Fiat Coupe Club UK

Looking at buying a Coupe - how much ££?

Posted By: Anonymous

Looking at buying a Coupe - how much ££? - 22/03/2006 18:29

Hello,

I'm new here but have been snooping about for a couple of weeks. I've been thinking about buying a coupe for a while now but am really waiting until the right one for me comes along. I'm currently looking at this on eBay;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FIAT-PININFARINA-S...1QQcmdZViewItem

which has a starting price of £1500. Could anyone advise me as to how much they believe it's worth or will sell for as I don't want to bid silly for it.

In addition to this I've spoken to the guy selling it. Apparently he's only had it 4 months and wants to sell it because "it doesn't tow his caravan very well" - sounds like an odd excuse to me and possibly unlikely.

He also doesn't have a red key for it (and didn't seem to know what this was anyway). Should I be scared and will this matter too much?

Please go easy on me! Any advice is really appreciated from you all.

Re: Looking at buying a Coupe - how much ££? - 22/03/2006 18:40

The advice I've been given is if you don't have a red key, walk away.
Posted By: bezzer

Re: Looking at buying a Coupe - how much ££? - 22/03/2006 18:48

Use these 2 as a guide as to what you might pay for a 20V NA

aaronfenwick

Coupenovice2

Quite a difference in price I know, but you'll get an idea of what people are asking for them

Re: Looking at buying a Coupe - how much ££? - 22/03/2006 19:02

Quote:

The advice I've been given is if you don't have a red key, walk away.

Plenty of people on here, myself included have never needed the red key - that includes taking the ECU out, disconnectiong the battery etc.....

Do a search and you'll find people that can do you a red key on ebay anyway - you dont need to spend over 500 quid to get one from fiat.

IMO - if the car is perfect and it's only lacking the red key - then get it. There's a lot more expensive things to worry about like cambelts or turbo's / clutches if your going for a turbo car.

It's not the buying cost you need to be concerned with - get a dog that has not been looked after on the cheap and you'll be spending a fortune on it. Pay the money for a good one that has been really looked after + after a year you may well find you've spent the same money that you would have after getting a cheap one, and no prizes for guessing which will be in better condition. Coops with dent and scratches all over the place do look really scruffy IMO - and with body pannels that seem to be made from coke cans it's not hard to dent them.

Re: Looking at buying a Coupe - how much ££? - 31/03/2006 17:40

Cheers for the replies on this guys, as it happens I didn't get the car without the red key..

I'm still looking for the 'right' coop for me though, have seen around 4 or 5 so far but none has yet ticked all the boxes.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK