» Announced
    Posting images

» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

» External data
    owners listed

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (french_coupe), 196 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums69
Topics113,543
Posts1,340,442
Members1,785
Most Online731
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,522
stan 32,122
Theresa 23,296
PeteP 21,482
bockers 21,070
JimO 17,917
Nigel 17,366
Edinburgh 16,662
RSS Feeds
Club Events
Club Information
Track Events
Rolling Road/RWYB
Social Events
Non-UK Events
Coupé Related Chat
Coupé Spotting
Coupé News/Press
Buying/Selling Advice
Insuring a Coupé
Basic FAQ's
How to Guides
Forum Issues
Technical Problems
General Maintenance
Styling
Tuning
Handling
ICE and Alarm
Coupés for Sale
Coupés Wanted
Parts for Sale
Parts Wanted
Group Buys
Business Forum
Other Vehicles for Sale/Wanted
Other Items for Sale/Wanted
Haggling/Offers
Ebay links
Other Cars
Other Websites
General Chat
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Fiat Coupé 2.0 16v Plus '95 - the project #1312116
30/01/2012 23:51
30/01/2012 23:51

C
CJustino
Unregistered
CJustino
Unregistered
C

Well, here's the topic of my coupe that, after almost five years, remains an ongoing project to me.

I bought it with about 113k on the clock, relatively cheap, knowing (and seeing) that it had various things to repair. Obviously, several other revealed themselves later...

These photos are from when I first went to see it:

click to enlarge click to enlarge

A "nice" dent to repair, a handmade air-intake (!!) in the front bumper, some signs of mistreatment... but it got me. love
Basically standard, apart from the 15" Rota Wheels.

The first intervention was made by a friend who polished the worn-out headlights: Before and after...
click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge

Nice result, but the lights were misaligned and (together with other problems) the car didn't pass on the first official inspection - we called it IPO here rolleyes

Another problem was the exhaust. A small hole in the manifold produced high CO values, so it was welded...

click to enlarge

... but that was least of the problems. The final canister was a complete mess. To solve the problem, nothing like a new final section:

click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge

After this, still much more to do, but it passed on the IPO and I gave it a good bath for a first photo shoot. Soon to follow... wink

Last edited by CJustino; 31/01/2012 23:08.
Re: Fiat Coupé 2.0 16v Plus '95 - the project [Re: ] #1312957
01/02/2012 23:45
01/02/2012 23:45

C
CJustino
Unregistered
CJustino
Unregistered
C

Well, then, here are some more photos of a cleaner 16v, taken in a smokin '07 August afternoon...

The repairs were still there to be made, but the weather was so good that it seemed to me a perfect car! silly

click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge

Last edited by CJustino; 01/02/2012 23:46.
Re: Fiat Coupé 2.0 16v Plus '95 - the project [Re: ] #1314364
07/02/2012 00:08
07/02/2012 00:08

C
CJustino
Unregistered
CJustino
Unregistered
C

The first real repair was made in the bonnet. It had a visible dent that took a lot of work from a friend of mine (the same from the headlights! tongue ).

The B pillars and the exterior black part of the rearview mirrors were repainted, but I had prefered they had kept them matt... One taillight cup had an "infiltration" (like rust growing underneath the paint), so it was also repainted.

Here are the photos my friend took with his mobile phone:

The final result:

Regards!
CJ

Re: Fiat Coupé 2.0 16v Plus '95 - the project [Re: ] #1320021
27/02/2012 11:08
27/02/2012 11:08

C
CJustino
Unregistered
CJustino
Unregistered
C

After fixing the bonnet, I had more repairs to do, but I came across a good deal on eBay: a set of 1.8/2.0v NA alloy wheels. I got them from a UK seller in a very good condition.

I have to say that I enjoyed the Rotas (sold to a Fiat Punto). They're open, and let the wheel to "breath". But wanting original material, I took the opportunity. So, it was bye-bye to the Rotas 15"...

... and hello to the Coupe original 15"!

Before... click to enlarge ... and after: click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge

Swap 15" by 15"? Well... yes. I wanted to keep the fuel consumptions and an original, open look. Not the original original, '95 look, but still, Fiat Coupe original. cool

Not a final bad result on the outside, underlined by the chrome dashboard rings that made a huge, bright difference on the inside. Me like! love

Regards!
CJ

Re: Fiat Coupé 2.0 16v Plus '95 - the project [Re: ] #1325176
15/03/2012 00:33
15/03/2012 00:33

C
CJustino
Unregistered
CJustino
Unregistered
C

"The 16v NA (normally aspirated) is regarded as the rarest of the Fiat Coupe range."
------------ http://www.fiatcoupeclub.org/about_16v.php
Isn't that interesting? yipee This was mine in 2009:

click to enlarge click to enlarge

... and in October 2009 I participated in a Coupe gathering in the coastal city of Figueira da Foz . I had the chance to take some days off for a longer weekend with the family in the center of Portugal. This trip provided some interesting impressions of the car in a different scenery.

So, four-up (two adults, two children), trunk loaded with baggage for 3 days and a baby stroller; AC on when needed; 120kph (cruising speed) when possible. Result:
- fuel consumption: 8,5 l
- reserve light on after 650 km; gas tank fueled with 61 l after travelling 720 km.
- I found the car to be more confortable than in daily, city traffic. Not a perfect family car, of course, but it was up to the task. thumb

click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge

Regards,
CJ