Fiat Coupe Club UK

Coupe prices in the press

Posted By: Anonymous

Coupe prices in the press - 02/02/2014 21:00

Having just read this magazine click to enlarge

It seems we may well be undervaluing our (20vt) coupes' (talking we not club members). They value the coupe as follows

Excellent > £4000
Good > £2500
Average > £1250
Project > £500

They also call it a entry-level classic

Thoughts?

Re: Coupe prices in the press - 02/02/2014 21:07

Sounds like good news.

Are their definitions of excellent, good, and average per usual expectations or anything different.

I am assuming good is something like:
All mechanicals have been regularly or recently serviced with documentation to support, no mechanical defects, and body/interior looked after but perhaps reflective of the age of the car.

Where-as excellent would be maintained/restored and documentation/pics to prove, or low mileage and well looked after inside and out?

Re: Coupe prices in the press - 02/02/2014 21:17

They don't clarify those rather important points. I'd imagine your summary is spot on though.
Posted By: patrickstar

Re: Coupe prices in the press - 19/02/2014 19:57

I think if we all started selling our coupes at higher prices say over 5k for a good one then that would be the average price for a sorted coupe.
We all need to raise the prices to raise the national fiat coupe car value, not sell them for pittance. There will be a stronger market for them, like cosworths, capri's and many more.
Hope I made sense.
Posted By: Richie007

Re: Coupe prices in the press - 19/02/2014 20:49

Once the coupe's which are advertised for less than 1k are no longer available and all that are left are those which are looked after by us and other enthusiasts prices then will start to increase. Judging by how many coupes disappear from the DVLA website each year your prob only looking at a few more years. So buy now while they are cheap! Just look at the early 90's hot hatch Clio Williams, Mk2 Golf GTi etc they are all now starting to rise rapidly

Re: Coupe prices in the press - 20/02/2014 07:19

Yes, there is a steady flow of coops that, let's face it ... need lots doing, presently and usually advertised! Club members need to stress the fact that purchasing one from a member, generally means it's been well looked after, as it should be looked after and maintained. Effectively, it is the safest and cheapest way to secure a good car.

There is always exceptions to the rule, but you get my drift I am sure smile
Posted By: szkom

Re: Coupe prices in the press - 20/02/2014 08:18

Patch, buying a club member car IMHO, means nothing about how well it's been maintained. We've all seen the types of questions asked in technical, and then some of the results.

It's too much of a mixed bunch. Maybe my criteria is different to most.

For these cars to rise in value the good ones need to speak for themselves.

Re: Coupe prices in the press - 20/02/2014 08:51

The way i look at it at this present time. The good ones on the road are only going to get better as they are owned by enthusiasts who strive for perfection. Then the bad ones will only get worse as they get neglected.

This will be reflected in the price where good ones will continuously inscrease in value and the bad ones will slowly dissappear.
Posted By: MCMike

Re: Coupe prices in the press - 20/02/2014 08:57

Originally Posted By: Craig1989
The way i look at it at this present time. The good ones on the road are only going to get better as they are owned by enthusiasts who strive for perfection. Then the bad ones will only get worse as they get neglected.

This will be reflected in the price where good ones will continuously inscrease in value and the bad ones will slowly dissappear.

Totally agree - there are those who spend and those who break ! smile

Re: Coupe prices in the press - 20/02/2014 09:02

My old almera gti was worth nothing. Even though there are less than 500 on the road in the UK. A mint one goes for about £2k. its all about what the masses perceive as desirable.
Sierra cosworths can still be had cheap but it'd be a dog. Expect to pay £8k plus for a good sapphire.

I think Patrickstar has it spot on. Price them high IF you want to sell (and why would you?)

The effort and work that's gone and going into mine alone will make it worth the high value it would take for Someone to persuade me to hand over the keys.

The problem is we want resale values high but parts cheap.
I used to be into nissan 200sx. There was a time when I could pick them up for peanuts. Then drifting became popular and prices trippled!
Knackered project cars are going for what I could get a mint one for.
Drift tax is mega high on parts too.

The profile of the coupe needs raising imo

Re: Coupe prices in the press - 20/02/2014 21:52

Coupes way too cheap.
Undervalued by owners,and buyers.
Posted By: knight7660

Re: Coupe prices in the press - 20/02/2014 23:49

Originally Posted By: nissansteve
My old almera gti was worth nothing. Even though there are less than 500 on the road in the UK. A mint one goes for about £2k. its all about what the masses perceive as desirable.
Sierra cosworths can still be had cheap but it'd be a dog. Expect to pay £8k plus for a good sapphire.

I think Patrickstar has it spot on. Price them high IF you want to sell (and why would you?)

The effort and work that's gone and going into mine alone will make it worth the high value it would take for Someone to persuade me to hand over the keys.

The problem is we want resale values high but parts cheap.
I used to be into nissan 200sx. There was a time when I could pick them up for peanuts. Then drifting became popular and prices trippled!
Knackered project cars are going for what I could get a mint one for.
Drift tax is mega high on parts too.

The profile of the coupe needs raising imo

I think the more the coupe is on the tracks and at events the better because the trouble with the coupe is it's not really shown off and when it is mainly around Italian events. But there is always a lot of interest at trackday when there has been some good tussles with other brands ie the ford lot or the jap stuff which is good to see.

Re: Coupe prices in the press - 27/02/2014 21:44

I bought one 20vt for £600, and another for £300 with the intention of robbing it for spares to restore the 600 quider.
All I have done since is buy spares from eBay, etc because I didn't have the heart to gut the 300 quider and now that car is still complete. 'Glad I did that, really.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK