012. With a bit of saving I could get it repainted. I have always fancied having a red le so should I just take the opportunity to go red? My coupe is on 150k... not on the original engine and is forged with a gt28rsr turbo. So basically it's never going to be a stupidly low mileage original car. So would the colour change mater?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: LE Colour change - 15/02/2017 22:32

I've never liked the idea of a complete colour change on any car. Its a massive job if you want it doing right. I wouldn't be happy if the door shuts and engine bay/boot interior were showing as a different colour so it would need to be a complete strip-down for me to do a right job which would be pricey. Black LE's are pretty scarce and don't forget you couldn't buy a 'normal' black in the standard 20VT it was ink which was actually dark blue so I'd get it redone black if it was mine. Your choice though Stevo - just my opinion.
Posted By: Theresa

Re: LE Colour change - 15/02/2017 23:15

I'd get it re done in black, it's my favourite colour on an LE cool

It would probably be easier and cheaper to go and buy a red LE too laugh
Posted By: Clintos

Re: LE Colour change - 16/02/2017 00:23

Keep it black, sell it and/or buy a red LE. My favourites were Crono grey followed by red too as I like how the titanium accents stand out. Your car and your choice though. Not sure what it means for resale in the future either as I wouldn't touch any insurance write off or colour changed car but then that's only my opinion.
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: LE Colour change - 16/02/2017 01:38

Why not get it wrapped, cheaper than paint, lasts for years if done correctly but more importantly, its 100% removable.

It the paintwork good enough to be covered or has it blistered?

Re: LE Colour change - 16/02/2017 04:14

The paint has blistered, sad times.

Re: LE Colour change - 16/02/2017 04:21

why not get the areas that need painting touched up as needed then and go for a wrap of your choice
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: LE Colour change - 16/02/2017 08:42

Don't do it , just get it repainted in black and back to mint condition .
Posted By: Serg1

Re: LE Colour change - 16/02/2017 09:08

Keep it black, if you really want a red LE look to buy one and sell your black one.
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: LE Colour change - 16/02/2017 09:30

Originally Posted By Serg1
Keep it black, if you really want a red LE look to buy one and sell your black one.

+1 agree.

Re: LE Colour change - 16/02/2017 09:41

You got a spare Red Le kicking about Joe in a single shade of red 😄

Re: LE Colour change - 16/02/2017 09:58

no but there is one on ebay

red LE
Posted By: MCMike

Re: LE Colour change - 16/02/2017 10:13

The only colour change I'd ever consider for a Coupe is Pearly white metallic....an LE would look great in this shade I reckon.

Otherwise keep it black, my black LE looked stunning all polished up cool

Re: LE Colour change - 16/02/2017 17:15

Yeah I am not paying 8k for a slower version of what I have.
Posted By: Submariner

Re: LE Colour change - 17/02/2017 14:15

I reckon a white LE would be a good looker, I usually like sticking to the original but given car has 150K miles, a replacement engine with mods; go with what you want given a decent strip and spray will cost $$$'s. I don't like black on the Coupe as it 'hides' it's shapes and lines too much.
Posted By: knight7660

Re: LE Colour change - 17/02/2017 17:25

Keep the same Stevo Black LE's are the best
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK