Fiat Coupe Club UK

Jap fever, Jap fever....

Posted By: chrissy

Jap fever, Jap fever.... - 25/06/2012 21:38

Ok so I sold my Leon Cupra R for a tody profit as planned, And since lastnight Ive 2 new additions, Ok - So one is my brothers that I just picked up, Other is mine, That said they both bloody rule! although mine is an absolute brute!

My brothers GTS Turbo -

click to enlarge

Subtle lol -

click to enlarge

Mine with a full exhaust, The noise! -

click to enlarge

Cheers!
Posted By: Kayjey

Re: Jap fever, Jap fever.... - 25/06/2012 21:48

Is that rust?

Re: Jap fever, Jap fever.... - 25/06/2012 22:04

Where?

Quality feedback lol
Posted By: Hovedan

Re: Jap fever, Jap fever.... - 25/06/2012 22:35

You buy more cars than me mate!

That, sorry your, white type R I recognise the plate of. Has it seen many track days??
Posted By: Theresa

Re: Jap fever, Jap fever.... - 26/06/2012 00:35

They both look very nice Chrissy cool
Posted By: pinin_prestatyn

Re: Jap fever, Jap fever.... - 26/06/2012 02:08

Great pics chrissy. That exhaust on the MR2 is Huge!

@kayjey I don't think i've personally seen a 'teg without rust, they seem worse than the coop for rotting shocked was looking at one before i bought my plus but every one i went to see had the dreaded tin-worm. Always the same place too where the 1/4 panel meets the bumper. Unfortunately it's quite common.
Awesome cars though cool
Posted By: Mark_S

Re: Jap fever, Jap fever.... - 26/06/2012 06:38

Originally Posted By: chrissy
Where?

Quality feedback lol

Under the Type R logo, where sill meets body. Looks like rust tongue

Re: Jap fever, Jap fever.... - 26/06/2012 08:29

Originally Posted By: Mark_S
Originally Posted By: chrissy
Where?

Quality feedback lol

Under the Type R logo, where sill meets body. Looks like rust tongue

Oh that,.. smile

Its very minor and surface only, I will be having it painted in the next few weeks anyway..

Chrissy.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Jap fever, Jap fever.... - 26/06/2012 08:45

I like your car a lot chrissy, but the merde does nothing for me at all!
Posted By: Hovedan

Re: Jap fever, Jap fever.... - 26/06/2012 08:57

So, has it seen many track days Chrissy? I'm sure I recognise that car and plate...

Re: Jap fever, Jap fever.... - 26/06/2012 10:25

Dan - May have, The engine mounts need doing, That suggests its had plenty of 8500rpm!

Previous owner didnt say anything,...
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Jap fever, Jap fever.... - 26/06/2012 12:59

I've always liked the DC5's. The DC2 looks a bit dated now and was very slow!

Maybe throw a turbo on there and you'll have your coupe performance back again. laugh

Re: Jap fever, Jap fever.... - 25/07/2012 08:41

Ok, So now the DC2 Has gone, You may want a quick review, (Pinin).

I always wanted to own one, A friend had one about 7 years ago and I just remember it be being truely awesome, (after wasting my Pulsar GTIR)

The feeling 7 years on is not quite the same, They are rediculous for an N/A 1.8cc, In a straight line they are pretty quick, But unless you have had it K-Pro'd then they are just nippy, The seats are ace, totally ace, The cabin noise is beyond harsh, Motorway miles.... Yuk,

The handling is what they do best, With 3 strut braces on mine it really cornered well, I had a comparison with a Classic STI Impreza V2 3door, That was left wallowing round the bends and the DC2 just left him understeering into nearby fields!

To find a UK DC2 without rust is hard, They all have it somewhere, they get rust bad too, arches, sills, boot floors,

JDM DC2's less prone to rust, but more on insurance on a car thats already way overpriced, Also the JDM's are mechanically more tempremental,

A weekend car only is the DC2, Or track car, Prices now are the lowest ever, lots for £2.5k. My mate spent £8k!

If you want raw Vtec power, Great seats, great handling, And a Honda badge,..

Then get a Civic Type R EP3 everytime,.

Chrissy
Posted By: pinin_prestatyn

Re: Jap fever, Jap fever.... - 25/07/2012 14:44

Thanks Chrissy for the follow-up. I'm glad I didn't go for a DC2 now,was looking at them before I bought the plus. Most of them were really quite rusty and just looked tired, with worn saggy bolsters on the seats and flat paintwork. I guess gems are out there if you look hard enough (and part with a few more ££)
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK