Fiat Coupe Club UK

Finding Jeans that fit me........arghhhhhh

Posted By: Anonymous

Finding Jeans that fit me........arghhhhhh - 24/03/2014 22:01

Serious question chaps, does anyone else have real trouble finding jeans that fit them?

I'm not a super trendy bloke so my jeans may not be the stupidly expensive one that's the cool kids wear. But they aren't really the cheapest either. Levi's, Superdry etc

But nothing fits me very well. My legs are 32 long and my waist is about 34. Ah that'll be 34/32 jeans then. Nope. I have fairly chunky thighs (hey it's all muscle!) Far too tight around the thighs so they don't even get to the waist. Legs try a 36 waist then which is fine around the thighs but really loose around the waist so they fall down. It's seems 35 inch waist aren't too common, so it's a toss up between too tight or too loose. Some cuts are better like 'boot cut' but not all makes come is different shapes.

Anyone else stuck like me?
Posted By: jimbob13

Re: Finding Jeans that fit me........arghhhhhh - 24/03/2014 22:20

Meh. Try finding 36/30.
Posted By: jon13

Re: Finding Jeans that fit me........arghhhhhh - 24/03/2014 22:22

Yup. Nature of the beast I'm afraid. All manufacturers have different 'cuts' around the hip/waist/top leg area.
I've always had to fart about trying on tons of pairs before finding one that suits due to having large, strong quads and calves.
The last pair I bought were from cloud9 and in a final reduction sale @ £17 from over £100.
Just need to keep you're eye out, but from experience, avoid the likes of USC/River Island/Topman/ Burton as they tend to be a lot smaller/tighter than normal.

There's always Jacamo.... tongue
Posted By: Gripped

Re: Finding Jeans that fit me........arghhhhhh - 24/03/2014 22:46

Try Firetrap brand, and Fat Face too.

Not that they are for the larger thighs per se, but sometimes they do a more traditional cut. My Fat face jeans are mega comfy.... and cheaper if you get from a retail outlet. I prefer end of season to full price !

I never fitted Levis... I am a between sizer. I used to be 31" waist, so stuck between 30 and 32. Now I am getting a bit older, I am 34"... with 32 leg. I have skinny thighs, but the Mrs says my Fat Face jeans look baggy at the thigh, so thought of you !
Posted By: robcoupe20vt

Re: Finding Jeans that fit me........arghhhhhh - 24/03/2014 23:24

34 waist i wish and i am not fat I dont like buying jeans . Use tesco £15 range 38 waist and 32 leg and they always seem to fit me fine . I remember back in the 80s my sisters use to buy new jeans . They would put them on and get into a bath full of water . The jeans used to shrink and fit them better .
Posted By: MeanRedSpider

Re: Finding Jeans that fit me........arghhhhhh - 25/03/2014 06:41

What about a stretchy type of jean. I have Rapha jeans which are great for cycling in. The cut isn't great but the principle holds.
Also remember that denim gives quite a bit - if they're tight as you put them on, they will loosen with wear.
Posted By: szkom

Re: Finding Jeans that fit me........arghhhhhh - 25/03/2014 07:40

Same problem here. Waist is nearer 34 but need a 38 to clear my thighs, and it's still close. But with a 34 leg getting something that sits correct is tricky. I tend to stick to a boot cut with a button fly. After a couple of washes they're close enough that belt will sort the difference.

Presumably shirts are as bad? I've still not worked those out.

Re: Finding Jeans that fit me........arghhhhhh - 25/03/2014 08:08

If it helps my waist is app. 34 and my thighs are 27, I wear boot cut jeans and Ted Baker, cloud9 and Firetrap all seem to be OK. My inside leg is 34 though so that may make the overall cut a bit looser.

Shirts are a pita, but try jumping a collar size or two and choosing slim fit (I'm guessing you have the same problem as me Szkom). My recent best fits are Paul Smith and DKNY for work, but they seem to work well with smart jeans too.
Posted By: bockers

Re: Finding Jeans that fit me........arghhhhhh - 25/03/2014 08:48

Gap jeans tend to have more thigh room.
Posted By: barnacle

Re: Finding Jeans that fit me........arghhhhhh - 25/03/2014 08:52

Mind the gap!

Been on Levi's 34w32l for ever, it seems... sometimes I put weight on and they're tight, sometimes they're loose.

Re: Finding Jeans that fit me........arghhhhhh - 25/03/2014 08:53

Many moons ago I think it was Wrangler who did a 'baggy' jean. Might be worth checking.
Posted By: Begbie

Re: Finding Jeans that fit me........arghhhhhh - 25/03/2014 09:32

Another one here for Fat Face and White Stuff jeans, only because the other half worked at these places so I got cheap jeans. I'm a 34/30 and find that the 34/short seems to work best for me, along with a belt and that's it.

Re: Finding Jeans that fit me........arghhhhhh - 25/03/2014 10:43

Diesel jeans are the way to go. Army and Navy stock them.
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Finding Jeans that fit me........arghhhhhh - 25/03/2014 11:53

I'm with Shifty, I suffer from the muscly thigh syndrome and I'm the same size as you Chris 34/32, the Diesel boot cut jeans seem to work well.

I also bought some Tommy Hilfiger jeans in the sale, they fit well around the thigh without being clown pants around the waist.

Re: Finding Jeans that fit me........arghhhhhh - 25/03/2014 12:56

The issue with Tommu jeans is they are a bit flimsy as the material is too thin.
Look at Diesel, Larky style, they work well with trainers or boots and you wont look like your dad smile

Re: Finding Jeans that fit me........arghhhhhh - 25/03/2014 13:01

Chris. I have the same issue. (Most of the jeans I've tried were tight around the thigh.)

I was in a Levi's shop and they gave me a pair or 751's. Despite being 'straight' cut, they fit really well. Give them a go.

http://www.levi.com/GB/en_GB/men-jeans/p/007510085
Posted By: MeanRedSpider

Re: Finding Jeans that fit me........arghhhhhh - 27/03/2014 11:03

Only probably of interest rather than useful but Rapha now sell "Sprinter" jeans designed to fit people with larger thighs and slim waists. The catch is that they're £170 a pair.
Posted By: Genic

Re: Finding Jeans that fit me........arghhhhhh - 27/03/2014 18:03

Nobby , I have the same problem too, climbing windturbine all the time my thighs are huge,but loose on the waist but the jeans I find the best for are the Marks and spencers own.

HTH
Posted By: BrumJim

Re: Finding Jeans that fit me........arghhhhhh - 28/03/2014 10:35

Howies?
Only a few shops but available on-line. They have a good returns policy, so buy a few styles and sizes and see which fits the best - return the others.
(www.howies.com, in case you hadn't guessed)

Re: Finding Jeans that fit me........arghhhhhh - 28/03/2014 14:18

Yep - nothing in any of the retail chains will fit me for the same reason. Get down to TK Max - I found 3 pairs of a particular make there that fit me fine.

Otherwise Gap / Levi's store is your best bet.
Posted By: coupe_integrale

Re: Finding Jeans that fit me........arghhhhhh - 28/03/2014 15:02

Another vote for Howies stuff, no idea on fit but now they're back to being their own independent company the quality of their products is back to its best.

Also good to support a small UK based company
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK