Mansionhouse Hill of Tarvit, Fife
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 26th May - 18/02/2013 22:53

I'm off that weekend,I'll be there! thumb
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 26th May - 19/02/2013 00:23

1. Edinburgh
2. Steamer

See if you can drag any of the other Ayrshire crew along with you mate!

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 26th May - 24/02/2013 00:00

i will definitely be there
Posted By: Baz76

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 26th May - 20/03/2013 22:19

1. Edinburgh
2. Steamer
3. fiatcoupe86
4. Baz76

I should be able to make it to this again cool .

Baz smile

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 26th May - 22/03/2013 08:45

This is a poor response so far chaps!
I assume you are all lurking and intend to attend,so please stick your names on the list in case we need numbers for the organisers?
You know who you all are!!!' wave

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 26th May - 22/03/2013 20:26

Pretty sure I'm on call that week guy's.

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 26th May - 22/03/2013 22:43

Sure sure,get your lardy up there!

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 26th May - 22/03/2013 23:20

I speak only the truth...

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 26th May - 23/03/2013 09:13

Mmmmmm!
Posted By: Rob40

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 26th May - 23/03/2013 09:39

Either myself or Angelo will get to this, don't think we'll both manage the same day off.

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 26th May - 23/03/2013 18:55

Cheers Rob thumb

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 26th May - 23/03/2013 20:18

1. Edinburgh
2. Steamer
3. fiatcoupe86
4. Baz76
5. Rob40/F1ANG

Thanks to Steamer for the assistant plug (don't misunderstand that paper laugh )

Gargoil, rAzOr_20VT, can you guys get along?

GrahamL, you're not too far away, brave the May snowdrifts man and see bonnie Fife!

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 26th May - 14/04/2013 19:10

Put me and the Mrs down, Coupe & Spider

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 26th May - 14/04/2013 20:05

1. Edinburgh
2. Steamer
3. fiatcoupe86
4. Baz76
5. Rob40/F1ANG
6. Kerr20v and Mrs

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 26th May - 28/04/2013 17:29

Now folks, the blizzards are blown away, the big yellow (not pointy) thing up there is oot!!

This is a brilliant venue where it's easy to speak to everyone within the area, bring along wifies and g/f's to see round the House and Gardens, enjoy the excellent coffee and food in the cafe!

It's sheltered too, in the confines of surrounding hedges, bring your folding chairs (those that work lol) and blankets and tents for the kids, enjoy!!

I should have been up there masel casing the joint today but mine's is still in the bodyshop frown

Maybe this week....
Posted By: Baz76

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 26th May - 07/05/2013 07:18

1. Edinburgh
2. Steamer
3. fiatcoupe86
4. Rob40/F1ANG
5. Kerr20v and Mrs

Sorry folks, I can't make this now frown .

Baz smile

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 26th May - 07/05/2013 11:31

Sorry to hear this Baz, the gig better be well paid laugh

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 26th May - 08/05/2013 21:01

Ok entry to the event is as follows..

You can turn up anytime after 9 and the ticket price is £8 per person discount if you book in advance on the national trust website, or £10 on the day. This includes admission to the house.

The event officially runs from 11.00 to 4.00 and we should all be there by 1030 to ensure getting parked in our slot.

For those coming from south, we'll rendezvous at the usual place (MaccyD's carpark at the Forth Road Bridge services) and convoy up leaving at 0930 - it's an hour's motoring.

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 26th May - 20/05/2013 13:00

Here is a link for the club logo to print out and display on arrival:

dashboard bling

Remember to get tickets online to qualify for discount smile linky

The turnout's disappointing guys, WHERE ARE YOU???!
Posted By: jimbob13

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 26th May - 21/05/2013 11:59

Originally Posted By: Edinburgh

Still under the bonnet. cry

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 26th May - 21/05/2013 22:27

Sorry I can't make it guys, hope you have a great day and the weather holds smile

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 26th May - 21/05/2013 23:18

Originally Posted By: jimbob13
Originally Posted By: Edinburgh

Still under the bonnet. cry

Is it a head case?
Posted By: dante giacosa

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 26th May - 24/05/2013 10:53

If it's any consolation (and why would it be?) I shall be there next year in Chris Bangle's finest...

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 26th May - 24/05/2013 15:07

1. Edinburgh
2. Steamer
3. fiatcoupe86
4. Kerr20v and Mrs

...4 coops!?!? is that all that's attending this year confused

Really sorry to add to the disappointment folks but neither me or dad will be attending this now, reason being the plonker that was supposed to be working in order for 1 of us to make it, has decided to chop his bloody thumb off! Not to mention how busy it gets around here on a bank holiday, So we're both stuck unfortunately. frown

Anyway hope you lot have a great time, and the sun decides to make an appearance on the day cool

We're looking forwards to seing everybody at hopetoun house meet later this year. smile

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 26th May - 24/05/2013 16:45

Originally Posted By: JimP
If it's any consolation (and why would it be?) I shall be there next year in Chris Bangle's finest...

Hi Jim wave Not bringing the big M this time?

@Rob and Angelo frown
Hazards of your trade, it's more dangerous than driving...sorry you can't make it but hopefully see you in August!

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 26th May - 25/05/2013 11:06

Doubt il be there unless my water pump is replaced today,,,,,,canny see it though!

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 26th May - 25/05/2013 18:10

Due to lack of numbers attending.....

Dad said somebody can take his car if they want? laugh

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 26th May - 25/05/2013 19:58

Unlimited mileage? evil

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 26th May - 25/05/2013 20:01

Last minute reminder...buy your ticket online and print off the logo for display in windscreen on arrival thumb

See you tomorrow morning!

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 26th May - 26/05/2013 17:21

Hope you had good weather? Sunny day in the South.
Look forward to pics.

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 26th May - 26/05/2013 23:18

What a start to the day....in a mass convoy of ONE I left the rendezvous point at the FRB thinking what the hell am I doing, how am I going to look all the other clubs in the eye frown

But still it wisnae a bad day for a hurl and three quarters of an hour later in I roll at the Mansionhouse, all very organised and friendly, and get sent up to the furthest corner, and what do I see... click to enlarge
Recognise the ex-Duffy/Duncan-mobile? Met the new owners, really nice folk, lucky to have this!
Feeling a lot better ending up parked next to the same as last year and not on my tod after all click to enlarge the tour began....
click to enlarge

click to enlarge
One of many Abarths (this belongs to my garage man's boy who works with his Dad) click to enlarge click to enlarge

A barchetta rescued from the scrapyard with its distinctive coupe steering wheel, and the four wheel nuts on each corner merged into one bloody great central nut 3" diameter! click to enlarge

click to enlarge
The 126 - had a maroon one of these, great wee motor which I took up and down the country click to enlarge click to enlarge

click to enlarge click to enlarge

Wee 500's with the two small levers under the handbrake, one a starter, the other a choke - the heater control an L-shaped lever underneath the rear passenger's foot on the tunnel laugh
click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge
this owner couldn't stop polishing in here and everywhere click to enlarge

click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge

then surprise... click to enlarge first John in the green 16v with 44k on the clock then Barry in the (near) sprinty with 79k and lots of great work done on it by himclick to enlarge

Then lunch
click to enlarge
which had heated up nicely in situ during the run from FRB to the venue laugh

So all said and done after an inauspicious start, a really enjoyable day with a fair amount of sunshine and to cap it all Lego (Marko) turned up with the lads in his LE late in the day making a grand total of 5 coops! Good to see everyone new and old smile

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 26th May - 26/05/2013 23:26

thumb

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 26th May - 26/05/2013 23:37

Oh, great shots; well done...!

I'm glad a few made it out I was starting to read that story there with a sinking feeling...

Is it just me- or was it a bit less crowded from last year? Looks like a bit more room?
Also; can I ask- is Hopetoun ON this year? I thought it wasn't...

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 26th May - 26/05/2013 23:49

Originally Posted By: JimP

Is it just me- or was it a bit less crowded from last year? Looks like a bit more room?
Also; can I ask- is Hopetoun ON this year? I thought it wasn't...

Correct on both counts Jim, they found it quite a muddle last year with folk parking anywhere at the end. It's a lovely venue but a bit prescriptive being a NT property so I think they may reconsider Craigtoun Park again for next year.

Hopetoun House sadly looks as if it won't run this year. I haven't got to the bottom of the story but will post when I hear something. It's a great shame as a) it's such a great setting and b) it's 50% of Scottish meets!

I'm working (with help from experts haha) on a combined track day with SAROC on a Saturday at some stage in the (not that near) future, most likely at Knockhill. Watch one of these spaces laugh
Posted By: jimbob13

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 26th May - 27/05/2013 07:26

Bugger, my one small consolation having missed this event two years in a row, was that the Coop would be ready in time for Hopetoun House. frown

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 26th May - 27/05/2013 10:33

yes- tell me about it!

That sounds like a great idea...

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 26th May - 27/05/2013 20:17

Nice to see my Coupe is still on the go and things went well!

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 26th May - 27/05/2013 21:14

Originally Posted By: Duffy
Nice to see my Coupe is still on the go and things went well!

You'll have spotted the new owners in one of the pics then! I have to say he seemed really pleased with his side of the deal wink

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 26th May - 27/05/2013 22:46

Glad a few cars turned up on the day Simon. Your car was looking very good as was Barry's. I was a bit too late in the day, though boys were happier as there was less time to get board. Thats the trouble with this and the Hopetoun show - there is not enough other stuff/stalls to keep the rest of the family from getting bored after an hour . Good to speak to the SAROC rep and hopefully we can organise something on track with them in future.

As for the Extravaganza at Glams that the Barchetta chappy was telling us about-

Glamis Motor Extravaganza

This looks like it could entertain the whole family for good part of the day.
Definitely worth a visit I think and an idea for a future annual Scottish Coupe meet maybe.
Also plenty of nice roads to drive getting there and back. smile

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 26th May - 27/05/2013 23:08

Originally Posted By: Lego
Glad a few cars turned up on the day Simon. Your car was looking very good as was Barry's. I was a bit too late in the day, though boys were happier as there was less time to get board. Thats the trouble with this and the Hopetoun show - there is not enough other stuff/stalls to keep the rest of the family from getting bored after an hour . Good to speak to the SAROC rep and hopefully we can organise something on track with them in future.

As for the Extravaganza at Glams that the Barchetta chappy was telling us about-

Glamis Castle Extravaganza

This looks like it could entertain the whole family for good part of the day.
Definitely worth a visit I think and an idea for a future annual Scottish Coupe meet maybe.
Also plenty of nice roads to drive getting there and back. smile

Sorted the link for you Marko, but thanks anyway thumb

May just be back from holiday by then....

Re: Scottish Italian Car Day 26th May - 28/05/2013 00:23

oops didn't check my link blush
Thanks Simon

Here is the direct link: 39th SCOTTISH TRANSPORT EXTRAVAGANZA 13th & 14th JULY 2013
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK