Fiat Coupe Club UK

Lincs/Newark Mini Meet 28th October...anyone?

Posted By: Anonymous

Lincs/Newark Mini Meet 28th October...anyone? - 09/10/2007 22:15

OK here it is...hope you can make this date, sorry about the short notice.

Re: Lincs/Newark Mini Meet 28th October...anyone? - 09/10/2007 23:24

yeah let us no where

Re: Lincs/Newark Mini Meet 28th October...anyone? - 10/10/2007 00:10

sure, i dont know of many places there, mabye an open field haha or a car park of some description? then go on a mini drive.

Re: Lincs/Newark Mini Meet 28th October...anyone? - 10/10/2007 02:18

I'll let ya know as it dependson work

chris

Re: Lincs/Newark Mini Meet 28th October...anyone? - 10/10/2007 15:31

Definatly up for the 28th, will be able to meet up with anyone travelling South (possibly at Blyth Services on the A1) and go down together, once time and location have been confirmed for meet, give us a shout if you want to meet at Blyth.

Re: Lincs/Newark Mini Meet 28th October...anyone? - 10/10/2007 16:20

Working so a no go - but have a good un lads (and lasses).
Posted By: MetalMan

Re: Lincs/Newark Mini Meet 28th October...anyone? - 10/10/2007 17:25

Can probably do this on the 28th - any idea of a meeting place yet?

@OWL - give Blyth services a miss, it's absolute bedlam there at the moment with no chance of it improving in the near future. I will probably cut through Retford and link up with the A1 at Markham Moor
Posted By: Welformed

Re: Lincs/Newark Mini Meet 28th October...anyone? - 10/10/2007 18:02

This is not impossible for me. I'll just have to nip homr to get the Coop from Lincoln first.

What else? Pub lunch? Ruby? I'll bring my new solid-state camcorder. \:\)

Re: Lincs/Newark Mini Meet 28th October...anyone? - 10/10/2007 23:25

yes, i witnessd someone going through sheer hell at that blyth roundabout, getting lost in the cones and everything, and the traffic was queued back 5 miles! \:o

anyways...im not so familiar with the newark area as im 30 miles further south. pub lunch sounds good, and defo a mini drive of some sort, great idea with the camcorder "welformed" ! \:D
Anyone know a good pub, with poss a good car park there or nearby? if not i will look into it \:\)

Re: Lincs/Newark Mini Meet 28th October...anyone? - 10/10/2007 23:25

sorry to hear u cant come roly \:\( we will have fun anyway!! \:P

Re: Lincs/Newark Mini Meet 28th October...anyone? - 10/10/2007 23:49

Actually, there is supposed to be a great curry house that is litterally on the A46, but it's very much at the Lincoln end. Being the new cool A46 though, you can get to Lincoln from Newark in about 10 mins... if you really really wanted to... ;\) Being a curry house I suspect it's not open mid-day though!

I don't know Newark at all.

Re: Lincs/Newark Mini Meet 28th October...anyone? - 11/10/2007 01:48

oo i like curry \:\) erm, has it got a decent car park, isnt that the road with lots of traffic? \:\(
I only use newark for my A1 entry and exit, nothing else!
IF anyone spots this post and has any better ideas for the newark area please put down your thoughts. IF not then lincoln it will be \:\) as long as people coming from the A1 dont mind?
geez only got a few weeks to sort this \:P

Re: Lincs/Newark Mini Meet 28th October...anyone? - 11/10/2007 15:27

Yeah it does have a decent carpark actually. Can't remember the name of the place and I've never been in there, but it's unmissable. About 2 miles outside of Lincoln. Might do some research for opening times if that's decided on. But it's a curry house, it'll be open at dinner time!

So do you know anywhere to meet in Newark?

Might see if any Piston Headers are up for it too. Always cool to er, 'run some tests' against other stuff. ;\)

Re: Lincs/Newark Mini Meet 28th October...anyone? - 11/10/2007 17:01

Ah excellent, well we could have a dinner time meet, use the carpark before it opens, mabye go on a drive and all go back there later to have curry \:D

I hardly know Newark im afriad, but your idea sounds pretty good. Invite as many along as u want! \:\)

IF u dont mind finding out a few detals it would be appreciated

Dan

Re: Lincs/Newark Mini Meet 28th October...anyone? - 17/10/2007 23:08

Still up for this but havn't seen any updates for a while, i will be off line for a week now but if the meet is on can someone please let me know , i will check the day before the meet when i am back in the country and if its on will definatly attend, Cheers Owl.

Re: Lincs/Newark Mini Meet 28th October...anyone? - 18/10/2007 01:45

not many coupee's in this area it seems \:\( well im still up for this, even if its a smallish turn out.
im still up for this currys house idea and mini drive, obv gotta get my car sorted out now but shud be done in time \:\)

mob no. is 07830040498

Danny

Re: Lincs/Newark Mini Meet 28th October...anyone? - 18/10/2007 16:23

Who's definitely going? Where are we meeting up? What time? And for that matter, where are we going for a drive?

I can't find anything about that curry house on the A46, but I would've driven past it last about 6 months ago, so it will still be there. I'll be going past it on the way home the day before, so if it's not there I guess I'd better send you a text or something! there's plenty of other places a mile or so up the road though... even a McD's and some chavved up cars that usually go for a comparison up the A46 if you fancy decimating someone. ;\)

Re: Lincs/Newark Mini Meet 28th October...anyone? - 19/10/2007 02:48

coupeés definitely going.

1. DanDan (depending on if i can fix hydraulics in time)
2. Welformed?

please add your name to the list if u want to come for a mini meet. Will be around newark, details to follow soon.

Re: Lincs/Newark Mini Meet 28th October...anyone? - 22/10/2007 13:13

Bugger. Not sure if I can make this now. I have a mates birthday to go to (in MK) that I hand't realised/remembered I had agreed to go to, over a month ago! It's on Sat 27th and the chances of me being well and sober enough to drive up to Lincoln early next morning are slim...

No-one else is commiting? Would it be worth trying for another day - in another thread?

Re: Lincs/Newark Mini Meet 28th October...anyone? - 22/10/2007 22:33

i agree welformed. i did try and plan this waaay too soon, ill start a new thread for a meet sometime after xmas, would suit me better 2 as i have a few busy weekends coming up and xmas shopping to start soon!!
if anyone is still up for a quick meet ill be around on sunday and my mob number is in a previous post, but no worries if not \:\)

Keep an eye out for a post for a lincs meet in jan/feb time \:D

Re: Lincs/Newark Mini Meet 28th October...anyone? - 22/10/2007 22:42

I'll be home in Lincoln over xmas. Might be worth tring something round then?

Re: Lincs/Newark Mini Meet 28th October...anyone? - 22/10/2007 22:47

yeah sounds good, got some time off around then 2. what dates u home?

Re: Lincs/Newark Mini Meet 28th October...anyone? - 22/10/2007 23:18

Off topic, but count me in for a Christmas effort. Can't join you on this one as off on holiday. There must be a few more people around! Saying that, I've only ever seen two coops round this way - one that lives a couple of streets down, and a friends parents car.

Re: Lincs/Newark Mini Meet 28th October...anyone? - 23/10/2007 22:26

yeah, there are a few around, but hardly any of them are on the forum \:\( i believe they arent aware how amazing their cars are \:P

anyway i can do most weekends so ill be happy with the majority. where in lincs are you barks?

Re: Lincs/Newark Mini Meet 28th October...anyone? - 24/10/2007 02:57

i'm probably off to the nfl at wembley the 28th as soon as i finish work

Re: Lincs/Newark Mini Meet 28th October...anyone? - 24/10/2007 03:30

coupe poorly at the mo. will be fine for the next mini meet.

Re: Lincs/Newark Mini Meet 28th October...anyone? - 24/10/2007 20:44

Well I'll be in Lincoln around 22nd to 27th-ish of December I guess! Anmd don't pick NYE/NYD - I'll be out partying/recovering.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK