Fiat Coupe Club UK

Her fisrt Rolling Road, very happy!!!!

Posted By: Anonymous

Her fisrt Rolling Road, very happy!!!! - 19/08/2008 16:41

Hi everyone!

Took the Coupe for her first Rolling Road today. Went down to Wallace Performance in Aberdeen to see if I could arrange one. Matty was on hand to guide me through everything and booked her in for 3.

Matty gave her a look over to see if she looked well and proper (needing a new radiator; was showing corrosion on the fins) and then he strapped her down.

First run was exciting to say the least. I’ve been told that on full chat, with the Pecco exhaust, she sounds like a demon but I've never had the chance to hear her from the outside myself. My my she’s a beast ha-ha! \:\/

Anyway, first run she made.....
Max power - Wheels 205.5 bhp @ 5942rpm
Max power - Engine 238.8 bhp @ 6109rpm
Max Torque- 245.5 lbft @ 3167

Second run
Max power - Wheels 205.9 bhp @ 5916rpm
Max power - Engine 238.4 bhp @ 6150rpm
Max Torque- 247.4 lbft @ 3152rpm

Fuelling was spot on; one of the best Matty had seen apparently (I bet he says that to all his customers \:P )

So all in all I’m as happy as can be. Was a great experience and now I known that the Coupe is nice and healthy. Thanks goes to Matty. He was spot on, cool meeting you. Also good to know a coop professional is just down the road from me, touch wood ha-ha.

Sorry for the long post folks. Excitement got the better of me.

Mike
Posted By: Kelv27

Re: Her fisrt Rolling Road, very happy!!!! - 19/08/2008 16:48

Congratulations. Very nice set of figures there. Pretty good torque as well. Mannnn..i really need to do something about my torque!
Posted By: mattB

Re: Her fisrt Rolling Road, very happy!!!! - 19/08/2008 16:57

Oh my god! You let Matty loose on your car?

A lucky escape for you there I think. ;\)

I will be utterly astounded if he didn't say 'There's loads of fuel, you could turn the boost up a bit more if you wanted...' \:D

Re: Her fisrt Rolling Road, very happy!!!! - 19/08/2008 17:13

what mods you got dude ?

Re: Her fisrt Rolling Road, very happy!!!! - 19/08/2008 17:23

Haha you think I got away lightly do you? He did mention I would soon get used to the power and begin to hunger for a few more ponies.

Ive got a Gtech1, PRV, Boost gauge and a Pecco Exhaust, all from the previous two owners; the car was originally DanTheMancs car.

Ah me, like a little boy in a sweet shop I was haha!

Mike

Re: Her fisrt Rolling Road, very happy!!!! - 19/08/2008 17:54

your mods will be identical to mine ! lets hope i get similar at the next Dyno demon rolling road day.

Did you run with the standard ebv with the gtech or go straight to using the prv ?

Re: Her fisrt Rolling Road, very happy!!!! - 19/08/2008 20:20

Was good meeting you Mike, sorry I couldn't have spent longer with your coop but as Russ was off ill today we were pretty bogged down with work.

Your coop is running perfect apart from the slightly higher than normal running temps but once you've got a new radiator on you'll find that will solve the issue. A very well sorted car IMHO and as I said a damn near perfect fuel curve.

Now time to warm up that credit card for more power...

\:P

Re: Her fisrt Rolling Road, very happy!!!! - 19/08/2008 20:50

Steve, It was the previous owner that fit the chip and prv, Im not sure whether both were fitted at the same time or not, sorry. Be good to see what results you get with the same mods, see how widely the results vary?

Matty, Ive got that Radiator I mentioned about, getting sent up tomorrow so will have it soon, can’t complain at all really. Im gonna give it a bash at changing it myself; my old mans quite handy with the oily stuff so well give it a shot anyway.

As for the credit card.....stop being a bad influence \:\)

Mike
Posted By: Freddan72

Re: Her fisrt Rolling Road, very happy!!!! - 20/08/2008 06:50

Any graph?
Posted By: DanTheManc

Re: Her fisrt Rolling Road, very happy!!!! - 20/08/2008 07:26

Nice to see you got her on the rollers Mike. I bet she sounded great on full chat.

Very good results too, I told you I took care of her \:D its good to know all the pampering she got from me has paid off and the mods I fitted was set up correctly. I fitted the Chip, blitz boost gauge and PRV at the same time as questioned above.

I'm still very jealous that I dont own here anymore. By far the best car I have ever owned and it is definatly one of the best coops around.

Do you have any plans for any further mods in the future?

Re: Her fisrt Rolling Road, very happy!!!! - 20/08/2008 12:41

I dont really plan on more power no. Shes fast enough as she is I think. I am getting used to the power though; its always fun taking a passenger along for a ride and seeing their face!

Who knows....maybe eventually I will.

Mike
Posted By: Kelv27

Re: Her fisrt Rolling Road, very happy!!!! - 20/08/2008 13:05

Ahh thats what they all say...when they first buy the car...' no no.. i have enough power'

Yeah right..I give it 1 month max! \:P \:D

Re: Her fisrt Rolling Road, very happy!!!! - 03/09/2008 00:41

spot on, 1 month.. \:D
Posted By: Nigel

Re: Her fisrt Rolling Road, very happy!!!! - 03/09/2008 10:58

Quote:
Shes fast enough as she is I think.

no such thing.....

I still find myself flooring the throttle, seeing as much as 2 bar, and thinking "could do with a bit more...."

Its never-ending (but great fun chasing ;\) )

Re: Her fisrt Rolling Road, very happy!!!! - 03/09/2008 11:34

Haha yeah it has been a month since and I’m still happy with the power........all though I have to say that fast doesn’t feel as fast as it used to! \:D \:P

Re: Her fisrt Rolling Road, very happy!!!! - 03/09/2008 12:12

\:D i got that problem
Posted By: DanTheManc

Re: Her fisrt Rolling Road, very happy!!!! - 03/09/2008 16:50

Originally Posted By: Monster
Haha yeah it has been a month since and I’m still happy with the power........all though I have to say that fast doesn’t feel as fast as it used to! \:D \:P

You soon get used to the power. Reading the group buy and tuning section will soon make you start thinking...... "maybe I need a panel filter, there only cheap" and "I think I NEED a FMIC"

I'll give it another month ;\)

Re: Her fisrt Rolling Road, very happy!!!! - 03/09/2008 21:03

Well as it happens I have been taking a wee peek at the “20VT Tuning Workshop - The Knowledge” thread. \:\)

Stage 1 – (240-255BHP) – Bolt on Parts
GTEC1 Chip
Air Filter
Boost Gauge
NGK Spark Plugs
Exhaust (Don’t Decat)

Regarding the Stage 1 mods I would need.....

Air filter; does it ACTUALLY make a difference, apart from the noise? Is the standard one not up to much? I know there are plenty of threads on this as to which is best, K&N and Apexi seem to come up regularly.

NGK Spark Plugs; again do they really make a difference or is it a case of the sum of the parts and all that?

Exhaust; It’s a Peco one on just now so I take it that’s a check on the list?

I know this should be in tuning if the mods want to move it.
Whats your thoughts folks?

Mike

Re: Her fisrt Rolling Road, very happy!!!! - 03/09/2008 21:15

The uprated plugs will work more reliably at higher temperatures/pressures.

Re: Her fisrt Rolling Road, very happy!!!! - 07/09/2008 00:19

Nice to see a coupe on the rolling road at a similar spec to mine getting very similar results!

What boost pressure do you run at? Have you got a graph?

My car went on the rolling road with the same mods minus the exhaust plus a PACE uprated side mount intercooler. I ran it at 1.1 bar and got the following;

243.2bhp @ ~5920
~250lbft @ ~3350
(all rough as i took them from the below graph)

Plot;

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/tob4312/RRplot1.jpg

The boost spike needs sorting, its my boost controller getting tired i think.

Interesting that mine hits full torque slightly later than yours, maybe i have a slight boost leak? Oh yeah, the boost tailed off to 0.6 bar at the redline, is this too low? Maybe i do have a boost leak. Ill start with boost controller and dump valve and check all the hoses i think.

Re: Her fisrt Rolling Road, very happy!!!! - 19/09/2008 14:42

Could be a stretched accelerator cable. I love looking at this bit of the forum, I'm sort of thinking of getting rid of mine buying another for £2k and spending a couple of grand on it for some big power. Maybe next year.

Re: Her fisrt Rolling Road, very happy!!!! - 19/09/2008 21:36

Good thought. Is there any adjustment in the cable?
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK