» Announced
    Posting images

» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

» External data
    owners listed

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 199 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums69
Topics113,579
Posts1,340,911
Members1,797
Most Online731
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,545
stan 32,122
Theresa 23,299
PeteP 21,510
bockers 21,071
JimO 17,917
Nigel 17,367
Edinburgh 16,750
RSS Feeds
Club Events
Club Information
Track Events
Rolling Road/RWYB
Social Events
Non-UK Events
Coupé Related Chat
Coupé Spotting
Coupé News/Press
Buying/Selling Advice
Insuring a Coupé
Basic FAQ's
How to Guides
Forum Issues
Technical Problems
General Maintenance
Styling
Tuning
Handling
ICE and Alarm
Coupés for Sale
Coupés Wanted
Parts for Sale
Parts Wanted
Group Buys
Business Forum
Other Vehicles for Sale/Wanted
Other Items for Sale/Wanted
Haggling/Offers
Ebay links
Other Cars
Other Websites
General Chat
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14
Re: New make of coilovers [Re: Begbie] #1295293
07/12/2011 14:49
07/12/2011 14:49

B
Barbz
Unregistered
Barbz
Unregistered
B

Hi Alexis
You do realise that bravo style top mounts have been supplied with that kit? smile

Barbz

Last edited by Barbz; 07/12/2011 14:50.
Re: New make of coilovers [Re: Begbie] #1295297
07/12/2011 15:11
07/12/2011 15:11
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Sandhurst
What difference will that make?

Originally Posted by Jonny - After being taken out at Spa
Your car is Usain Bolt with wellies
Re: New make of coilovers [Re: Begbie] #1295314
07/12/2011 16:13
07/12/2011 16:13

S
SM_SXOC
Unregistered
SM_SXOC
Unregistered
S

The topmounts are specific for the Fiat Coupe, we dont have a Bravo kit.

Re: New make of coilovers [Re: Begbie] #1295348
07/12/2011 18:55
07/12/2011 18:55

J
jonone
Unregistered
jonone
Unregistered
J

i think barbz may have been suggesting that if they were bravo style they may give you less caster? (im sure barbz will confirm if this is what he means)
barbz has told me that the bravo mounts give less caster, but jimbo told me he measured them and they are the same as the std coupe ones.....who's right i dont know confused are you still talking to me jimbo tongue

i am sure they will just be std caster settings, i.e fine.

the gaz kit had optional caster topmounts and barbz drilled his turrets for more caster with the bc kit.

Re: New make of coilovers [Re: ] #1295356
07/12/2011 19:22
07/12/2011 19:22

B
Barbz
Unregistered
Barbz
Unregistered
B

Quote:
i think barbz may have been suggesting that if they were bravo style they may give you less caster? (im sure barbz will confirm if this is what he means)
barbz has told me that the bravo mounts give less caster, but jimbo told me he measured them and they are the same as the std coupe ones.....who's right

Correct! Just measure them anyway when in place against the OEM ones to be sure, no drama's. smile

Quote:
barbz drilled his turrets for more caster with the bc kit.

With Awesome results! laugh

Need as much grip as i can get these days, especially on the twisty's. wink

Re: New make of coilovers [Re: Begbie] #1295368
07/12/2011 20:19
07/12/2011 20:19

16veetee
Unregistered
16veetee
Unregistered

The measurements and angles of the topmounts on the BC kit are a direct copy of the original Fiat Coupe item.

For sure, if you want to modify them or your car then go ahead, there are certainly gains (in grip) to be had by an increase in castor angle.

Explanation here for those who don't understand how it works:

http://deltaparts1.blogspot.com/2010/05/intrax-suspension-systems-camber-and.html

Re: New make of coilovers [Re: ] #1295374
07/12/2011 20:43
07/12/2011 20:43

16veetee
Unregistered
16veetee
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Barbz

Wasn't aware of any price war mate!
Just offering a good price for a good tuning product, like i've always done over the years.

When someone offers the same product at less than list price than anyone else, competitors then lower their prices to gain back the lost trade, this is called a 'Price war', here is a more official and wholesome description courtesy of Wikipedia:

Quote:
Price war is a term used in economic sector to indicate a state of intense competitive rivalry accompanied by a multi-lateral series of price reduction. One competitor will lower its price, then others will lower their prices to match. If one of them reduces their price again, a new round of reductions starts. In the short term, price wars are good for consumers, who can take advantage of lower prices. Often they are not good for the companies involved. The lower prices reduce profit margins and can threaten their survival.
In the medium to long term, they can be good for the dominant firms in the industry. Typically, the smaller, more marginal, firms cannot compete and must close. The remaining firms absorb the market share of those that have closed. The real losers then, are the marginal firms and their investors. In the long term, the consumer may lose too. With fewer firms in the industry, prices tend to increase, sometimes higher than before the price war started.

Please answer me this question; Do you have an account with Apex/BC Racing?
We do and we follow their code of conduct.
Now we don't wish to fall out over this, not in the slightest. We are just the same as you - interested and enjoying working on/modifying Italian cars and trying to make a living whilst doing it, but we do also strive for some fairness and a level playing field between traders and customer alike.
This is the third suspension set up we have worked on with major manufacturers which has brought huge advantages to the community and other trade vendors alike so I believe we are 'doing our bit' and not jumping on the bandwagon of other peoples hard work and trying to undercut their prices by fair means or foul.
My cards are laid on the table, are yours Sir? We represent ourselves and do not have our minions, fans or hangers-on to do it for us. There are no secret PMs, Chinese whispers or backhanded dealing.

We are working with Apex/BC on a 'Group buy' which is both level, above board and within the codes of good practice.

Thankyou for reading, I hope you see where I am coming from, even if you do not agree with what is happening.

Re: New make of coilovers [Re: Begbie] #1295384
07/12/2011 20:59
07/12/2011 20:59

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P

Edited - it seems I was wrong!

Last edited by patch234; 08/12/2011 04:38.
Re: New make of coilovers [Re: ] #1295473
08/12/2011 01:49
08/12/2011 01:49

B
Barbz
Unregistered
Barbz
Unregistered
B

Quote:
When someone offers the same product at less than list price than anyone else, competitors then lower their prices to gain back the lost trade, this is called a 'Price war', here is a more official and wholesome description courtesy of Wikipedia:

Wow! Your intelligent.
There is no sign of you on the Group buy/parts for sale section selling your wares. I guess the price war has started as from today then?

Quote:
Please answer me this question; Do you have an account with Apex/BC Racing?

YES!
Welcome to, aecar.co.uk. Been trading for several years now and selling bc coilovers for a couple.

Quote:
We are just the same as you

Somehow i dont think so. crazy

Quote:
interested and enjoying working on/modifying Italian cars and trying to make a living whilst doing it,

Sounds familiar. laugh

Quote:
but we do also strive for some fairness and a level playing field between traders and customer alike.

Oh really! So now your educating me on business and work ethics?

Quote:
There are no secret PMs, Chinese whispers or backhanded dealing.

Now i'm insulted. shocked
You've been reading too much News of the World. Evidence please!

Quote:
Now we don't wish to fall out over this, not in the slightest.

What a contradiction when your accusing me of under hand tactics. Joker!

Quote:
We represent ourselves and do not have our minions, fans or hangers-on to do it for us

Nothing wrong with taking up minions, fans or hangers on who voluntary & happily offer to contribute to this great community. smile

Quote:
we are 'doing our bit' and not jumping on the bandwagon of other peoples hard work

Again, evidence please!

Quote:
This is the third suspension set up we have worked on with major manufacturers which has brought huge advantages to the community and other trade

Bravo! Give yourself a pat on the back and blow your own trumpet. rolleyes

Quote:
My cards are laid on the table, are yours Sir?

So it's all a game to you?

I advise you strongly to present sound evidence before making childish rants.

Re: New make of coilovers [Re: ] #1295474
08/12/2011 01:53
08/12/2011 01:53

B
Barbz
Unregistered
Barbz
Unregistered
B

Quote:
Here, here 16veetee. Well said that man

With a lot of help from Dr Wiki Phd. laugh

Re: New make of coilovers [Re: ] #1295478
08/12/2011 03:35
08/12/2011 03:35
SW London
Rudidudi Offline
My life on the forum
Rudidudi  Offline
My life on the forum

SW London
Originally Posted By: 16veetee
My cards are laid on the table, are yours Sir? We represent ourselves and do not have our minions, fans or hangers-on to do it for us. There are no secret PMs, Chinese whispers or backhanded dealing.

Joining recently and attempting to patronise with wikipedia links doesn't serve you well in terms of appearing professional.

You may refer to satisfied customers as 'minions, fans or hangers-on' - it is very telling of your mentality towards customers and potentially insulting towards people that have genuine respect for his work - well done on beginning to alienate a potential customer base.

You on the other hand do not appear to have 'understood the game'. You have to earn respect. As a representative of deltaparts, you've gone about it the wrong way with your unsubstantiated rant. Totally. Would I buy from you or Barbz? Barbz every time - oh and wait for it... I'd pay more to buy from him as I'd be guaranteed excellent customer service.

You will find that Barbz has many years of experience in the field and has earned genuine respect, legitimately based on his knowledge as well as his honesty, reliability and customer care. Perhaps you could learn a thing or two.

You would hope that Deltaparts would be considered for some sales and a group buy as a bit of a thanks as it was them (and Apex/BC that made this possible....

I work at Deltaparts ...

Prices of full range inc shipping here: http:// www.deltaparts.co.uk/index.asp?itemID=26

Explanation here for those who don't understand how it works:
http://deltaparts1.blogspot.com/2010/05/intrax-suspension-systems-camber-and.html

Who are you again? Oh sorry don't bother, not interested smile

ps does your company know how 'well' you are representing them on the 'world wide web'? crazy laugh

Re: New make of coilovers [Re: ] #1295503
08/12/2011 09:03
08/12/2011 09:03

B
Biggenz
Unregistered
Biggenz
Unregistered
B

We represent ourselves and do not have our minions, fans or hangers-on to do it for us.

How arrogant can you be?

You come on here insulting one of the most influential tuners in the Coupe community, writing up childish rants and making a fool of yourself.

Not a great way to introduce yourself to a forum who could have a great impact on your business. But then again, it's not your business is it? No one with a hint of common and business sense would write up posts to alienate any possible customers.

Before you feel the need to bring your point across again, which doesn't mean anything by the looks of it, think before you speak and have some respect for others who have devoted a big part of their life to have brought the Coupe to where it is today.

Re: New make of coilovers [Re: Begbie] #1295512
08/12/2011 09:31
08/12/2011 09:31

16veetee
Unregistered
16veetee
Unregistered

Not that either of the above comments are biased or anything....

Ok, I'm not interested in forum battles so I will try not to be drawn in any more. I have said my piece and will continue in a more civilised fashion without lowering the standards.

Re: New make of coilovers [Re: ] #1295526
08/12/2011 10:00
08/12/2011 10:00
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Sandhurst
You would hope that Deltaparts would be considered for some sales and a group buy as a bit of a thanks as it was them (and Apex/BC that made this possible....

*ahem* It would have been me developing / testing the kit 2 years ago, if my engine hadn't let go on the dyno and resulting in a new forged build, but I wouldn't have asked for sales / money being donated to me, as I was developing the kit for the coupe community so everyone would benefit.

Re: New make of coilovers [Re: Begbie] #1295553
08/12/2011 10:33
08/12/2011 10:33
Lightwater, Surrey
DaveG Offline
Club Treasurer Member 311
DaveG  Offline
Club Treasurer Member 311
Je suis un Coupé

Lightwater, Surrey
Well I have to say, this thread has turned into a most amusing contretemps. I was rather amazed by Patch's initial response, but it seems he has seen the light wink and I think you'll find that Rudi and Biggenz's views are held by the majority of members on here, and as a way of introducing oneself to members who might be looking for a suspension upgrade, deltaparts have made a bit of a mess so far.

So, back on topic, come on Alexis give us more pics as fitted, and a review please!

1996 Portofino 20vt & 2000 Pearl White Plus
1985½ & 2016 2017 Fiat 124 Spider + XF Sportbrake
Re: New make of coilovers [Re: Begbie] #1295556
08/12/2011 10:44
08/12/2011 10:44

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P

Yes, more to this than first thought, I did like this bit though

"We are just the same as you - interested and enjoying working on/modifying Italian cars and trying to make a living whilst doing it, but we do also strive for some fairness and a level playing field between traders and customer alike."

Still, as above, let's wait for Alexis to conclude his/this on going and interesting update for the car we all love.

Peace brothers!

Re: New make of coilovers [Re: DaveG] #1295559
08/12/2011 10:49
08/12/2011 10:49
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Sandhurst
Originally Posted By: DaveG
So, back on topic, come on Alexis give us more pics as fitted, and a review please!

Will do Dave. Saturday's weather is looking okay, I will have a hangover and Jonone will no doubt be getting a passenger ride, so I'm sure he will be able to comment too smile

Re: New make of coilovers [Re: ] #1295564
08/12/2011 11:16
08/12/2011 11:16

J
johnnybravoturbo
Unregistered
johnnybravoturbo
Unregistered
J

Originally Posted By: Biggenz
We represent ourselves and do not have our minions, fans or hangers-on to do it for us.

How arrogant can you be?

You come on here insulting one of the most influential tuners in the Coupe community, writing up childish rants and making a fool of yourself.

Not a great way to introduce yourself to a forum who could have a great impact on your business. But then again, it's not your business is it? No one with a hint of common and business sense would write up posts to alienate any possible customers.

Before you feel the need to bring your point across again, which doesn't mean anything by the looks of it, think before you speak and have some respect for others who have devoted a big part of their life to have brought the Coupe to where it is today.

Well said Pero. wink

Re: New make of coilovers [Re: Begbie] #1295568
08/12/2011 11:43
08/12/2011 11:43

J
jonone
Unregistered
jonone
Unregistered
J

Originally Posted By: Begbie
Originally Posted By: DaveG

Will do Dave. Saturday's weather is looking okay, I will have a hangover and Jonone will no doubt be getting a passenger ride, so I'm sure he will be able to comment too smile

i will comment and we can compare them to my gaz setup so possibly quite interesting all round!

Re: New make of coilovers [Re: ] #1295798
08/12/2011 23:16
08/12/2011 23:16

1NRO
Unregistered
1NRO
Unregistered

So this'll be Martin trying to get down with the kids, speaka da English !

If it is an employee my advise is to look for a new job, better that than have anything to do with the biggest robber out there. Robbing other people products as best he can, though not always with success, right Martin?! laugh
As an employee of such a gobshxte I would urge you towards some self education on the subjects you get force fed excrement, you'll be amazed how lacking Guru Mington is when you know a bit yourself.

By the way, the integrale BC shockers were the efforts of a genuine enthusiast over on the Delphi Evocorner Forum that which he was motivated to do for the good of the community, this was until Martin Crabcock spotted a way to line his own pockets, this is always his motivtion, GREED.

Believe one thing above all others, I have been on the thin edge of the wedge regarding Martin and his business dealings, his moral values are the absolute lowest.

I urge you all to buy from anywhere you can to avoid lining up at Deltaparts like the sheep he preys on, don't be a sheep, baaaaaa!

Re: New make of coilovers [Re: Begbie] #1295885
09/12/2011 11:22
09/12/2011 11:22
Gone
J
Jimbo Offline
Je suis un Coupé
Jimbo  Offline
Je suis un Coupé
J

Gone
Guys, keep this on the topic of the new coilovers.

Any more bitching and it will be closed!

Re: New make of coilovers [Re: Jimbo] #1296002
09/12/2011 19:31
09/12/2011 19:31

T
tricky
Unregistered
tricky
Unregistered
T

Sound like everyone is quite happy with Barbz's services and products anyway.

(Not a bitching btw :))

Re: New make of coilovers [Re: ] #1296051
09/12/2011 22:46
09/12/2011 22:46

P
proccy
Unregistered
proccy
Unregistered
P

Just to say - Barbz is the man, end of.... cool

Re: New make of coilovers [Re: ] #1296070
09/12/2011 23:54
09/12/2011 23:54
SW London
Rudidudi Offline
My life on the forum
Rudidudi  Offline
My life on the forum

SW London

laugh

Re: New make of coilovers [Re: Rudidudi] #1296236
10/12/2011 15:55
10/12/2011 15:55
Germany - Berlin
plasticomnium Offline
On a journey
plasticomnium  Offline
On a journey

Germany - Berlin
Question:

On the AE Car site the BR Series is described as "44mm diameter piston in a 53mm diameter damper body" whereas on the Deltaparts site it says "46 mm diameter piston in a 53mm diameter damper"
is there a real difference or just a spelling issue ??

thanks, Jochen

Bravo 20VT Plus, Gtech1, K&N57i, Blueflame 2.75+race cat, OMP strut hi+lo, BC coils, AP brake 328x28
Re: New make of coilovers [Re: Begbie] #1296248
10/12/2011 16:54
10/12/2011 16:54
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Sandhurst
Well the kit is fitted and the difference is just night and day in comparison with the FK's. Initally I've only set it at 5 clicks (out of 30) and it's a nice ride. I've only taken it around with block with jonone on some roads that I know I had issues with the FK's where the car would bottom out, but with the BC's it didn't.

Hopefully will get a bit more testing done this evening on the Hogs Back road (local's will know that the dual carriage way isn't great) and hopefully give some more feedback on it, but it's all looking good at the moment laugh

Re: New make of coilovers [Re: Begbie] #1296274
10/12/2011 18:25
10/12/2011 18:25
Gone
J
Jimbo Offline
Je suis un Coupé
Jimbo  Offline
Je suis un Coupé
J

Gone
Sounds promising smile Any pictures of the install or were you too keen to get out on the road?

Re: New make of coilovers [Re: Begbie] #1296278
10/12/2011 18:41
10/12/2011 18:41

P
porkypaul
Unregistered
porkypaul
Unregistered
P

Sounds good Begbie.

Re: New make of coilovers [Re: Begbie] #1296284
10/12/2011 19:15
10/12/2011 19:15
Göteborg, Sweden
Freddan72 Offline
Competition Level
Freddan72  Offline
Competition Level

Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted By: Begbie
Well the kit is fitted and the difference is just night and day in comparison with the FK's. Initally I've only set it at 5 clicks (out of 30) and it's a nice ride. I've only taken it around with block with jonone on some roads that I know I had issues with the FK's where the car would bottom out, but with the BC's it didn't.

Hopefully will get a bit more testing done this evening on the Hogs Back road (local's will know that the dual carriage way isn't great) and hopefully give some more feedback on it, but it's all looking good at the moment laugh
Have you turned the rear damper up side down?

Please show some pics of the coilovers smile

Coupé Fiat 20V Turbo Plus 1999, T19 Mitsubishi turbo
https://youtu.be/O9qrLj3Ap00 Now FCP Stage3!
Re: New make of coilovers [Re: Freddan72] #1296291
10/12/2011 19:32
10/12/2011 19:32
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline OP
Ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Sandhurst
Originally Posted By: Jimbo
Sounds promising smile Any pictures of the install or were you too keen to get out on the road?

Not taken any, but will take some tomorrow probably.
Originally Posted By: Freddan72
]Have you turned the rear damper up side down?

Please show some pics of the coilovers smile

Damper is upside down and can only be mounted that way due to the bolt size, so easy access for making the damper stiffer.

Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14