Fiat Coupe Club UK

South West.....

Posted By: Anonymous

South West..... - 27/06/2012 10:20

As a fairly new coupe owner based in the South West (Devon) I have noticed a few other owners posting on the forums, a few new owners cropping up and a few 'spotteds' from time to time.

With regard to social events and meetings though, most seem to be further afield and would require some serious dedication, and deep pockets for the fuel costs, to attend. My first and only event so far was Beaulieu, which was do-able from Devon.

Are there any large events of note in the area which the club attends, or indeed would like to attend given enough potential attendees? Also, what about some small scale club social gatherings, or drives out and about? - Happy to punt a few ideas around and possible organise something if there is enough interest.

Re: South West..... - 27/06/2012 22:37

Very interested in this. All the Auto Italias etc which I've taken my Alfas to have been hours away, something closer to home would be great. I'm near Yeovil. Any excuse to take the Coupe out!
Posted By: paulw

Re: South West..... - 29/06/2012 11:26

You're right of course; most of the events are a bit of a drive for us in the SW.

We have organised the odd drive out (across the moors or over to Lynton / Lynmouth) in the past, or of course Cheddar and Bristol area, but response has been patchy from about 4 Coupes up to 15 or so!

I'd be able to make it to nearer ones - time is a problem for those further away.

Re: South West..... - 11/07/2012 20:51

Ahh, the joys of living in the South west.
I'm keen, especially if people wanted to cross the bridge down to Kernow!

Re: South West..... - 11/07/2012 23:22

Bristol is the hot-bed of the South West 'scene' smile

If you are going further south-westerly, then i'm sure a good few of us owners here would attend but there are always ifs buts and maybes.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK