Fiat Coupe Club UK

Weird TV sound problem

Posted By: srm6

Weird TV sound problem - 05/02/2018 21:11

Hoping someone may have an idea what's going wrong with my sky set-up....

So I got an HD+ box and have managed to get that hooked up to the coaxial cables that distributes it to 3 other TV's. On 2 of them it all works fine and as expected. But...

The third one has a very clear picture, but the sound is just a hissing (like the noise when there is no signal on the radio). I've tried swapping the magic eye over and it's not that. But if I play a DVD on the TV it is just fine (and was before getting the new Sky box) so I don't think it's a problem with the TV?

Can anyone think where the problem could lie? If it was the cabling to the TV I wouldn't expect to be able to get such a clear picture whilst the sound is non-existent?

Thanks for any input...
Simon
Posted By: DaveG

Re: Weird TV sound problem - 06/02/2018 08:26

Try swapping the cables at the "distribution" end and see if the problem "moves" to the other TVs. Also is the third TV "tuned" in correctly?
Posted By: Hyperlink

Re: Weird TV sound problem - 06/02/2018 12:18

Is the sound output from the sky box set to something the TV doesn't understand? Maybe try setting the output to another setting?
Posted By: srm6

Re: Weird TV sound problem - 19/02/2018 08:30

Thanks for the thoughts both - distribution box is in the loft so took until yesterday for me to manage to get to it.

So I've now managed to work out that the issue is definitely with the specific TV - swapping the cables over didn't change things (which is possibly good as that may have been harder to fix).

So I think Hyperlink is on to something with it being the sound output from the Sky+ box (given that DVD's play fine on the TV, so it's not as if the speakers themselves are knackered).

But having looked through the options on the Sky box I couldn't see how to change the sound output - anybody have any ideas how I do that?

Thanks
Simon
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Weird TV sound problem - 19/02/2018 09:16

Move the RF output of the sky box to a different channel (frequency) and then re-tune the TV's to the new channel.

To change the output channel you need to access the hidden installer menu on the sky box by quickly pressing "services” button then “0”,”0”,"1”,"select” buttons.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK