» Announced
    Posting images

» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

» External data
    owners listed

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (F1GHT3R, ep1, 1 invisible), 325 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums69
Topics113,543
Posts1,340,442
Members1,785
Most Online731
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,522
stan 32,122
Theresa 23,296
PeteP 21,482
bockers 21,070
JimO 17,917
Nigel 17,366
Edinburgh 16,662
RSS Feeds
Club Events
Club Information
Track Events
Rolling Road/RWYB
Social Events
Non-UK Events
Coupé Related Chat
Coupé Spotting
Coupé News/Press
Buying/Selling Advice
Insuring a Coupé
Basic FAQ's
How to Guides
Forum Issues
Technical Problems
General Maintenance
Styling
Tuning
Handling
ICE and Alarm
Coupés for Sale
Coupés Wanted
Parts for Sale
Parts Wanted
Group Buys
Business Forum
Other Vehicles for Sale/Wanted
Other Items for Sale/Wanted
Haggling/Offers
Ebay links
Other Cars
Other Websites
General Chat
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Porsche 911 slower than Coupe what else can I buy [Re: ] #1247400
10/08/2011 11:13
10/08/2011 11:13

D
DanDan
Unregistered
DanDan
Unregistered
D

Some kind of Lotus mabye? Wait for the Evora to come down in price? smile

Re: Porsche 911 slower than Coupe what else can I buy [Re: ] #1247502
10/08/2011 14:54
10/08/2011 14:54

D
Duffman
Unregistered
Duffman
Unregistered
D

Originally Posted By: GS_Racing
Duffman,
good car.BUT....fuel economy!!!!subarus are NOT renowned for being frugal lol
Tell me about it lol. Ok at motoway or being gentle with the pedal but on real boost make sure that there is a petrol tanker following you. You can see 30 ish if your lucky crazy

Re: Porsche 911 slower than Coupe what else can I buy [Re: ] #1247530
10/08/2011 16:09
10/08/2011 16:09

S
shabba
Unregistered
shabba
Unregistered
S

Chav is NOT always about money.

Look at El Hadj Dioufs Merc SLR, nice car, ruined by its mirror finish custom paint/wrap job. Or putting huge wheels bling on it etc.

Focus RS = CHAVmaster5000, I don't care how good it is, it's image stinks. Depends if that bothers you, but I personally don't want to drive rond in some bright green hatchback with huge grills & spoilers, I want an enjyable driving experience yes but I always want to look at the car and appreciate it's looks.

This is such a blinkered thread re the coupe and it's amazingness.

Re: Porsche 911 slower than Coupe what else can I buy [Re: ] #1247535
10/08/2011 16:49
10/08/2011 16:49

D
Duffman
Unregistered
Duffman
Unregistered
D

Originally Posted By: shabba

Look at El Hadj Dioufs Merc SLR, nice car, ruined by its mirror finish custom paint/wrap job. Or putting huge wheels bling on it etc.

Focus RS = CHAVmaster5000, I don't care how good it is, it's image stinks. Depends if that bothers you, but I personally don't want to drive rond in some bright green hatchback with huge grills & spoilers, I want an enjyable driving experience yes but I always want to look at the car and appreciate it's looks.

I'm with you on the spoilers and grills. But only in the view that the car was not designed with that in mind. Like the spoiler on the scooby is fitted for purpose and the intake. Whereas on chav cars most never intended to have a spoiler or massive intake or huge exhaust and it serves little purpose other than looking strange.

Not defending the RS but it does have most features from the rally design apart from the mad colours. It's only when the base design is then altered evenmore makes it chav in my view. Not that I'd ever get one anyway.

Last edited by Duffman; 10/08/2011 16:50.
Re: Porsche 911 slower than Coupe what else can I buy [Re: ] #1247618
10/08/2011 20:58
10/08/2011 20:58

B
Big_Muzzie
Unregistered
Big_Muzzie
Unregistered
B

These conversations always get me. The coupe is a nice enough car for its age and price. Pacey, roomy, rarer than a 911 or a z4 or a focus RS. It does turn heads, people don't always know what they are.
To replace it with anything is easy, if you want to keep the spirit but improve on the driving experience then there are many options from Lotus, TVR and Porsche that are much faster. You can buy much faster saloons now, even a big Vaux VXR is quicker in everyway in the real world, more usable more reliable BUT all these things cost lots and lots at the dealers. These cars have to be plugged in to be serviced, to have the car retract calliper pistons to replace pads, to replace head light bulbs on a 1 series. The next generation of affordable used sports cars won't exist because no one will want to run or maintain them - 20 inch rims with £200 a corner tyres, headlight bulbs at £100, LED brake bulbs for £60 from Mercedes? Each to their own, if you love your coupe you will big it up, if you had one and believe your BMW or Porsche is better for you then it is. That's why you own one and not a coupe. Blinkered views are driven by enthusiasm and love for your pride and joy - be that an ageing Italian GT a Morris minor or a Ford RS.

Re: Porsche 911 slower than Coupe what else can I buy [Re: ] #1247713
11/08/2011 01:13
11/08/2011 01:13

T
Toquesnuff
Unregistered
Toquesnuff
Unregistered
T

Ok, let’s put it this way. I would never be seen dead in a car with a giant (Penis extension) spoiler. A coupe spoiler is tasteful; a Porsche Turbo spoiler is simply football. I may not have a lot of money but, I'm looking for a car with a little class.

I would love a Scooby/Evo if they weren't so tacky. I’m afraid I’m old school, I like cars like Maserati, Aston Martin, Bristol, Alvis, Frazer Nash, Noble, early TVR, Lamborghini Muira and not cars like Lamborghini Contach, Ferrari later than 1990, bling cars, the last TVR’s or anything else equally flashy. This is probably why we all like Coupes; they are fast understated cheap supercars.

Ok, I think I’m going to wait another 10 years and then look at changing motors.

Re: Porsche 911 slower than Coupe what else can I buy [Re: ] #1247727
11/08/2011 07:32
11/08/2011 07:32
Southampton, Hants
Roadking Offline
Club member 1809
Roadking  Offline
Club member 1809
Forum is my life

Southampton, Hants
Originally Posted By: Toquesnuff
A coupe spoiler is naff;

Typo corrected wink .

I'd have a manual Porker tomorrow. Unfortunately I can only afford to own and run a Coupe. Simple economics in my case.

Last edited by Roadking; 11/08/2011 07:45.

"RK's way seems the most sensible to me". ali_hire 16 Dec 2010
Re: Porsche 911 slower than Coupe what else can I buy [Re: ] #1247800
11/08/2011 11:01
11/08/2011 11:01

C
Civic_Legend
Unregistered
Civic_Legend
Unregistered
C

For the record, my bros 911, which is the slowest of the 3.6 litre 996's (a boggo carrera 4) is way quicker than a standard coupe, I'd say you'd need about 300 bhp AND to be perfectly on boost to compete. Its such a strong lump, it just feels like its 'big lunged', its hard to describe - it has pace to spare at all time, has excellent torque from about 2000 all the way through to 7000 rpm and is quite capable of doing a consistent 33 mpg at 80 mph, proven over 300 miles back from Le Mans.

Unlike smaller turbocharged 4 wheel drive cars that are hard to launch without ruining a half shaft, with the porker you can just feed out the clutch at 2000 rpm and you're off, no bogging down and no hesitation.

They'll go on for 200,000 miles , and you can pick up a good one with 80k on the clock for about 16k now - in fact I know of one for sale... I wouldn't bother with a 3.4 tiptronic, but do drive a manual 3.6, it'll totally change your mind if you give it a chance over some give and take roads. For the record, the carrera 4 was about 4-5 car lengths ahead after a 40-140 rollon with a mates e46 m3, both 2 up.

Re: Porsche 911 slower than Coupe what else can I buy [Re: ] #1247979
11/08/2011 19:20
11/08/2011 19:20

B
Biggenz
Unregistered
Biggenz
Unregistered
B

Focus RS = Great car, Z4 = hairdresser's car.

There, I corrected that for you. wink

Re: Porsche 911 slower than Coupe what else can I buy [Re: ] #1248024
11/08/2011 21:09
11/08/2011 21:09

G
GS_Racing
Unregistered
GS_Racing
Unregistered
G

Originally Posted By: Biggenz

i concur

Re: Porsche 911 slower than Coupe what else can I buy [Re: ] #1248060
11/08/2011 22:02
11/08/2011 22:02

S
scal_LE33
Unregistered
scal_LE33
Unregistered
S

Am not a chav and i own a green rs ooo

paul. smile

Re: Porsche 911 slower than Coupe what else can I buy [Re: ] #1248087
11/08/2011 23:09
11/08/2011 23:09
Sheffield
X19_pilot Offline
Enjoying the ride
X19_pilot  Offline
Enjoying the ride

Sheffield
Leave the kids at home, or get a boot rack... Lotus Elise with a supercharged Honda unit... Clicky This DOES make a 911 look slow, in fact it makes EVERYTHING look slow, worth clicking on part 2 aswell. laugh

Otherwise, as already mentioned, BMW M3 or Mazza. For the classic approach, not to everyone's taste but... Fezza Mondial? Not overly quick by today's standards, but just how often do you NEED the power? I know, I know.
Liking the Lancia Thema 8.32 suggestion too! smile
How do the Alfa GTA's stack up against a Coupe?
The "R" series Jags are good value and fit the bill, as would a good Cerbera.
Bentley Turbo R, quick in a civilized way! Stay off the turbo to keep the MPG within the requirements though... coat

Re: Porsche 911 slower than Coupe what else can I buy [Re: X19_pilot] #1248132
12/08/2011 07:11
12/08/2011 07:11
Both feet in Meldrew Ave
Cappo Offline
Forum is my life
Cappo  Offline
Forum is my life

Both feet in Meldrew Ave

Habeus Maximus V8 Nihilum

Re: Porsche 911 slower than Coupe what else can I buy [Re: ] #1248173
12/08/2011 10:28
12/08/2011 10:28

S
shabba
Unregistered
shabba
Unregistered
S

i concur

Well 0-60mph it's quicker than a coupe, the grip/handling/braking is in a different league and it has more power too (the 3.0 anyway). I've only ever seen one female driving one and I doubt she was a hairdresser, not many of them can afford almost £1k for a set of tyres etc.

Another ridiculopus comment in a ridiculous thread smile

Not saying the Z4 is the most manly car in the world but it's not as hairdressery (new word) as a MGF or other such convertible.

Focus RS = great to drive, CHAV to look at, depends if that bothers you I guess. There would be alot of other cars I'd buy ahead of it.

The thing that is happening here by people posting overly positive comments on the coupe is becuase they have not had exposure of actually driving other decent cars, and I mean properly driving, i.e fast as the driver and not passenger. Coupe is great for £1k, but it is a 15 year old car now, it is unbeatable for the money but very much beatable for more money, especially £25k! But of course in 3rd gear on the right road in the right conditions it's amazing which glosses over everything else. smile

Re: Porsche 911 slower than Coupe what else can I buy [Re: ] #1248182
12/08/2011 10:50
12/08/2011 10:50

D
DanDan
Unregistered
DanDan
Unregistered
D

Shabba is right...the comparisons are between 2 entirely different "generation" cars.

I love my Coupe, but if i could afford more, i'd buy a Mazza 3200 or 4200, mabye some other good looking sports car in the 10 to 20k region.

The thing is, i would also keep my Coupe...not because it is better, but because it offers something completely unique that nothing else would give me. I'd miss it basically!

Last edited by DanDan; 12/08/2011 10:51. Reason: Ok...generation might not be the best word
Re: Porsche 911 slower than Coupe what else can I buy [Re: ] #1248195
12/08/2011 11:06
12/08/2011 11:06
Both feet in Meldrew Ave
Cappo Offline
Forum is my life
Cappo  Offline
Forum is my life

Both feet in Meldrew Ave
Originally Posted By: DanDan
the comparisons are between 2 entirely different "generation" cars.

You're absolutely right Dan. I do think people miss this point quite a lot when making Coupe comparisons.

Sure, the Coupe offers a LOT of bang for very little buck. It's quick, it's stylish, it's cheap (while it's running!).

But, for example, go and drive a 10+ year old Focus, then drive a new one. Substitute any "regular" car you like; Astra GTE vs Astra VXR? I could go on for ever....there's a massive gulf in capabilities between a 15-year old design and anything coming out of a car factory today.

The Coupe has a market and a niche because it's so unusual. But there are, I'm sorry to say, shedloads of modern cars out there which, in terms of pure performance and also in terms of the driving experience, would absolutely run rings around it (assuming we're talking about a fairly standard example).

Coupe Blinkers were mentioned further up the thread, and sadly I think this is true. Go and test drive a modern mid-range car, of just about any description, then jump back in your Coupe, and you'll find that the difference is night & day.

I love my Coupe, and I'm in the lucky position of being able to keep it without it being my daily drive, and every time I get into it it puts a big grin on my face, but ultimately, despite mine being such a fantastic example, it is NOT better than modeern tackle, not if you consider it dispassionately, and if you're ready to move on, be prepared to be very surprised at what you can buy for relatively modest money these days.

Habeus Maximus V8 Nihilum

Re: Porsche 911 slower than Coupe what else can I buy [Re: ] #1248221
12/08/2011 12:08
12/08/2011 12:08

B
BoostMeCoupeUp
Unregistered
BoostMeCoupeUp
Unregistered
B

i concur

Well 0-60mph it's quicker than a coupe, the grip/handling/braking is in a different league and it has more power too (the 3.0 anyway). I've only ever seen one female driving one and I doubt she was a hairdresser, not many of them can afford almost £1k for a set of tyres etc.

Another ridiculopus comment in a ridiculous thread smile

Not saying the Z4 is the most manly car in the world but it's not as hairdressery (new word) as a MGF or other such convertible.

Focus RS = great to drive, CHAV to look at, depends if that bothers you I guess. There would be alot of other cars I'd buy ahead of it.

The thing that is happening here by people posting overly positive comments on the coupe is becuase they have not had exposure of actually driving other decent cars, and I mean properly driving, i.e fast as the driver and not passenger. Coupe is great for £1k, but it is a 15 year old car now, it is unbeatable for the money but very much beatable for more money, especially £25k! But of course in 3rd gear on the right road in the right conditions it's amazing which glosses over everything else. smile

This is silly you cannot pick up a half deacent coupe for 1k im sure if you bought a burnt out z4 it would be 1k also.

Obviously a 25k car will be newer and tighter than a 12 year old coupe, the point is bang for buck.

My view z4 3.0 isnt faster than a coupe even a std one apart from 0-60 as the rwd will help launch but it still would be close.
Yeah it may handle better but with all the change left from walking away from an over priced z4 you could easily sort the handling and in the rain good luck in your z4.
A hairdressers car for sure although my coupe actually got called a hairdressers car by a pissed up bloke outside a resturaunt the other day. Obviously not a clue about cars.

Coupes are old they do break but they are fun and have passion.
Not just yet another z4 on the road and unless its the top model (z4m) dont go on about hairdressers not being able to afford z4's as tyres cost 1k because you didn't buy the top model yourself if you were a real drivers man only the best a car can be would do, didn't know this forum had snobs in it either i have a bmw i have a bmw great so does half of leicester on finance they sell more 3 series than mondeos now.

My view on a focus RS yes its loud and it is for sure a bit chavvy but at doing the shopping then if you fancy a broad blast its great, and its quick in a straight line to not just round corners. You can be a rich chav look at Jordan money doesn't mean not a chav.

Re: Porsche 911 slower than Coupe what else can I buy [Re: ] #1248250
12/08/2011 12:43
12/08/2011 12:43

S
shabba
Unregistered
shabba
Unregistered
S

AGAIN another totally missed point....

A Z4 may be £8k+ for a nice example BUT it's asset value, i.e will not loose huge amounts in a year, obv a coupe will loose barely anything, but compared to buying a newer car it is still a good buy. FACT, my Z4 has cost me less to own than my coupe did.

My mate bought an E46 (£11k) M3 6 months ago, sold for the same price, cost him 1 litre of oil and that was it, so the 'with all the change' argument is sometimes null/void' if you buy wiseley. beats shelling money on repairs into an old car that you'll never see again.

Also I sold my coupe 2 years ago for £1300, was running ok, 100k or something, and is still going now as I saw it on the road the other week. But fine lets re-phrase it to '£1500' coupe then.

Also as for 'good luck in the rain', bring it on, the Z has grip the coupe can only dream of and would be quicker in ANY conditions (except snow!), also it has traction control which will give the less experinced driver another edge in wet conditions.

ALSO as for 'spending the change on suspension', good luck with that, the Z is far from the last word in handling but it was deisnged 10 years after the coupe, as a sports car, from a company that has always made good drivers cars, and costing almost twice then price..........so it's chassis/setup is far superior as you would expect. Yes 'eibachs' and whatever make a difference, I had them on my coupe, but trust me it is a world away from a modern car as stated above. At least the Z drives the correct wheels and has 50/50 weight distribution etc.

So in summary as said above too by some others, couype is good for £1k, but PLENTY of better cars when you start spending alot more money. Also as I say that extra money doesnt even have to be wasted money if you buy wiseley.

Re: Porsche 911 slower than Coupe what else can I buy [Re: ] #1248258
12/08/2011 13:13
12/08/2011 13:13

B
BoostMeCoupeUp
Unregistered
BoostMeCoupeUp
Unregistered
B

Nigels coupe won the fWd handling competition at ten if the best in 2009 so they can be made deacent thats for sure..
Obviously it wouldnt have got close to rwd or 4wd pace but to beat all fwd cars at a competition like that shows coupe has some handing ability.
I agree a std coupes handling is poor and rides like its on stilts oh but compaired to a std vxr astras handling its good they are a bag of crap though.

1500 not enough for a deacent coupe no way unless you get very lucky.

Clarkson did say the z4's ride is his words 'unacceptable'
I think thats down to the run flats though.

Re: Porsche 911 slower than Coupe what else can I buy [Re: ] #1248270
12/08/2011 13:55
12/08/2011 13:55
London
MrCooper Offline
I need some sleep
MrCooper  Offline
I need some sleep

London
On the newer design point.

I hired a Kia Rio 1 the other weekend. No remote central locking, not even central locking (I kid you not), wind-down windows, nasty plastic interior, weak engine, the works.

I expected the ride to be awful. But you know what, it wasn't. Now I'm sure my coupe would go round a corner faster, but when I came round a 90 degree motorway slip way bend doing 50mph, three up it was surprisingly composed. Although I did not rag the thing to the edge of what it would take it was surprisingly nice to drive handling wise. And that, unfortunately, comes from a comitted and long term coupe driver. I have no doubt that a relatively modern sports car would totally monster a standard coupe in the handling leagues and I doubt a pair of aftermarket springs would change much.

Ex Grigio Moon 20VT Plus
Ex 350Z
Now Aston Martin Vantage

Re: Porsche 911 slower than Coupe what else can I buy [Re: ] #1248275
12/08/2011 14:06
12/08/2011 14:06

S
shabba
Unregistered
shabba
Unregistered
S

Originally Posted By: BoostMeCoupeUp
Nigels coupe won the fWd handling competition at ten if the best in 2009 so they can be made deacent thats for sure..
Obviously it wouldnt have got close to rwd or 4wd pace but to beat all fwd cars at a competition like that shows coupe has some handing ability.
I agree a std coupes handling is poor and rides like its on stilts oh but compaired to a std vxr astras handling its good they are a bag of crap though.

1500 not enough for a deacent coupe no way unless you get very lucky.

Clarkson did say the z4's ride is his words 'unacceptable'
I think thats down to the run flats though.

A) Nigels coupe is FAR from standard.
B) 'FWD handling contest', is that just a timed thing? I.e something that has NOTHING to do with feedback/feel/fun?

Yes the ride in the Z is fairly bad, traimlines and pretty firm but yes alot of that is due to the run-flats, and to be honest I don't even notice the ride half the time, is no worse than some other sporty cars I've been in. Again also not saying the Z4 is the last word in handling excellence, but it is a modern car and built ground-up to be a sports car, if you really want to talk lap times then it was quicker round the TG track than the more powerfull boxster, however having driving a boxster I'd say the Porsche is definitley the better drivers car.

Can we just close this thread now! smile Mark as 'stupid post'. A 911 for everyone except the original poster, is a far better proposition than a Fiat Coupe.

Re: Porsche 911 slower than Coupe what else can I buy [Re: ] #1248291
12/08/2011 15:01
12/08/2011 15:01

K
Kenno
Unregistered
Kenno
Unregistered
K

how about a bmw 330d or 335d with a remap?

I'd concur... or even a 335i. The M3 lacks torque IMO.

My boss to me for a spin in his 997 (3.8). It's obviously lovely, but it does have that very linear normally aspirated delivery. It's also very quiet in the cabin and doesn't make as much fuss when getting a move on.

That's the deceptive part. It may not feel that fast but when you look at the speedo, you'd probably be surprised.

The question is, do you want a car that's faster on the road than your coupe, or do you want one that feels faster?

Re: Porsche 911 slower than Coupe what else can I buy [Re: ] #1248300
12/08/2011 15:38
12/08/2011 15:38
Northumberland
A
AndrewR Offline
I AM a Coop
AndrewR  Offline
I AM a Coop
A

Northumberland
A 911 for everyone except the original poster, is a far better proposition than a Fiat Coupe.

I wouldn't say that. I love the look of the coop, but have never liked the 911.

I'm sure the Porsche is better in any measurable way, but that still wouldn't make me buy one.

Dear monos, a secret truth.
Re: Porsche 911 slower than Coupe what else can I buy [Re: ] #1248307
12/08/2011 15:48
12/08/2011 15:48

S
shabba
Unregistered
shabba
Unregistered
S

Originally Posted By: Kenno
how about a bmw 330d or 335d with a remap?

I'd concur... or even a 335i. The M3 lacks torque IMO.

My boss to me for a spin in his 997 (3.8). It's obviously lovely, but it does have that very linear normally aspirated delivery. It's also very quiet in the cabin and doesn't make as much fuss when getting a move on.

That's the deceptive part. It may not feel that fast but when you look at the speedo, you'd probably be surprised.

The question is, do you want a car that's faster on the road than your coupe, or do you want one that feels faster?

AGAIN, DRIVE THEM. A high power TDI is fine......but it is not 'FUN' to drive, the power delivery is not fun as they don't rev nicely like a petrol, just not as fun to drive, more novelty value with the crazy torgue and nice for cruising along but not 10/10 hard driving.

The 911 will have a lovely throttle response, alot can be said for this and it's only something you notice when you are actually driving.

Re: Porsche 911 slower than Coupe what else can I buy [Re: AndrewR] #1248308
12/08/2011 15:49
12/08/2011 15:49

S
shabba
Unregistered
shabba
Unregistered
S

Originally Posted By: AndrewR
A 911 for everyone except the original poster, is a far better proposition than a Fiat Coupe.

I'm sure the Porsche is better in any measurable way, but that still wouldn't make me buy one.

But you'd rather have a decent 911 over a coupe all things being equal.

Re: Porsche 911 slower than Coupe what else can I buy [Re: ] #1248311
12/08/2011 15:56
12/08/2011 15:56

E
eldinho
Unregistered
eldinho
Unregistered
E

Got to agree, the Carrera's do nothing for me looks wise. The turbos and GT's do but they are over 25k.

But I would still have a 911 over a coupe.

Re: Porsche 911 slower than Coupe what else can I buy [Re: ] #1248319
12/08/2011 16:10
12/08/2011 16:10
Northumberland
A
AndrewR Offline
I AM a Coop
AndrewR  Offline
I AM a Coop
A

Northumberland
Originally Posted By: AndrewR

But you'd rather have a decent 911 over a coupe all things being equal.

Would I? What other things would have to be equal? If I liked 911s and coupes equally then, yes, given a straight choice I'd go with the 911, but I don't like them equally (i.e. I like the coupe, but not the 911).

Dear monos, a secret truth.
Re: Porsche 911 slower than Coupe what else can I buy [Re: ] #1248322
12/08/2011 16:17
12/08/2011 16:17

K
Kenno
Unregistered
Kenno
Unregistered
K

... or even a 335i.

That one isn't a diesel Shabba.

And to be honest, I've driven high torque diesels and they can be fun.

Clearly your definition of fun or hard driving is reaching the rev limit... which is a bit pointless in a diesel.

Re: Porsche 911 slower than Coupe what else can I buy [Re: ] #1248349
12/08/2011 17:22
12/08/2011 17:22

S
shabba
Unregistered
shabba
Unregistered
S

... or even a 335i.

That one isn't a diesel Shabba.

And to be honest, I've driven high torque diesels and they can be fun.

Clearly your definition of fun or hard driving is reaching the rev limit... which is a bit pointless in a diesel.

Ah yes, my bad smile That engine is stonking by all accounts.

I just meant diesels don't tend to have good throttle responses and the power delivery doesn't suit hard driving when you are on the limit etc.

Re: Porsche 911 slower than Coupe what else can I buy [Re: ] #1248403
12/08/2011 20:32
12/08/2011 20:32

K
Kenno
Unregistered
Kenno
Unregistered
K

But when are you ever on the limit on the road?

Baad shabba! wink

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4