Fiat Coupe Club UK

Side lights

Posted By: Anonymous

Side lights - 19/11/2006 03:57

Having had my HID kit now for a few months, I've come to the conclusion that the yellow looking side lights look crap. I want to buy some White coloured side lights. Does anybody know where I can get these from? Also I presume the fitting is H1?

Dave
Posted By: mattB

Re: Side lights - 19/11/2006 04:02

Nah, fitting isn't H1. I dont know what it is, but I run the LED kind*. They look nice and white which matches the HIDs much better.

*I say i run LEDs but i only have one at the minute as the other has expired (just 4 months or so ago ). So it's half white and half yellow.
Posted By: cjh

Re: Side lights - 19/11/2006 04:44

I got some yesterday - and dished a set out at the meet in Warwick..

Ill pop the link in when i get a min....

Re: Side lights - 19/11/2006 06:25

The side light bulbs are 501
Posted By: pinin_prestatyn

Re: Side lights - 19/11/2006 17:59

On a similar note, I'd like to replace my yellowy fog light bulbs with some of those "HID look" halogens. Yes - I know they are not really HID. Yes - I know they are not as bright as normal. That's fine, I never use my fogs.
But what fitment are the bulbs?

Re: Side lights - 19/11/2006 18:12

But if you never use them, what's the point?

Re: Side lights - 19/11/2006 18:16

Quote:

On a similar note, I'd like to replace my yellowy fog light bulbs with some of those "HID look" halogens. Yes - I know they are not really HID. Yes - I know they are not as bright as normal. That's fine, I never use my fogs.
But what fitment are the bulbs?

I think there h1 but not 100% sure without looking

Re: Side lights - 19/11/2006 18:19

....have always used the philips "blue vision" W5W sidelight bulbs I did try a set of them LED things & they were utterly useless, almost zero light output, sure thay are white, but not of any use !

they look well chavvy blue, but when fitted to the car, you can't see this & they light up very white, so they match the HID's

I would also recommend you ditch the shite orange indicator lamps for some mirror finished ones, such that the whole front end light cluster all looks white & clean

Taz
Posted By: enfant_teribl

Re: Side lights - 19/11/2006 19:04

I put in some of the Philips lights as above and they looked pretty good. Got them free when I bought some uprated main bulbs. I thought they might look blue, given the name, but they look white

Re: Side lights - 19/11/2006 19:07

100% behind Taz here, the Silvatec bulbs make one hell of a difference to your indicator lenses.

No fried egg look.

Re: Side lights - 19/11/2006 20:51

How do you get rid of the orange indicator lens? open the unit?

Ross
Posted By: lilolee

Re: Side lights - 19/11/2006 22:11

The front indicators aren't orange. The bulbs inside make them look orange. Just get some PY21 silvered/chrome indicator bulbs and fit them. It makes the front look so much better.

Re: Side lights - 20/11/2006 00:40

Quote:

....have always used the philips "blue vision" W5W sidelight bulbs I did try a set of them LED things & they were utterly useless, almost zero light output, sure thay are white, but not of any use !

they look well chavvy blue, but when fitted to the car, you can't see this & they light up very white, so they match the HID's

I would also recommend you ditch the shite orange indicator lamps for some mirror finished ones, such that the whole front end light cluster all looks white & clean

Taz

Just seen these on Ebay. Taz, what fitting do i need?

Dave
Posted By: zak

Re: Side lights - 21/11/2006 02:33

501 fittment.

Re: Side lights - 21/11/2006 02:43

Depends if you use the fog lights in fog. White foglights are pretty useless. In this case the yellow light works far better. I was thinking of going the otherway and amber tinting the lenses, possibly because I seem to live in a fogbank. Something to do with the middle of Ireland, peat bogs and atrocious roads.

Re: Side lights - 21/11/2006 02:47

Errr....mine were 581 from voila

Re: Side lights - 22/11/2006 02:03

Quote:

Errr....mine were 581 from voila

Side-lights?

Re: Side lights - 22/11/2006 03:14

Indicator bulbs Zak, do keep up.

Re: Side lights - 22/11/2006 04:41

Leave him alone, he's got a nice car

Re: Side lights - 22/11/2006 05:54

Quote:

Indicator bulbs Zak, do keep up.

Thats exactly my point. Dave, aka Vanquish, was asking about the side lights, not indicator bulbs Hence me answering his question: 501 fitment.

Do keep up guys

Thanks for the compliment Lee

Re: Side lights - 23/11/2006 00:42

Cheers Zak

Dave
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK