Fiat Coupe Club UK

Buying another coupe after 10 years without one!

Posted By: Anonymous

Buying another coupe after 10 years without one! - 13/07/2017 13:05

I a man so excited to be back on this forum 😀 I sold my last S reg Portofino blue coupe in 2006 when times were hard and mileage was high...I have never got over it and now as I am nearing the end of my current lease Shitreon, I was looking for a 'sensible' replacement. So have researched BMW and Mercedes estates, high mpg small cars etc but last night glanced on eBay at the coupes and found this one. Item number 263044676431. One lady owner, fish, cam belt and water pump done, immaculate for £4195!!! It's to good to be true identical to the one I had but only 51k. Am I missing something? No mention of the exhaust but I guess that's a couple hundred for a stainless steel one if it's had it...going to get it on Sat if it is as good as described. Anyone know it? S3 MDT near Bedford.
Posted By: Downhillryder

Re: Buying another coupe after 10 years without one! - 14/07/2017 07:24

I don't know the car nor the seller so I won^t comment either way, just want to make sure you realise he's a dealer and has quite a few coupes. Take a look at his other items. Good luck with the purchase.y
Posted By: came2dance

Re: Buying another coupe after 10 years without one! - 14/07/2017 10:36

I don't know the car but i know the feeling smile
My sprinty got written off ages ago. I then had a bit of a blast with an Alfa Brera which was a lovely car but i ended up trading it in for a 1600cc diesel Kia Soul. That was great fun. Skid control would come and get hold of you like a bit fluffy mitten if you pressed the throttle too hard. It was also good at cutting out power until you'd come off the gas and done it again gently. Many a brown undies moment after pulling out onto a roundabout! Then i saw Cowboys old coop up for sale and went for it. missed out on that but the seed was sown and now i'm back in a Wine Red one cool

[That Sprinty he's got looks gorgeous!]
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Buying another coupe after 10 years without one! - 14/07/2017 15:30

Very exciting indeed - do look at the notorious corrosion points though as well as seeing what the oil pressure's like when hot.

Fingers crossed for you smile
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK