Fiat Coupe Club UK

Amazon Prime

Posted By: ali_hire

Amazon Prime - 12/07/2016 11:27

Worth it?

I'm coming towards the end of the free trial (taken up because I wanted something quickly) and my plan was to cancel.

I'm now wondering whether or not it might be worth keeping. We have Netflix which is pretty good for TV series but not so much for films. Prime seems to have some good films on it and the free one day delivery seems good too.

Anyone using it?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Amazon Prime - 12/07/2016 11:36

Yes, we love it. Some of the Amazon Prime series are fantastic. As you say, plenty of films too. You've also got online storage I think, plus Amazon music free as well.

The delivery is a bonus. If you don't need it quickly, you can a £1 credit as well.
Posted By: one4seven

Re: Amazon Prime - 12/07/2016 12:25

Not using it for the streaming content, but the price of Prime membership is worth it just for the one day delivery times. I can't remember what life was like before free next day shopping.

Re: Amazon Prime - 12/07/2016 13:32

Thanks. I'm of a mind to keep it, I think.

I don't have a smart TV though. Is there an easier way to stream Prime content other than plugging in my laptop via HDMI?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Amazon Prime - 12/07/2016 13:36

Well there is wireless HDMI, if that would do it for you. Just need to get the dongles.

Re: Amazon Prime - 12/07/2016 14:09

Originally Posted By: ali_hire
Thanks. I'm of a mind to keep it, I think.

I don't have a smart TV though. Is there an easier way to stream Prime content other than plugging in my laptop via HDMI?

Yes, buy a Fire Stick - £20 today on Prime offers.
Posted By: Morrison

Re: Amazon Prime - 12/07/2016 14:19

Can watch it on a Ps4.

We have only got it as I forgot to cancel the free trial, but have been pleasantly surprised by what they have on offer.

Plus there's the new top gear show coming.
Posted By: Hyperlink

Re: Amazon Prime - 12/07/2016 15:05

plenty of way to watch as above. Some Bluray players will also link to prime much like a smart TV.
Posted By: H_R

Re: Amazon Prime - 12/07/2016 16:01

Change your email and get another free trial i did this twice before being convinced it is worth it!
Its brilliant for the next day delivery, although i have found the tv/film side hit and miss, much like netflix. Its got plenty to entertain you but not everything!

Also found the music to be shockingly bad perhaps i just have shockingly bad taste in music? quite probably!

Overall, its definitely worth it if you frequently buy books and stuff which is what we use it for!

I have been told i could of got it half price as my wife is a teacher and or my daughter is starting uni this september but im not certain if that is correct?
Posted By: Hyperlink

Re: Amazon Prime - 12/07/2016 17:25

you can share prime access as well so more than one person can benefit.
Posted By: bockers

Re: Amazon Prime - 12/07/2016 20:02

ANd the prime photo app will automatically back up your iphone pics.
Posted By: bockers

Re: Amazon Prime - 13/07/2016 09:31

Oh dear, seams I have "accidentally" bought a robot lawn mower, like you do!

Re: Amazon Prime - 13/07/2016 13:24

I hate it when that happens!

Thanks for all the help, ladies and gents.

Re: Amazon Prime - 13/07/2016 13:44

I accidentally bought a Philips blender yesterday on Prime Day. Wasn't even a Prime deal...
Posted By: jimbob13

Re: Amazon Prime - 13/07/2016 14:05

The great thing about Prime day is that it increases my overtime enough to afford all the stuff I've bought on Amazon.
Posted By: OnlyItalian

Re: Amazon Prime - 14/07/2016 11:58

Kodi is awesome.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK