Fiat Coupe Club UK

mountain biking?

Posted By: Anonymous

mountain biking? - 08/01/2006 04:26

I know there was talk of this in the old forum so i though i'd give everyone a little reminder.

Oh and for those who dare put their bike in the coop... 'carplan' upholstory cleaner from halfrauds managed to get a greasy chain mark off the roof lining in my car!!

Amazing stuff!!

Re: mountain biking? - 08/01/2006 22:19

Kenno put it on the outside of your car instead lol

I think the Fishy D was looking into this??

PS put your location in your avatar area as makes thngs easier for the organiser lol

Re: mountain biking? - 09/01/2006 06:11

KP - yeah been thinking about that. What are good bike racks to get for the coop?

Also is there any way of 'securing' the bike to the car if you leave it on the street? I say this as my road bike cost more than the coop!

Location now up. Didn't realise it was missing!

Re: mountain biking? - 09/01/2006 06:16

KP - just read your post on the coupe related chat about bike racks!

Re: mountain biking? - 11/01/2006 00:33

I'm local to Cwmcarn and Afan Argoed if anyone's up for it?

Ben

Re: mountain biking? - 15/01/2006 19:16

yeah i got a trials bike thats a pain in the arss to get in! too long

Re: mountain biking? - 16/01/2006 09:46

Yeah you can secure it using a very long lock from argos for a few quid round the underfram of the rear of the car, though ive found making it secure enough to stand upto 130leptons on private roads usually means they wil have to spend at least 5mins cutting all the ribbing off it if they chose not to undo it! lol

Anyone decided on a time and place for this then??

Get the FishyD involved and get some good footage as well i suspect

Re: mountain biking? - 16/01/2006 17:10

Fishy_Dave said he'd be keen and I know he pops over to Cwmcarn now and again.

One of the last times I was there I spotted what looked like a just-resprayed Murple 20V Turbo in the car park. It was that sight that pretty much made me return to Coupe ownership!
Posted By: Gripped

Re: mountain biking? - 18/01/2006 03:01

I took my Portofino Blue to Cwmcarn for the "forest drive" are you sure it wasn't my n/a you saw?

Coop in Cwmcarn

I get up to Cwmcarn on the bike a fair bit and Afan Argoed. Maybe we should sort a bike meet.

Re: mountain biking? - 18/01/2006 03:11

So let's pick a weekend guys.

Me - no can do 27-30 Jan or 17-24 Feb

Re: mountain biking? - 18/01/2006 06:00

Get yourself a (detachable) towbar like this one.
Then connect this to it and Bob's your uncle

How about that?

Re: mountain biking? - 18/01/2006 19:49

Quote:

I took my Portofino Blue to Cwmcarn for the "forest drive" are you sure it wasn't my n/a you saw?

Coop in Cwmcarn

I get up to Cwmcarn on the bike a fair bit and Afan Argoed. Maybe we should sort a bike meet.

Afraid it was definitely a 20V Turbo with coded sills. Looked fresh out of the bodyshop - immaculate paint.

Re: mountain biking? - 18/01/2006 23:37

Bobbs would be my aunty if anything, i dont think she will appreciate being called a fella let alone scooby!! LOL

I may be able to make this but its a trek for sure and the weekend in feb will prob be best

Re: mountain biking? - 09/05/2006 04:55

Hi if anyone would like a mountain bike holiday in the french alps my son has a chalet there and does guided rides, the area has some really good tracks and he would give coupe owners a good deal.
Posted By: zak

Re: mountain biking? - 12/05/2006 03:28

Got myself a coupe roof rack and going to order either https://sslrelay.com/s75353868.oneandone...%3D28ATG01%3D29

or

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/product_test/47653/cycle_racks_roof_mount.html
(Thule pro-ride)

Will this be stable enough ??

Re: mountain biking? - 13/05/2006 04:14

I wouldn't sling a bike on top of mi coupe !! and even though I have seen them in the flesh (I still think they look a little on the unstable side fella)

And u lot I thought mountain biking were swear words !!!!!

you wanna try biking over here !!! we got REAL mountains

I mean alps 2 and a bit hour from where I'm at

Re: mountain biking? - 13/05/2006 20:03

I cant comment on the roof racks as i have always thought they were unstable as well which is why mine gets slung on the boot.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK