Fiat Coupe Club UK

turbo specs

Posted By: Anonymous

turbo specs - 29/03/2011 21:06

As per an add the other day for a hybrid. please can someone powerful make a spec list once and for all. and then obviously let everyone learn it as broad knowledge,
not an order, just a question . jason
Posted By: MarioCirillo

Re: turbo specs - 29/03/2011 21:17

Not sure why you have posted this in the members only area?
You need to read the tuning sections on the forum and read the knoledge. There are many many different set ups with all different results. You need to assess what works best for you and what your goal is.

Re: turbo specs - 29/03/2011 21:34

agreed and i will, however, what im saying is a stage 1 to one person is a stage 2 to someone else or just seals and bearings to the 3rd person. very confusing

Re: turbo specs - 29/03/2011 22:03

the below may help

http://www.fiatcoupeclub.org/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=97292&Number=1162195#Post1162195
Posted By: Nigel

Re: turbo specs - 30/03/2011 09:18

"Stage 1" is an arbitrary term, but different people will have different ideas on what "Stage 1" actually means

However, this thread is the generally accepted norm for the various stages of Coupe tuning - well worth a read

Re: turbo specs - 30/03/2011 12:44

Check out Flea's web page on the different tuning stages ...

FC Performance
Posted By: Gunzi

Re: turbo specs - 30/03/2011 13:26

It's very confusing. If you look at FC Performance Dyno League you will see hybrid stage 1, hybrid stage 2 and hybrid stage 3 cars listed.

I know these are the two specs from CR turbos:

Stage 1 = 360 bearing, uprated seals 60 trim compressor
Stage 2 = 360 bearing, uprated seals 62 trim compressor, high flow exhaust turbine (the spec escapes me at the moment)

In this thread the turbo is quoted as having a 60 trim compressor and is a stage 2, but on the dyno thread it's listed as a stage 1.

In his 3rd post on this thread Spit / Andre333 has a 60 trim which has been listed as a stage 1 hybrid turbo on the dyno league table.

Both Hovedan & Dave_T run (or ran) the stage 3, with the spec of 62 trim compressor & 0.8 actuator. However they don't say whether they had the a high flow exhaust turbine or not.

PowerItalia offer 2 hybrid options. They quote option 1 as a standard refurb, option 2 (stage 1) is the same as CR Turbos stage 1 and option 3 (stage 2) is the same as CR Turbos stage 2.

While i've worked out what a stage 3 hybrid is, can someone explain the difference between a stage 1 & a stage 2 hybrid turbo? Who has a stage 2 hybrid and knows what the spec is?!

Re: turbo specs - 30/03/2011 15:51

Amen

Re: turbo specs - 30/03/2011 16:27

Originally Posted By: Nigel

However, this thread is the generally accepted norm for the various stages of Coupe tuning - well worth a read

Great thread but would probably benefit from TurboJ/Flea revising the Enigine Management section as I'm fairly sure that Flea has moved the game on in terms of what can be achieved with the stock ECU.

@ Flea, your thoughts?

Paul smile

Re: turbo specs - 30/03/2011 17:00

My 55 trim superspool is apparently classed as a stage 2 if this helps.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK