Fiat Coupe Club UK

G-Tech Pro RR and Vista

Posted By: MeanRedSpider

G-Tech Pro RR and Vista - 13/05/2008 17:32

I've been using my G-Tech Pro RR performance meter with XP very successfully. Having recently got a laptop running Vista, I've tried to get it to work on that (great for competition) but I can't get the download from the meter to the pc to work. Spoke to the very helpful guys at Tesla (G-Tech) but, almost unbelievably, they haven't tried it with Vista yet so can't tell me if the fault is related to Vista or something else. One pointer is that the PASS software appears TWICE in the system tray when you run it.

Anybody tried it with Vista? (I'm not holding my breath)

Thanks

Richard
Posted By: Welformed

Re: G-Tech Pro RR and Vista - 13/05/2008 17:58

Having no other knowledge of the system than what you have just said, I say with 99.999999% probability the problem is with Vista. ;\)

What is the connector? USB? Serial? Does the software needs direct hardware access?
Posted By: MeanRedSpider

Re: G-Tech Pro RR and Vista - 13/05/2008 18:41

It runs through a Serial-to-USB converter - which seems to be OK on Vista (according to the manufacturer and on some other applications I've tracked down). Not sure what you mean by "direct hardware access" - it simply downloads the files from the meter to the PC.

I tried running the PASS software in "Compatibility Mode" in Vista but that didn't help \:\(
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK