Fiat Coupe Club UK

Trackday Insurance

Posted By: Anonymous

Trackday Insurance - 21/12/2005 19:47

On the last forum somebody recommended a company that offered trackday insurance for 1% of the value of the car with an excess of 10% of the value of the car. Does anybody know who it is?

Thanks

Dave

Re: Trackday Insurance - 22/12/2005 07:31

Sorry, can't help there. I'm with Greenlight (Highway) who offer trackday insurance for (IIRC) a £10 admin fee. I've still never had the bottle to risk it (and the new disks, pads, tyres ..) though .

Re: Trackday Insurance - 23/12/2005 00:38

HEHE, surely you won't crash a second time on a track?

Re: Trackday Insurance - 23/12/2005 02:17

Probably not but try convincing my other half or Mum that it is a good idea without insurance!! Greenlight are £85 with £500 excess as I am insured with them and rang for a quote before last time.

Seriously though, am thinking of Bedford which is supposed to be a whole lot more forgiving than Cadwell !!

Dave

Re: Trackday Insurance - 23/12/2005 02:39

What sort of trackday cover are you after? Are you just looking for single event cover, as Moris do that for about £70-80, depending upon venue, your experience, etc. They can also extend the policy to cover a number of events for even more money .

If you are more serious about trackdays, you can get road insurance that covers you on track from HIC (Hertfordshire Insurance Company). I took out a policy with them back in October, and it covers me fully comp for road use with a £150 excess, and trackdays with a £1000 excess . I also opted for their agreed value scheme, so I don't have the hassle of having to haggle for a better price if I total my car .

There are other companies around that you could try, but these two seem to cover the main options you might need. The alternative is not to have insurance, as it isn't required by the organisers. Obviously it is your risk, but if the track day is run properly you would be extremely unlucky to have an accident, as long as you know your car's limits .

Phil
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK