» Announced
    Posting images

» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

» External data
    owners listed

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 194 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums69
Topics113,543
Posts1,340,440
Members1,785
Most Online731
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,521
stan 32,122
Theresa 23,296
PeteP 21,482
bockers 21,070
JimO 17,917
Nigel 17,366
Edinburgh 16,662
RSS Feeds
Club Events
Club Information
Track Events
Rolling Road/RWYB
Social Events
Non-UK Events
Coupé Related Chat
Coupé Spotting
Coupé News/Press
Buying/Selling Advice
Insuring a Coupé
Basic FAQ's
How to Guides
Forum Issues
Technical Problems
General Maintenance
Styling
Tuning
Handling
ICE and Alarm
Coupés for Sale
Coupés Wanted
Parts for Sale
Parts Wanted
Group Buys
Business Forum
Other Vehicles for Sale/Wanted
Other Items for Sale/Wanted
Haggling/Offers
Ebay links
Other Cars
Other Websites
General Chat
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
My Letter Published Today #1600842
18/05/2017 21:08
18/05/2017 21:08
Berkshire
AnnieMac Offline OP
Enjoying the ride
AnnieMac  Offline OP
Enjoying the ride

Berkshire

i had this letter published today in my local paper. I thought you might like to see it...

A General Election is looming and Theresa May is expecting to increase her majority. I would just like to point out a few things that will happen if the Tories win this election.

Homelessness will continue to increase. I don't know about you, but I am appalled at the numbers of homeless people in our towns and cities.

Our state schools will continue to be badly underfunded. The education system is in crisis, and it's entirely due to lack of money. Parents are being asked to set up a monthly direct debit to help schools to survive.

Our young people will continue to struggle to pay off enormous debts from having the audacity to be bright and hard-working and wanting to go to University.

Our beloved NHS which is being deliberately underfunded so that we think it can't ever work, will be replaced with a broken up, sold-off system where private companies profit. In America this has meant lining the pockets of unscrupulous corporations which have free rein to overcharge for vital medication and procedures.

The sick, the disabled, and the dying will continue to be subject to genocide by stealth. The so-called welfare "reforms" have resulted in these already unfortunate people having their lives reduced to a kind of hell on earth. People are committing suicide in droves, and our media is ignoring this scandal so you probably don't even know about it. 50,000 disabled people have lost their mobility cars. How are they supposed to get to work? The United Nations has investigated the Tories' treatment of the disabled and has concluded that their human rights are being violated.

Public services such as children's centres, libraries, old folk's homes, they will all be underfunded or closed altogether. Everything that can be, will be privatised. And we can see from our railway system how efficient privatisation makes things!

Big corporations (hello Vodafone) will continue to be allowed to get away with paying hardly any corporation tax. Ensuring they pay up would raise £BILLIONS more than robbing people on welfare of the pittance they get.

Zero hours contracts, which mean people don't know from one week to the next what their wages will be, will continue to be the employment method of choice for exploitative companies. They result in people having to claim benefits on top of their wages, so the tax payer is indirectly subsidising these employers and helping them to make huge profits at the expense of job security. Wages for everyone have been stagnating and not keeping up with the cost of living. Nurses are having to use food banks!

Child poverty will continue to rise, foodbank use will continue to go through the roof, pensions will remain a pittance. The benefits sanctions system is cruel and inhumane and results in people having literally NOTHING to live on for sometimes months at a time.

Sustainable, clean energy has lost all its subsidies while we pay through the roof for gas and electricity that harms the environment.

Police services and fire services will continue to face cuts. More people are dying now in fires than ever before.

But at least the Tories have a good record regarding the country's finances, right? Wrong! The national debt has gone up not down, in spite of austerity. So we are all suffering for nothing!

I could go on - do you want to bring back fox hunting? Theresa May does.

We are told that Labour want to take us back to the 1970s. Well, the Tories seem to want to go back to the 1870s!

If you believe our media is free and unbiased you probably think Jeremy Corbyn is the devil incarnate but please, before you decide he is not worthy to be Prime Minister, take a look at his speeches on YouTube, and find out what the man actually has to say. You may find that in reality he makes a lot of sense.

Thank you for reading my letter.

[Linked Image]
Re: My Letter Published Today [Re: AnnieMac] #1600844
18/05/2017 21:35
18/05/2017 21:35
england
C
came2dance Offline
I AM a Coop
came2dance  Offline
I AM a Coop
C

england
Well said Annie. I agree whole heartedly. smile

[Linked Image]www.chrisdoyle-photography.co.uk

Re: My Letter Published Today [Re: AnnieMac] #1600846
18/05/2017 21:43
18/05/2017 21:43
Kent, South East
Cooperman Offline
Former Club Membership Secretary
Cooperman  Offline
Former Club Membership Secretary
My job on the forum

Kent, South East
Well it seems Jeremy can be sure of at least one vote it seems Annie, I am not convinced myself but I can see his appeal on some of the manifesto points but one common issue with politicians is that words are cheap but actions are what count. It will be interesting to see how the vote goes but suspect he won't be moving house in 4 weeks time smile

[Linked Image]
Re: My Letter Published Today [Re: AnnieMac] #1600853
18/05/2017 23:31
18/05/2017 23:31
Northampton
srm6 Offline
Enjoying the ride
srm6  Offline
Enjoying the ride

Northampton
Finances are the area I can talk most knowledgeably about, and whilst I wouldn't suggest the Tories have done a good job, what Corbyn and his joker of a shadow chancellor are suggesting is frankly terrifying.

And I say that as somebody who has always voted Labour in the past.

Re: My Letter Published Today [Re: AnnieMac] #1600860
19/05/2017 07:59
19/05/2017 07:59
Berkshire
AnnieMac Offline OP
Enjoying the ride
AnnieMac  Offline OP
Enjoying the ride

Berkshire
The plans are fully costed and backed by the Institute of Fiscal Studies. McDonnell has the backing of lots of top economists.

The right-wing biased media has made everyone believe that change is impossible, that "this is just the way things are". I don't buy it. If they can do it in other countries (eg Finland) I don't see why public services and welfare can't be properly funded.

[Linked Image]
Re: My Letter Published Today [Re: AnnieMac] #1600872
19/05/2017 09:32
19/05/2017 09:32
Cambridge & Cotswolds
M
MeanRedSpider Offline
Je suis un Coupé
MeanRedSpider  Offline
Je suis un Coupé
M

Cambridge & Cotswolds
Honestly, if you want properly funded services then people need to accept that they will have to pay more in tax. That's ALL of us.The trouble is we are generally too selfish as a nation and we want someone else to pay. The common theme of all countries that have strong welfare states is high taxes. We don't need a change in government we need a change in national values and culture.

Re: My Letter Published Today [Re: srm6] #1600874
19/05/2017 10:16
19/05/2017 10:16
The Faringdon Folly
O
oxfordSteve Offline
Forum is my job
oxfordSteve  Offline
Forum is my job
O

The Faringdon Folly
Originally Posted By srm6
Finances are the area I can talk most knowledgeably about, and whilst I wouldn't suggest the Tories have done a good job, what Corbyn and his joker of a shadow chancellor are suggesting is frankly terrifying.

And I say that as somebody who has always voted Labour in the past.

Labour's plans are terrifying? Have you been paying attention to the Tories economic record since 2010?
Target after target to meet deficit targets have been missed, and have added the best part of £600Bn to the national debt, more than all Labour governments combined.
Pretty well all Budgets since 2010 have been leaked, announced, then u-turned. Not to mention taking a wrecking ball to sensible pension management. They are financially and economically useless.

Then yesterdays great big idea for old age care - buy an insurance policy to cover your costs, payable from the funds of your estate - with a charge on your property.

You want terrifying? Another 5 years of the Tories is exactly what it looks like.

Re: My Letter Published Today [Re: AnnieMac] #1600884
19/05/2017 11:36
19/05/2017 11:36
Pontefract, West Yorkshire
andyps Offline
Club member 1482
andyps  Offline
Club member 1482
My job on the forum

I've tried to avoid commenting on politics but one thing that really struck me in Labour's fully costed manifesto is the amount which will be raised by putting VAT on private school fees. First, it was based on 2011 data so could be quite inaccurate but the main point it seems to miss is that if a price is increased by 20% demand falls. With that fall in demand the full level of expected tax take will not occur, therefore leaving a hole in the fully costed element. The trouble then is this has a double whammy because those who can't afford the fees with VAT revert to the state education system (which they were already paying for anyway but not taking advantage) and add to the cost there. Correct me if I'm wrong but that doesn't look fully costed to me.

I could mention the effect of increasing tax on receipts in terms of top levels and corporation tax but will only say that without a global agreement from all countries and tax jurisdictions those figures don't add up either.

But just remember, whoever we vote for the government will get in.

Last edited by andyps; 19/05/2017 11:36.

Andy

[Linked Image]
Re: My Letter Published Today [Re: oxfordSteve] #1600891
19/05/2017 12:15
19/05/2017 12:15
Staffordshire
Nigel Offline
Forum veteran
Nigel  Offline
Forum veteran

Staffordshire
Originally Posted By oxfordSteve
Have you been paying attention to the Tories economic record since 2010?
Target after target to meet deficit targets have been missed, and have added the best part of £600Bn to the national debt... .... They are financially and economically useless.

Do you not recall how we got into the financial mire in the first place? Clue - first name = Gordon....

Tories have spent seven years trying to cope with the utter mess they inherited. Do you really think the deficit would have been smaller under a Labour government?

Labour's perma-solution to hard economic times appears to be spend more and tax the wealthy to pay for it.

They have definitely become the jealousy party, who don't like people having "more than their fair share".

Some bloke in a funny hat running around Sherwood Forest had the same idea...

[Linked Image]
Re: My Letter Published Today [Re: AnnieMac] #1600892
19/05/2017 12:26
19/05/2017 12:26
Northampton
srm6 Offline
Enjoying the ride
srm6  Offline
Enjoying the ride

Northampton
Blimey - lots of strongly held views ...!

Like andy I generally avoid commenting on politics, but couldn't help myself this time. Couple of thoughts though:

- Steve: I partly agree as I said - the Tories have done a terrible job. Not least of all, given they are not planning to balance the books until 2025 now, then we will almost certainly have had a recession by then (we are statistically overdue already) - have these guys not heard of fixing the roof whilst the sun shines? It might not have felt like it for many, but the economy has been growing for best part of 7 years now.

That doesn't mean that an alternative can't be scarier though.

Annie - I don't like the assertion that the media has made my mind up for me - it's got nothing to do with that. I'm sorry, but they aren't fully costed at all. They are based on a series of assumptions that don't stack up - they assume that you can do things in a vacuum without people changing in response. andy has given a few good examples. Another would be privatising plans - using what money? And do they genuinely believe this can be done without impacting on overseas investors willingness to lend to the UK, and companies choosing to invest in opening new businesses in other, more pro-business, economies instead of the UK??

It also bothers me that you regard them as radical plans - they are not radical at all - they are a rehash of a previous system.

Confining myself to finances, I'd say a genuinely radical approach would be to dramatically simplify the tax system - get rid of corporation tax (it's horribly inefficient to collect compared to VAT and PAYE), get rid of the spurious distinction between NI and income tax and have one combined tax on income (wrapping capital gains and dividend income into that whilst we're at it), and wipe away all of the gimmicks and special interest group appeasements. Married couples allowance for anyone born before 1935 anyone?

The minimum wage should be set at the same level as when income support kicks in - nobody should be in full time work, but not earning enough for the taxpayer to not need to "top up" - companies need to cover this.

With a properly structured and very simple tax and benefits system, we could then have a sensible debate as to how much tax we want to pay. Because the one certainty (as Richard has said) is we need to pay more than we are now if we are to have the levels of service that people say they want.

Re: My Letter Published Today [Re: Nigel] #1600894
19/05/2017 12:44
19/05/2017 12:44
The Faringdon Folly
O
oxfordSteve Offline
Forum is my job
oxfordSteve  Offline
Forum is my job
O

The Faringdon Folly
Originally Posted By Nigel
Target after target to meet deficit targets have been missed, and have added the best part of £600Bn to the national debt... .... They are financially and economically useless.

Do you not recall how we got into the financial mire in the first place? Clue - first name = Gordon....

Tories have spent seven years trying to cope with the utter mess they inherited. Do you really think the deficit would have been smaller under a Labour government?

Labour's perma-solution to hard economic times appears to be spend more and tax the wealthy to pay for it.

They have definitely become the jealousy party, who don't like people having "more than their fair share".

I am sure Gordon Brown would be flattered to think he could have caused a global financial crisis, but that's just plain rubbish!

I have no idea if the deficit would have been smaller under Labour, but in 2010, the Coalition were handed a growing economy, which was totally choked to death by the infliction of Austerity.

As for the rich being taxed more, who was it, in 2010 claimed that "The heaviest lifting would be done by those with the broadest shoulders"??

Re: My Letter Published Today [Re: srm6] #1600895
19/05/2017 13:05
19/05/2017 13:05
Staffordshire
Nigel Offline
Forum veteran
Nigel  Offline
Forum veteran

Staffordshire
get rid of corporation tax (it's horribly inefficient to collect compared to VAT and PAYE),

Eh?

If that was done, one of two things would have to happen:-

1) Reduce government spending by about £44Bn

2) Increase personal taxation by £44Bn

Can't see either of those going down well with the electorate...

Think of the country as a business, or even a family unit - it should only spend what it earns. Under Labour, the country did what many businesses and many families did - it spent more than it was earning and had to borrow. In these circumstances, a country, a business or a family has two choices. Earn more, or spend less.

Under Labour, the deficit (ie the annual "overspend") grew from under £10Bn to over £100Bn in two years - so which party is guilty of financial mismanagement?

The Tories have spent several years trying to regain control of the deficit without breaking the economy at the same time (a delicate balancing act if ever there was) and the annual "over-spend" is now down to about £15Bn. Because there is still an annual deficit, the UK debt continues to grow.

Eventually, just as with an overspending business or family, the country needs to earn more than it spends, in order to reduce the national debt. That point is now estimated at 2025.

Labour seem to be happy to increase spending, without much though of how to earn more. Its a natural conclusion that under Labour, the annual deficit will rise again, undoing seven years of austerity.

Surely, its blindingly obvious that the only way to get out of debt is to earn more or spend less. For a government, earning more can only come from taxing the current population more heavily (not a vote-winner) or by generating greater tax receipts by stimulating the economy so that businesses and people spend more.

The Tories are (gradually) delivering by spending less (painful but prudent) as well as trying to stimulate the economy (as evidenced by the UK being one of the strongest economies in the western world over the last seven years)

If you distil it down to the basics. If the man on the street gets himself into a financial pickle by spending too much, he should tighten his belt. The LAST thing he should do is borrow more to go on a spending spree.

Labour seem intent on spending their way out of debt - I just can't see how it can work.

[Linked Image]
Re: My Letter Published Today [Re: oxfordSteve] #1600896
19/05/2017 13:13
19/05/2017 13:13
Watford, Herts.
H
Hyperlink Offline
Forum is my life
Hyperlink  Offline
Forum is my life
H

Watford, Herts.

I am sure Gordon Brown would be flattered to think he could have caused a global financial crisis, but that's just plain rubbish!

I have no idea if the deficit would have been smaller under Labour, but in 2010, the Coalition were handed a growing economy, which was totally choked to death by the infliction of Austerity.

As for the rich being taxed more, who was it, in 2010 claimed that "The heaviest lifting would be done by those with the broadest shoulders"??

Surely by the same token the Tories are not responsible for the global issues either.

Re: My Letter Published Today [Re: srm6] #1600898
19/05/2017 13:32
19/05/2017 13:32
andyps Offline
Club member 1482
andyps  Offline
Club member 1482
My job on the forum

Confining myself to finances, I'd say a genuinely radical approach would be to dramatically simplify the tax system - get rid of corporation tax (it's horribly inefficient to collect compared to VAT and PAYE), get rid of the spurious distinction between NI and income tax and have one combined tax on income (wrapping capital gains and dividend income into that whilst we're at it), and wipe away all of the gimmicks and special interest group appeasements. Married couples allowance for anyone born before 1935 anyone?

The minimum wage should be set at the same level as when income support kicks in - nobody should be in full time work, but not earning enough for the taxpayer to not need to "top up" - companies need to cover this.

With a properly structured and very simple tax and benefits system, we could then have a sensible debate as to how much tax we want to pay. Because the one certainty (as Richard has said) is we need to pay more than we are now if we are to have the levels of service that people say they want.

A simpler tax system is needed, single rate for everyone over a certain level (tied to a minimum wage as you suggest, it could work) which still means the wealthy pay more, but ensuring no way to avoid it - simply you earn whatever, take £20k allowance off and pay 20% on all the rest (or whatever levels are appropriate). Corporations pay 5% (or whatever) on all income received in the UK, regardless of expenditure - no tax avoidance that way asit would only look at UK receipts.

Andy

[Linked Image]
Re: My Letter Published Today [Re: Hyperlink] #1600899
19/05/2017 13:41
19/05/2017 13:41
The Faringdon Folly
O
oxfordSteve Offline
Forum is my job
oxfordSteve  Offline
Forum is my job
O

The Faringdon Folly
Originally Posted By Hyperlink

Surely by the same token the Tories are not responsible for the global issues either.

Perhaps, but they have had 7 years to do something about it, and we are no further forward, other than trashed public services, and any only growth in the economy is driven by household debt.

The banks are as badly regulated a bunch of cowboys as they ever were, the economy is all but stagnant, wages are static or falling, gig jobs and zero hour contracts are rife.

As an aside, add the Brexit sh*tstorm into the mix and we get all the excuse the Tories need to sell off and dismantle the rest of the public services.

Re: My Letter Published Today [Re: AnnieMac] #1600901
19/05/2017 13:56
19/05/2017 13:56
Northampton
srm6 Offline
Enjoying the ride
srm6  Offline
Enjoying the ride

Northampton
Nigel - I wasn't suggesting that other taxes wouldn't need to rise to cover getting rid of Corporation tax. VAT would be the most obvious place to start.

Companies would need to charge less for their goods as they don't have to tax their profits so in principle (though admitting it's never that straight-forward) the selling price is unchanged.

From a tax perspective you collect the same amount, but with something that can't be evaded / debated / planned around and costs fractions of a pence per pound collected compared to several pence for corporation tax

Absolutely agree that you have to live within your means though. Borrowing more when you are already overspending is not that far removed from sticking a loan on red and hoping it works out

Last edited by srm6; 19/05/2017 13:57.
Re: My Letter Published Today [Re: Nigel] #1600907
19/05/2017 16:21
19/05/2017 16:21
Watford
MarioCirillo Offline
Ex El Presidente
MarioCirillo  Offline
Ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Watford

Labour seem intent on spending their way out of debt - I just can't see how it can work.

Agreed thumb

Proud Owner of Rosso Speed LE041
Re: My Letter Published Today [Re: MarioCirillo] #1600920
19/05/2017 18:18
19/05/2017 18:18
Southampton, Hants
Roadking Offline
Club member 1809
Roadking  Offline
Club member 1809
Forum is my life

Southampton, Hants
Originally Posted By MarioCirillo

Agreed thumb

We could always sell off our gold reserves. We just need to make sure the market price is high. Oh wait...

As for Corbyn and his constant bleating about Tories attacking pensioners, maybe someone should remind him who raided the pension funds and made companies put final salary pensions on the scrap heap to the detriment of millions of employees.

"RK's way seems the most sensible to me". ali_hire 16 Dec 2010
Re: My Letter Published Today [Re: AnnieMac] #1600921
19/05/2017 18:31
19/05/2017 18:31
The Faringdon Folly
O
oxfordSteve Offline
Forum is my job
oxfordSteve  Offline
Forum is my job
O

The Faringdon Folly
Final salary schemes were on the scrapheap long before 1997. Probably when Thatcher told companies that they could take holidays from making more payments as the FTSE was doing so well in 1990.

BROWN changed the tax treatment, but removing companies responsibility was definitely a Thatcher policy.

Re: My Letter Published Today [Re: oxfordSteve] #1600923
19/05/2017 18:47
19/05/2017 18:47
Southampton, Hants
Roadking Offline
Club member 1809
Roadking  Offline
Club member 1809
Forum is my life

Southampton, Hants
Well I was lucky enough to move into an FS scheme in 99, luckily although my employer closed it about 3 - 4 years later they are still honouring it. There were no issues with it until Brown's tax raid.

Alistair Darling warned that it would undermine confidence in pensions among the young, who it was becoming increasingly obvious the government needed to self fund pensions. Incidentally, who first introduced women working to 65, then the creeping pension age?. I guess Brown had some Labour spending to fund.

Re: My Letter Published Today [Re: Roadking] #1600927
19/05/2017 19:08
19/05/2017 19:08
The Shire
skeandubh Offline
Making a profit
skeandubh  Offline
Making a profit

The Shire
Interestingly my old company didn't close their final salary scheme until 2006. Company I joined after that would match your contributions up to 7%.

Might be a bit cynical, but all governments want you to be employed all your days, never be sick (burden on the NHS) then pop your clogs the day you retire.

[Linked Image]
Re: My Letter Published Today [Re: AnnieMac] #1600933
19/05/2017 20:00
19/05/2017 20:00
Portsmouth
A
ali_hire Offline
Forum is my life
ali_hire  Offline
Forum is my life
A

Portsmouth
There is more than enough money being generated in this country to fund everything properly.

I have no preference for any particular party other than being vehemently anti-Tory. I genuinely believe they want the NHS to fail and I cannot in good conscience support a group of people who will not just allow that to happen.

My problem is who to vote for on the other side. I like Labour's manifesto and despite the media's attempts to convince me and the rest of the electorate otherwise, Corbyn seems like the only politician I would trust to try and deliver what he promises (I'm not confident he can deliver it all, but I truly believe he'll do everything he can and be honest when he can't, which no Tory will ever do).

However, in my constituency (Portsmouth South) Labour have little chance of winning and I'm left with the choice of voting for a party who I know won't win here or to vote tactically for the Lib Dems.

Re: My Letter Published Today [Re: AnnieMac] #1600934
19/05/2017 20:18
19/05/2017 20:18
The Shire
skeandubh Offline
Making a profit
skeandubh  Offline
Making a profit

The Shire
Maybe SNP should make a move into England. Can't see them winning any seats south of Derby though.

[Linked Image]
Re: My Letter Published Today [Re: skeandubh] #1600935
19/05/2017 20:33
19/05/2017 20:33
Southampton, Hants
Roadking Offline
Club member 1809
Roadking  Offline
Club member 1809
Forum is my life

Southampton, Hants
I think they may lose some North of the border. Which is why Sturgeon flipped from complaining May wouldn't call an election, to whinging that she had.

Re: My Letter Published Today [Re: AnnieMac] #1600967
20/05/2017 11:54
20/05/2017 11:54
Dark side of the Moon
H_R Offline
My life on the forum
H_R  Offline
My life on the forum

Dark side of the Moon
Im Politically Homeless!!

Labour policies sound interesting but not sure about Labours political alignment at present or Corbyn's ability to get things done! he struggles to get his party to agree with Him and I just cannot stomach his ties with Sinn Fein or his views on Nuclear deterrent, also some of his MP's are a Joke and need sacking due to their incompetence!

Tories policies sound boring and very much on the Take again but she is probably the best to sort Brexit?? oops was i not supposed to use that word! Probably the strongest leader!?

Lib dems just want to throw everything into Chaos but have one or two good points Teachers, University fees...

UKIP a wasted vote

Greens i don't earn enough to vote for their policies!

SNP no ides on them or Leanne wood from Wales or was that Natalie?

I am So stuck about who to vote for, i will keep reading to see if anybody here can motivate me to make a choice!

Re: My Letter Published Today [Re: AnnieMac] #1600969
20/05/2017 12:16
20/05/2017 12:16
Kent
Submariner Offline
My job on the forum
Submariner  Offline
My job on the forum

Kent
I wouldn't deliberate too much...what you appear to outline is the general futility of it all.

Re: My Letter Published Today [Re: Submariner] #1600992
20/05/2017 17:24
20/05/2017 17:24
england
C
came2dance Offline
I AM a Coop
came2dance  Offline
I AM a Coop
C

england
Jeremy Corbin has a much bigger following than people imagine. If you just follow the mainstream news offered up by the beeb and ITV you can be forgiven for thinking he's Mr Nowhere man (as they rarely report anything in his favour) but that is far from the truth. He has a massive following especially amongst the younger voters (under 30). My daughter is at a Libertines gig tonight and there is a surprise guest on stage going down a bomb (not a nuclear one of course :D) Yes - it's Jeremy Corbin.

Re: My Letter Published Today [Re: AnnieMac] #1600997
20/05/2017 17:55
20/05/2017 17:55
S. Wales. Way beyond my means
Gripped Offline
Club member 1924
Gripped  Offline
Club member 1924
Forum is my job

S. Wales. Way beyond my means
Agreed. The Conservatives should ignore him at their peril. There is a large ground swell of anti-austerity and anti-Brexit feeling about. And while the Libs are offering a vote on the final Brexit deal, most will see the Libs as a wasted vote and vote Labour instead.

I think it will be closer than people think. But I expect the Conservatives will win.

Re: My Letter Published Today [Re: came2dance] #1601000
20/05/2017 18:04
20/05/2017 18:04
Cambridge & Cotswolds
M
MeanRedSpider Offline
Je suis un Coupé
MeanRedSpider  Offline
Je suis un Coupé
M

Cambridge & Cotswolds
Originally Posted By came2dance
a surprise guest on stage going down a bomb (not a nuclear one of course :D) Yes - it's Jeremy Corbin.

Is that a Jeremy Corbyn tribute act? tongue wink

Re: My Letter Published Today [Re: MeanRedSpider] #1601006
20/05/2017 18:56
20/05/2017 18:56
england
C
came2dance Offline
I AM a Coop
came2dance  Offline
I AM a Coop
C

england
Originally Posted By MeanRedSpider
Originally Posted By came2dance
a surprise guest on stage going down a bomb (not a nuclear one of course :D) Yes - it's Jeremy Corbin.

Is that a Jeremy Corbyn tribute act? tongue wink

Tah Dah. I wouldn't mind - I pondered over that for ages (well several seconds)

Page 1 of 2 1 2