Fiat Coupe Club UK

Remapping

Posted By: Anonymous

Remapping - 28/04/2014 11:59

Hi guys after reading up abit I don't fancy putting the gtec chip in my coupe as there's mixed reviews sick (unless someone can convince me otherwise) does anyone know where I can get a good remap that's not too far from Stafford? Thanks smile
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Remapping - 28/04/2014 12:18

At a guess your "good" remap is going to entail a wee trip to Bristol..... driving
Posted By: Moleman

Re: Remapping - 28/04/2014 12:26

A previous owner of my car had it chipped/remapped at Turbo Technics in Northampton. laugh

A fair few years ago now though.
Posted By: Dazvr6

Re: Remapping - 28/04/2014 12:42

I'm running a gtec1 in my coupe with no issues.
Posted By: Gunzi

Re: Remapping - 28/04/2014 13:02

I'm surprised by the mixed review on the GTEC, GrahamL developed these accross multiple Coupes year ago. The recommendation is ensure your Coupe is healthy and get it on a rolling road after its fitted to check the fueling.

I've been running on for years and it's a great and cheap way to increase power!

The other common alternative is to see Leighton at FC Performance who's been live mapping Coupes with impressive results in recent years.

Anything else is a much bigger risk IMO!

Re: Remapping - 28/04/2014 16:00

That's what I thought buddy but there's nowhere local (that I know of) that will check the fuelling on a rolling road (I have an emissions tester) I appreciate everyone's comments btw guys laugh the engine seems healthy other than it smokes on idle here and there haven't quite figured this one out yet frown

Re: Remapping - 28/04/2014 16:00

Any links to these places would be great guys smile

Re: Remapping - 28/04/2014 16:02

What's the mileage of your coupe? Any other mods? Service history? Just trying to find yh ins and outs of it smile
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Remapping - 28/04/2014 16:21

Originally Posted By: Coupepower2014
Any links to these places would be great guys smile

Look up "Flea" on User List smile
Posted By: chrissy

Re: Remapping - 28/04/2014 17:13

I have a Gtec Coupe now, I have owned a few Flea mapped ones too, Naturally a remap is the way forward as you have your car health checked, & mapped according to the setup it has,

A Gtec is bloody excellent IMO, Developed for the masses with upto 40bhp increase for £15!

Negatives, Or as some think - Positives with the Gtec are - That the boost comes on so fast, Like a switch, Mild boooooossssstttt, Then BANG!!! 1.2bar and tORque steer vs stiff forearms!

Best £15 any 20vt can get, Surfice to say - A healthy coupe is required to run any boost hike.. That can only really be tested by a quality mapper (Flea etc)
Posted By: Trappy

Re: Remapping - 28/04/2014 17:17

That's what I thought buddy but there's nowhere local (that I know of) that will check the fuelling on a rolling road (I have an emissions tester)

There will be plenty of rolling roads in your area and they will all check the fuelling on a run...

the engine seems healthy other than it smokes on idle here and there haven't quite figured this one out yet frown

Most likely the turbo... unless you've already ruled that out. They start smoking 'here and there' for a while... and then it will stop smoking 'here and there'... eventually you'll get sick of it or it'll pop. And then you'll need a hybrid smile
Posted By: Dazvr6

Re: Remapping - 28/04/2014 17:58

Midland VW have a rolling road in Norton Canes.
Posted By: Submariner

Re: Remapping - 29/04/2014 06:55

my Gtec has been in since 2005
Posted By: knight7660

Re: Remapping - 29/04/2014 11:28

Hi guys after reading up abit I don't fancy putting the gtec chip in my coupe as there's mixed reviews sick (unless someone can convince me otherwise) does anyone know where I can get a good remap that's not too far from Stafford? Thanks smile

Just jump on the M5 and get it done properly at fc performance mate. Like people have said there are mixed results with the gtec.

Re: Remapping - 29/04/2014 15:49

Mikeanics in congleton have a rolling road.

I have been running a gtec2 for the last 18mnths and everything has been fine. Not sure what my bhp would be with the gtec2 and fmic etc but i'm debating wether to go and see flee for a proper remap made for my cars mods.

Re: Remapping - 29/04/2014 15:49

Maybe flee will offer a group "staffordshire" discount!! haha
Posted By: adam16vt

Re: Remapping - 29/04/2014 18:38

He came to norwich for me and 'one4seven'

Doesn't hurt to ask

Re: Remapping - 29/04/2014 20:12

I have a gtec2 in mine and it is fine, but I'm going to take it to flea to get it mapped soon. However there have been no problems with the gtec. It basically depends on how much money you have really. I'm not far from you so we should both take our coupes to Bristol at the same time and get him to map both. Maybe we can have a race!

Re: Remapping - 29/04/2014 20:39

Make that 3. I've been thinking about it for ages. Maybe he can come to Staffordshire like Adam16vt did???
Posted By: adam16vt

Re: Remapping - 29/04/2014 21:15

Message him and ask, he did 2 of our cars in the day, mine took a while as it was a bit of a pig to work on by all accounts

Well worth the money

Re: Remapping - 01/05/2014 16:49

Anyone taken the plunge yet and asked flee? Lol

Re: Remapping - 01/05/2014 19:20

I need to go visit flea too, not from stafford but its alot closer than Bristol
Posted By: magooagain

Re: Remapping - 01/05/2014 22:07

Originally Posted By: dazs78
Anyone taken the plunge yet and asked flee? Lol

Why ask? Flea is a good tuner of the Fiat coupe. It is a good chance that he is the best in Europe.

Re: Remapping - 01/05/2014 22:24

I meant has anyone asked the question yet of if he would come to Staffordshire if we could get a few people interested in having a remap done on the day.

I have no doubt whatsoever that flea is the best man for the job.
Posted By: magooagain

Re: Remapping - 02/05/2014 09:05

Oh i see what you mean now. Must go to the optician.
Posted By: Jumeirah

Re: Remapping - 23/05/2014 11:39

i had a Gtec chip for almost 8 years on my 20VT here in Dubai. Even though our climate is very hot i never had a problem
Posted By: NikAzwaa

Re: Remapping - 23/05/2014 19:03

I'm all the way here in Malaysia and my former coupe was remapped by Flea via email laugh

Re: Remapping - 28/05/2014 17:42

i recommend KJ too
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK