Fiat Coupe Club UK

Anybody on here dealt with still haus kitchens?

Posted By: Anonymous

Anybody on here dealt with still haus kitchens? - 08/04/2014 20:04

To cut a long story short I've been trying to get a kitchen on a budget.

As much as I would love to spend 10k its not financially viable at the moment but maybe in a few years.
The reason I ask is warning signs so far have rang alarm bells.

They advertise heavily on social media sites and on the Internet.

However google the feedback and mixed reviews.
A rep came round with no business card and no forwarding number.
The quote was good and he was very professional.

So I went ahead but at this point paid no money.
The invoice had a phone number but no company name which was another thing that stuck out.
A week later I receive an witheld call from a driver saying he's 2 hours away.
I met him at the house and we unloaded everything.
I noticed a few damaged boxes and a dent in an appliance to which he said to contact head office.
Then he asks for cash.
The van was unmarked,no representative markings on his clothing or business card not to mention witheld number.
I refused cash and he said they only except cash or bankers draft.
Again I refused and sent him on his way with the kitchen.

There head office doesn't seem to hold records so trying to explain who I am is difficult which again would cause issues if there's faults with there product.
Also a quick google on companies house makes no sense as there operating various different companies all with shady looking tax payments and creditor complaints.

There excuse for not taking card payments is too much fraud.
How is this when your delivering it to the cardholders address?

To me it sounds like they don't use cards as card companies are refusing to pay them due to complaints from there customers,and trying to get your money off them with an active dispute is near impossible.
I would want the backing of my card company on such a big amount in case of problems.

Taking a bankers draft is one of the most risky forms of payment these days whereas card is safe.

So has anyone used them?
Posted By: oxfordSteve

Re: Anybody on here dealt with still haus kitchens? - 08/04/2014 20:46

Never heard of them, but googling them doest fill me with confidence...lots to say they are definitely not owned by a seemingly charming character called Vance Miller.

There is a guy in the pub who owns a kitchen company, I will have a word next time I see him.

Pretty sure there is a kitchen guy on here though somewhere.....

Re: Anybody on here dealt with still haus kitchens? - 08/04/2014 21:43

Originally Posted By: oxfordSteve
Never heard of them, but googling them doest fill me with confidence...lots to say they are definitely not owned by a seemingly charming character called Vance Miller.

There is a guy in the pub who owns a kitchen company, I will have a word next time I see him.

Pretty sure there is a kitchen guy on here though somewhere.....

Yeah he's one of my customers who's already sent me a text confirming the above.
Posted By: charlie_croker

Re: Anybody on here dealt with still haus kitchens? - 08/04/2014 21:43

http://www.vance-miller-kitchens.co.uk

Re: Anybody on here dealt with still haus kitchens? - 08/04/2014 21:53

Originally Posted By: charlie_croker

Sh17.
Funny thing is the picture looks just like the bloke who dropped the stuff off.
Maybe a relative.

Good instincts for once .
Posted By: alexjames

Re: Anybody on here dealt with still haus kitchens? - 08/04/2014 22:16

I remember watching a programme on him years ago. Arrogant sod with brass ball comes to mind.
Posted By: bockers

Re: Anybody on here dealt with still haus kitchens? - 08/04/2014 22:25

We got our Kitchen second hand, hardly used and what would have cost the original purchasers £20k including fitting set me back £2.5k and two weeks holiday. There was the little extra of new electrics, due to our aging fuse box.

So have a scan of gumtree and eBay, you might find a right bargain.
Posted By: Jay1984

Re: Anybody on here dealt with still haus kitchens? - 09/04/2014 09:37

I'd stay clear of this lot, just googled "Still Haus Kitchens Reviews"(because I'm pretty bored at work today), discovered they have created loads of websites with variations of their name in order to avoid anyone finding genuine reviews about them. I finally found a website with seemingly decent reviews however each review has a SBID number (a unique number that identifies the location of the user making the review) and discovered that the same SBID numbers were coming up again and again... basically they were writing their own reviews. Any company that needs to do that isn't worth the risk in my opinion. smile
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK