Fiat Coupe Club UK

New / recon turbo suppliers

Posted By: Anonymous

New / recon turbo suppliers - 17/05/2017 20:08

Can someone recommend some suppliers for new/recon turbos for a 20vt?
I haven't seen much in ebay/google searches.

When I replaced one on my alfa jtd, I was able to source one very cheaply from Europe, that doesn't seem to be an option for the fiat.

Thanks
Posted By: Gunzi

Re: New / recon turbo suppliers - 18/05/2017 10:15

Hi James,

There are several firms who are known to refurbish the Fiat Coupe turbos:

Midlands Turbo
CR Turbos

The turbo units are minor alterations on commonly found turbos, so no special parts required, so in theory any turbo rebuilder could do the job.

If you fancy a bit more go I'm sure both could also quote to upgrade the turbo spec, although depending on what you go for you may need to consider other modifications to get the most out of the upgraded turbo.
Posted By: Clintos

Re: New / recon turbo suppliers - 18/05/2017 10:58

Universal turbos overhauled my turbo and converted to hybrid. Direct fit using existing housing fitted with 360 thrust bearing, seals and larger snail housing on turbine outlet. Mapped by Leighton with standard SMIC to 300BHP

http://www.universal-turbos.com
Posted By: andyps

Re: New / recon turbo suppliers - 18/05/2017 12:14

Clintos - I would like to know more about the spec you have, my aim is around 300BHP for mine and I would like to leave an SMIC. Can you let me know more detail please.
Posted By: Clintos

Re: New / recon turbo suppliers - 18/05/2017 16:52

Andy,

Send joe (Countrycruising) a message as he was in contact with universal turbos and was the middle man in removing and sending my turbo to them during the rebuild. He will certainly be able to provide a more detailed spec for you and if not, point you in the right direction in finding out more. For the record I paid iro £525 for the turbo rebuild. Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Clint
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: New / recon turbo suppliers - 18/05/2017 17:58

Thanks for the replies all, the hybrid is an interesting option, finances permitting.
Midland gave me a good quote for a standard rebuild too.

Cheers
Posted By: andyps

Re: New / recon turbo suppliers - 18/05/2017 20:24

Thanks Clint, I did mean to chat to Joe about your spec when I picked my car up after the work he did on it but completely forgot - I was too interested in seeing my car again and having a good look at yours which was there at the time (very nice!!).

I'll chat with Joe when he gets back. Sounds a reasonable price for the turbo - got to get mine done because the seals are on the way out and it is beginning to get embarrassing with the smoke.
Posted By: Blueboyracer

Re: New / recon turbo suppliers - 18/05/2017 21:38

Definitely recommend midland turbo, they did an amazing job on mine
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: New / recon turbo suppliers - 19/05/2017 06:43

Originally Posted By james_k
Can someone recommend some suppliers for new/recon turbos for a 20vt?
I haven't seen much in ebay/google searches.

When I replaced one on my alfa jtd, I was able to source one very cheaply from Europe, that doesn't seem to be an option for the fiat.

Thanks

Search ebay for 321032973036, they're new cores.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK