Fiat Coupe Club UK

Flea'd coupe vs focus ST remap

Posted By: Anonymous

Flea'd coupe vs focus ST remap - 22/03/2011 15:00

Been challenged to run at santapod against a focus ST with a remap (not sure which might be bluefin)

What are my chances?

Re: Flea'd coupe vs focus ST remap - 22/03/2011 15:01

20VT standard apart from flea remap.
Posted By: Trappy

Re: Flea'd coupe vs focus ST remap - 22/03/2011 15:10

Originally Posted By: couper
Been challenged to run at santapod against a focus ST with a remap (not sure which might be bluefin)

What are my chances?

If you match him off the line, you'll probably monster him.

Re: Flea'd coupe vs focus ST remap - 22/03/2011 15:26

Hee Hee!

Had a couple of in gear runs from 20 - 70 and kept up and didn't feel that the coupe got chance to get going properly!

FAO Mod's: This was done on a very very long private driveway of Mr Focus's dads house!!

Re: Flea'd coupe vs focus ST remap - 22/03/2011 15:27

I better practice my starts then!!

Probably much easier to get off the line in the Focus?
Posted By: knight7660

Re: Flea'd coupe vs focus ST remap - 22/03/2011 15:32

what did your coupe make after the flea map?

Re: Flea'd coupe vs focus ST remap - 22/03/2011 15:55

you should do him if you can master the launch.

good luck!!

Re: Flea'd coupe vs focus ST remap - 22/03/2011 17:45

Flea guessed about 260ish

Re: Flea'd coupe vs focus ST remap - 22/03/2011 17:53

You will win as long you get a decent start!! In third gear the focus will be going backwards.

Re: Flea'd coupe vs focus ST remap - 22/03/2011 19:24

My mate had a bluefi st or dream science and my flea mapped coupe owned his ass.

My money's on the coupe.

Re: Flea'd coupe vs focus ST remap - 22/03/2011 22:24

i would think it would be very close, not sure what the gear ratios on a focus are but i would guess they are slightly shorter making it more accelerative and it will probably have more torque and better traction however it is heavier and probably more strangled at the top end than a coupe

i would think it will come down to who can launch the car better

better to do a rolling start then you take the launch out of the equation and get more of an idea as to what would be faster in the real world
Posted By: lenzoferrari

Re: Flea'd coupe vs focus ST remap - 22/03/2011 22:57

wel if your coupe is standard you be getting raped lol st focus with a bluefin map goes well mate of mine has got one pull off is not good at all spins to much so you will have him there but i would say get your coupe mapped if you aint already just makes it fair

Re: Flea'd coupe vs focus ST remap - 23/03/2011 12:35

Just make sure you video it and post a link on here smile
Posted By: Trappy

Re: Flea'd coupe vs focus ST remap - 24/03/2011 12:40

Originally Posted By: lenzoferrari
wel if your coupe is standard you be getting raped lol st focus with a bluefin map goes well mate of mine has got one pull off is not good at all spins to much so you will have him there but i would say get your coupe mapped if you aint already just makes it fair

His Coupe is mapped, it's in the second post. A standard ST is NOWHERE near as fast as a standard 20vT so I see no reason why it would 'rape' a Standard 20vT after a simple remap... Without mechanical modifications, it' just another hot hatch with a massive torque spike so far down the rev band that it isn't used in a through-the-gears blast.

Re: Flea'd coupe vs focus ST remap - 24/03/2011 13:03

ST's are poor, my mate had one for a month before he got rid of it, this was with a dream science chip to, very heavy indeed he has a new rs now and my mapped coupe keeps up with this when their both rolling.
Posted By: Nigel

Re: Flea'd coupe vs focus ST remap - 24/03/2011 13:25

Originally Posted By: tomlough
very heavy indeed

Not really - they're only listed at 50kg more than the Coupe and they have the same power and a bit more torque
Posted By: jimboy

Re: Flea'd coupe vs focus ST remap - 24/03/2011 13:30

As said if you can launch properly, it's in the bag for you. When you get to mid range, the Coops party piece will kick in (literally)

In saying all that the ST isn't exactly a slouch, but from a 2.5 turbo 5 pot to boot, more modern etc, you would have expected more power.
Posted By: JimO

Re: Flea'd coupe vs focus ST remap - 24/03/2011 14:03

Having owned both cars in this comparison, the coupe will not easily win, yes its faster in a straight line in 3rd gear, but the ST will launch flawlessy every single time. So the coupe will be playing catch up in 1st and 2nd gear, so its only once 3rd gear is reached that it will over take, at which point both cars will be into the regions of 70mph and you will run out of drag strip. So if you can't launch your coop well be prepared for a very marginal win or worse.

Also, don't race him round a corner!

Re: Flea'd coupe vs focus ST remap - 24/03/2011 14:47

My money's on the coupe that's all I'm saying, if I knew how to put videos on here I would show you why I say this.
Posted By: JimO

Re: Flea'd coupe vs focus ST remap - 24/03/2011 14:49

You can't put videos on here you can put them on youtube and link them if you really want, but I imagine you have some videos of a coupe aginst a Focus ST and the coop winning!

Re: Flea'd coupe vs focus ST remap - 24/03/2011 15:32

Yeah and not got 2 standard ones and tue coupe wins then me and my mates old one, my bhp was 268 and his was never tested but a lot more than standard.

Re: Flea'd coupe vs focus ST remap - 24/03/2011 22:26

trappy you are right coupe vs st both standard coupe will win everyday of the week ... but a mapped st are not slow by any means .. my mate montune st is running 330 on as stage one map

Re: Flea'd coupe vs focus ST remap - 24/03/2011 22:36

Montune is a different story, the guy says it's a bluefin, basically the same as gtec, montune is quality my mate at work has a fiesta st and they have worked wonders on that.

Re: Flea'd coupe vs focus ST remap - 24/03/2011 22:49

trappy you are right coupe vs st both standard coupe will win everyday of the week ... but a mapped st are not slow by any means .. my mate montune st is running 330 on as stage one map

Stage one map from mountune qoutes 260bhp to achieve 330 bhp you would require much more than a map smile
bolt ons etc also the engine is a little fragile beyond 300bhp

Re: Flea'd coupe vs focus ST remap - 24/03/2011 23:28

Go on YouTube and search st dreamscience, if I could post I link I would, their is a 314bhp st and it is suprisingly poor. The poor guy gets a lot of abusive comments...

Re: Flea'd coupe vs focus ST remap - 25/03/2011 00:16

that is true but some engine has just got that x factor and some aint my mate st has a full 3" mongoose exhaust with a montune map thats all .....

Re: Flea'd coupe vs focus ST remap - 25/03/2011 05:19

Yeah and look how it pulls, for the bhp it's not what you'd expect.

Re: Flea'd coupe vs focus ST remap - 25/03/2011 07:33

that is true but some engine has just got that x factor and some aint my mate st has a full 3" mongoose exhaust with a montune map thats all .....

Well that car cant be running 330 bhp end of 265-270 at most! Simon cowell doesnt let engines audtion yet smile

Re: Flea'd coupe vs focus ST remap - 25/03/2011 08:27

He has. Fmic too the video I seen and the usual filters etc.

Re: Flea'd coupe vs focus ST remap - 25/03/2011 09:38

The St is a very underpowered car for its engines capabilities.
The volvo T5 is a brilliant engine that sees well over 200,000 miles without a spanner touching it.
Ideally the replacement for a coupe for someone after a similar engine without the hassle.
I myself have the T5 in my car and although heavier it will out drag a coupe on a straight line.I wish it didnt in a way but its a fantastic engine.
The 2.3 engine is the best as it can run higher boost.
Other than the rods being weak on the earlier engine its almost hassle free motoring.
But money aside i enjoy driving the coupe even in standard form,and it puts a smile on my face everytime whereas the T5 is a more mature car and much refined.
Posted By: TurboNick

Re: Flea'd coupe vs focus ST remap - 25/03/2011 17:00

Originally Posted By: johnnybravoturbo
The St is a very underpowered car for its engines capabilities.
The volvo T5 is a brilliant engine that sees well over 200,000 miles without a spanner touching it.
Ideally the replacement for a coupe for someone after a similar engine without the hassle.
I myself have the T5 in my car and although heavier it will out drag a coupe on a straight line.I wish it didnt in a way but its a fantastic engine.
The 2.3 engine is the best as it can run higher boost.
Other than the rods being weak on the earlier engine its almost hassle free motoring.
But money aside i enjoy driving the coupe even in standard form,and it puts a smile on my face everytime whereas the T5 is a more mature car and much refined.

You have a T5 lump in your car!!?? Why is this the first i have heard of this!?

Back to topic it will be very close but i think the coop will just edge it lets not forget he has to change gears one extra time just to get to 100.

Nick
Posted By: pinin_prestatyn

Re: Flea'd coupe vs focus ST remap - 26/03/2011 12:01

My mate's got an ST, standard it's just torquey but not all that fast. I leave it for dead in my Flea map coop. I don't think a remap would change things in his favour much.

Re: Flea'd coupe vs focus ST remap - 26/03/2011 13:24

He means his Volvo nick, that red c70
Posted By: TurboNick

Re: Flea'd coupe vs focus ST remap - 26/03/2011 23:42

Oh so that's why I haven't heard of it lol maybe that was a bit of a blond moment on my behalf rolleyes Sorry.

no offence to blonds

Re: Flea'd coupe vs focus ST remap - 26/03/2011 23:52

Originally Posted By: TurboNick
Oh so that's why I haven't heard of it lol maybe that was a bit of a blond moment on my behalf rolleyes Sorry.

no offence to blonds

too late! evil

offence taken grr
laugh

Re: Flea'd coupe vs focus ST remap - 27/03/2011 05:21

i think the only thing that would stop me beasting a st would be me being very kind on my clutch. unless im rolling i never pounce. i just sleep zzzzzzzzzzz change to 2nd (POUNCE!!!!! power power power lol
Posted By: chrissy

Re: Flea'd coupe vs focus ST remap - 27/03/2011 07:25

what on earth are you doing up @ 05:21!
Posted By: technics

Re: Flea'd coupe vs focus ST remap - 27/03/2011 10:33

Good question, but your not much better for a Sunday. tongue

Re: Flea'd coupe vs focus ST remap - 27/03/2011 21:39

Originally Posted By: chrissy

I had just finished servicing the misses. No I work nights, lol

Re: Flea'd coupe vs focus ST remap - 05/04/2011 19:20

Originally Posted By: zimpara
Originally Posted By: chrissy

I had just finished servicing the misses. No I work nights, lol

Weyheyy giggidy giggidy, ow riight!! laugh

.... When is the Flea'd coop versus ST happening then? laugh

Re: Flea'd coupe vs focus ST remap - 05/04/2011 19:33

May aswell go against the Rs because the ST's are slooow even the mapped ones are patheticly slow.
I batter focus RS's not even close

Re: Flea'd coupe vs focus ST remap - 05/04/2011 20:30

Originally Posted By: BoostMeCoupeUp
May aswell go against the Rs because the ST's are slooow even the mapped ones are patheticly slow.
I batter focus RS's not even close

Dont talk daft,these puff's who drive these cars need to swap with me and i will teach you Leicester chavs a lesson or two volvo t5 style. laugh
Its about time you went up 21 nasem so you can see how the big boys drive.
None of this 40-90 rubbish.

Re: Flea'd coupe vs focus ST remap - 05/04/2011 21:20

Big boys drive??
jbt didn't you only beat me by 0.1 seconds down pod lol and you own your own garage!
Where as I was running falken tyres, full interior, spare wheel 1.25bar and a heavy set of azevs wheels!
You had an extra 150bhp you need me to swap with you!
Not the guys that loose to me let you drive lol

Re: Flea'd coupe vs focus ST remap - 06/04/2011 09:30

I had 4 runs and 3 with an ignition missfire,and winning is winning.
0.1 seconds would see you will the formula 1 championship.

Re: Flea'd coupe vs focus ST remap - 06/04/2011 19:07

No racing stories thanks

And now locked due to that ^^
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK