Fiat Coupe Club UK

ARB's front and rear

Posted By: jame5

ARB's front and rear - 05/05/2013 19:50

I'm going to uprate my rear anti roll bar and can't decide which one to go for, i'm leaning towards the eibach kit but not sure about fitting the front bar as i have heard it's better to leave the standard on up front. What are peoples opinions on front and rear ARB's? What does uprating the front bar do to handling?
Posted By: Nigel

Re: ARB's front and rear - 05/05/2013 20:17

Updating the rear decreases under steer, updating the front increases under steer

When I knew less about chassis dynamics, I fitted an updated front ARB, assuming it would help the front end. It didn't.

When I got round to updating the rear ARB, it made the biggest difference out of all the handling mods I have ever done. Second biggest difference was going back to stock for the front ARB
Posted By: charlie_croker

Re: ARB's front and rear - 05/05/2013 20:53

Agree strongly with Nigel, the Whiteline Rear ARB makes a huge difference.
I refreshed all my suspension and the ARB made the biggest difference.

Re: ARB's front and rear - 05/05/2013 20:57

Sounds conclusive, front arb is out the window. Any opinions on which rear is best? Whiteline seems a popular choice.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: ARB's front and rear - 06/05/2013 09:43

James, I've got a 22mm Rear ARB. As others, one of he best upgrades in the handling dept. although I had the option of a 22mm or a 24mm when I bought mine, I wish I'd gone for the 24mm the 22mm is good and cuts understeer substantially, but I still get some when pushing on wink if you can get a 24mm Whiteline one you'll need though fabricate some brackets, but if your brave and like oversteer, give it a go smile
Alternatively the 22mm is excellent too, and is a straight swap smile

Re: ARB's front and rear - 06/05/2013 11:07

When my garage fitted my Whiteline 22mm rear ARB they weren't happy at reusing the old brackets and fabricated new ones.
Posted By: NoGatsos

Re: ARB's front and rear - 06/05/2013 15:18

Hi,
Have you had any instances of lift off oversteer since fitting this, particularly in the wet?
Cheers

Re: ARB's front and rear - 06/05/2013 17:29

Originally Posted By: NoGatsos
Hi,
Have you had any instances of lift off oversteer since fitting this, particularly in the wet?
Cheers

Well after the ARB, a couple of weeks later I renewed:
Droplinks, Dampers, Wishbones, Top mounts, fitted PU rear subframe bushes and rear radius arm bearings and tyres. Currently using Toyo R1-Rs and they are so sticky I can honestly say I haven't but then again on the road, I am unlikely to really face a Lift Off oversteer situation that often.

Re: ARB's front and rear - 06/05/2013 21:21

Is Balance Motorsport the cheapest place to buy the whiteline ARB?

Re: ARB's front and rear - 07/05/2013 07:55

Originally Posted By: jame5
Is Balance Motorsport the cheapest place to buy the whiteline ARB?

I think it's the only place to buy it, Julian there is a great bloke and will be happy to help you out.
Posted By: Freddan72

Re: ARB's front and rear - 07/05/2013 08:58

Originally Posted By: charlie_croker
When my garage fitted my Whiteline 22mm rear ARB they weren't happy at reusing the old brackets and fabricated new ones.
I think it looks okay with OE bracket smile

click to enlarge
Posted By: Gunzi

Re: ARB's front and rear - 11/05/2013 06:45

Bear in mind that the front ARB has bushes, which connect it to the subframe, are usually as old as the car and probably shot. Could be worth replacing those bushes when the rear ARB gets an upgrade?
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK