Fiat Coupe Club UK

Strange handling issue

Posted By: Burbum123

Strange handling issue - 14/05/2015 20:46

We'll this one is hard to explain but I'll try anyway!

My car seems to move on the road on its own , unless I'm imagining it when the steering wheel is in a straight line , or turning a corner the back end seems to come out aswell like it's swaying any ideas ?.

Track rod ends are new , as are wishbones, drop links .

Posted By: adam16vt

Re: Strange handling issue - 14/05/2015 22:11

Rear trailing arm bearing?

My car does this, all 3 have to be fair, I just deal with it, as it happens on the same bits of road all the time
Posted By: patrickstar

Re: Strange handling issue - 14/05/2015 22:14

Are your rear tires ok maybie sidewall lssue,over inflated. check rear arb bolts ,broken spring,Tracking out.
Posted By: knight7660

Re: Strange handling issue - 14/05/2015 23:03

Sounds like rear trailing arms may need refreshing and maybe even the subframe bushes
Posted By: Nigel

Re: Strange handling issue - 15/05/2015 13:24

My Plus does exactly the same, and my Sprinty also did it

On the Sprinty, it was trailing arm bearings. On the Plus, these are fine, so we suspect the subframe bushes - polybushes have been ordered and will be fitted soon

Re: Strange handling issue - 16/05/2015 20:01

Originally Posted By: Nigel
My Plus does exactly the same, and my Sprinty also did it

On the Sprinty, it was trailing arm bearings. On the Plus, these are fine, so we suspect the subframe bushes - polybushes have been ordered and will be fitted soon

How much do motor mech charge Nigel for subframe bush change I'll supply them ?
Posted By: Per

Re: Strange handling issue - 16/05/2015 21:21

Rear arm bushes.
Posted By: Nigel

Re: Strange handling issue - 16/05/2015 21:40

Originally Posted By: Burbum123
How much do motor mech charge Nigel for subframe bush change I'll supply them ?

Not sure, as its all in with a lot of other work, plus I get staff rates... wink

Give them a call - they've done a few now, so they're getting pretty handy at it

Its also a very good opportunity to have the rear underside Waxoyled while the subframe and fuel tank is off

Re: Strange handling issue - 16/05/2015 21:49

I'll give them a call mate cheers all tank was dropped by myself and undersealed so don't need that doing wink
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK