Fiat Coupe Club UK

Expedited membership

Posted By: Echodelta

Expedited membership - 27/02/2024 13:43

Hi, I’d like to join the club and have made my payment and submitted the form. I was just wondering if it would be possible to get membership set up before Thursday as I need to sort out insurance ahead of picking my Coupe up. Sorry to be a pain! I looked through the user list for the Membership Secretary but couldn’t find anyone listed with that title and I did try to PM the Treasurer but the forum wouldn’t let me.
If you can get me sorted that would be very much appreciated.
Cheers,
Andrew
Posted By: PeteP

Re: Expedited membership - 27/02/2024 14:23

Hello Andrew,

I look after membership. Normally we wait until the treasurer has confirmed that the subscription money has got to our account before processing applications.

As it is urgent, I have seen an email from Paypal confirming that you have paid and also completed the application form so will start things off.

As Insurance companies usually just ask for the membership number I will PM it to you so you can let them know in good time.

The actual membership pack will follow, but would probably not reach you before Thursday anyway.

Regards,

Pete.

Re: Expedited membership - 27/02/2024 17:31

Thank you Pete! Yes, I expect it’s just a membership number I’ll need when arranging insurance. If I can also get forum access to the members stuff then I can check out which insurers to contact. There’s certainly no rush to get the membership pack out to me, whenever is convenient is fine.
Thanks again, I’m looking forward to having a Coupe. I’ll introduce myself properly and post some details once I’ve got the car and I’m sure I’ll have some questions (although the forum has already provided plenty of useful information).

Re: Expedited membership - 28/02/2024 13:05

The insurance threads are in the open forum, so you have access right now. It's the 2nd one down in the Advice and FAQs section.

btw You only needed to send in one membership application, it's in progress and I've removed the duplicate.

Re: Expedited membership - 28/02/2024 13:22

Ah, so they are. I just assumed it’d be in the members only bit. Thanks for pointing that out.

I only submitted one application but I think the first time I tried to submit it grumbled about my phone number being missing (I’d filled in the mobile but not the other one) so maybe that’s where the second one came from?

Re: Expedited membership - 28/02/2024 15:06

No worries,

I think analogue land lines are due to be phased out by end 2025 anyway. I don't have one anymore, just a second mobile as a back-up.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK