» Announced
    Posting images

» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

» External data
    owners listed

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Jamjam12, achineth, barnacle), 208 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums69
Topics113,591
Posts1,340,994
Members1,799
Most Online731
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,550
stan 32,122
Theresa 23,299
PeteP 21,510
bockers 21,071
JimO 17,917
Nigel 17,367
Edinburgh 16,769
RSS Feeds
Club Events
Club Information
Track Events
Rolling Road/RWYB
Social Events
Non-UK Events
Coupé Related Chat
Coupé Spotting
Coupé News/Press
Buying/Selling Advice
Insuring a Coupé
Basic FAQ's
How to Guides
Forum Issues
Technical Problems
General Maintenance
Styling
Tuning
Handling
ICE and Alarm
Coupés for Sale
Coupés Wanted
Parts for Sale
Parts Wanted
Group Buys
Business Forum
Other Vehicles for Sale/Wanted
Other Items for Sale/Wanted
Haggling/Offers
Ebay links
Other Cars
Other Websites
General Chat
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Car Park Ticket #1368636
17/08/2012 22:16
17/08/2012 22:16

B
Biggenz
Unregistered
Biggenz
Unregistered
B

Wife got a fine through the post for overstaying in our Morrisons car park with pretty picture of her car and reg for a very reasonable £90.

She panicked and nearly paid them, but I was just in time to tell her to use the 'fine' as toilet paper and ignore them.

CP Plus is the company who think they can mug people off like that.

Got a second letter through the post saying they've now added some more money, which I've also thrown away, so I'm waiting for the debt collectors threats, so they can also be ignored.

Most people pay these so called fines through fear they might actually be taken to court, when that will never happen. These private parking companies are money making thieves and no one should ever pay their tickets!!

Re: Morrisons Car Park Ticket [Re: ] #1368640
17/08/2012 22:22
17/08/2012 22:22

H
h2ypr
Unregistered
h2ypr
Unregistered
H

What I find bizarre is why we can't take them to court for fraud? They have no right to the money, so it's effectively stealing?

Ross

Re: Morrisons Car Park Ticket [Re: ] #1368658
17/08/2012 22:56
17/08/2012 22:56

M
MickeyBravo20v
Unregistered
MickeyBravo20v
Unregistered
M

macdonalds you get 90 mins....and that doesnt mean per visit..per day! as a friend found out 1 night. picked his lad up from school,went mac d's for a while,went away..comes back with friends later on at night,then he gets a ticket through post for over staying 90 mins?! ridicolous!

but for morrisons,ive never noticed any car parking sign. There ha sbeen quite a few incidents in our local paper about getting fined for parking etc so for what its worth,i make sure im within the hours.

Re: Morrisons Car Park Ticket [Re: ] #1368666
17/08/2012 23:10
17/08/2012 23:10

J
jonnybgt1759
Unregistered
jonnybgt1759
Unregistered
J

Bin it they wont enforce it via court of law as initial outlay would be more than the ticket.

The ones that will are council tickets no getting away from them unless you have a valid reason ie a utility job being done in the area.

For example I was parked down the rear of ek shopping centre dealing with a data fault I come out and see the wee pleb putting a ticket on my van. I did advise him that i was working in the area and had no option, he then spoke to his slightly more inteligent superior who also went ahead with it.

I then wasted 25 mins finding the pleb his (sup) getting his work detail his managers details and email address. I then sent all the data to our huge legal team copying in the centre manager. We never heard anything back and since then had no problems.

The council are the ones that you need to pay most times not that you would park in a double yellow council zone smile

Re: Morrisons Car Park Ticket [Re: ] #1368673
17/08/2012 23:28
17/08/2012 23:28

B
Biggenz
Unregistered
Biggenz
Unregistered
B

Private parking companies' fines are not enforceable!!! They can only ask that you pay.

In the first place, they have to establish who drove the car at the time, not who is the registered owner. You have no obligation to supply them with this information, so already there is nothing they can do, full stop.

If by some miracle, they do manage to get you in front of a judge, they can only claim for damages. This means that if you overstayed one hour, and the parking charges are £2 per hour, they can only claim back £2. Not the ridiculous £90 they demand on the fine. Hardly worth their time.

The way they make their money is by the rest of the people just paying up without asking any questions.

Only the police and council can enforce parking fines, and anything that is not called a PCN or penalty charge notice, is not enforceable.

Re: Morrisons Car Park Ticket [Re: ] #1368689
17/08/2012 23:59
17/08/2012 23:59
SW London
Rudidudi Offline
My life on the forum
Rudidudi  Offline
My life on the forum

SW London
i had a set of these from a local car park

i think i received 7 letters in total, jokers

they all ramp up the threats, refer to debt collection agencies (so they say) then offer a discounted settlement

ive kept mine as they are funny, lots of examples on pepipo forum

Re: Morrisons Car Park Ticket [Re: ] #1368727
18/08/2012 00:58
18/08/2012 00:58
Aberdeenshire,Scotland
A
Azzura Offline
Enjoying the ride
Azzura  Offline
Enjoying the ride
A

Aberdeenshire,Scotland
It is not a "fine" or a "penalty", it is a request that you pay a debt allegedly owed due to a contract unilaterally imposed by them. As said above they cannot prove the contract was entered into because they cannot prove you were driving the car for a start, although a lot of people are tricked into believing this is the same as an actual parking ticket because they falsely wear the "clothes" of parking tickets, using the same yellow plastic envelopes, and the same type of format and language.

That in itself creates a fairly good argument that they are guilty of fraud,( perhaps even conspiracy to commit fraud which is a FAR mor serious offence! ) as they are making a false pretence with a view to obtaining financial gain.

Yesterday Sprint Blue 20VT,today Denim Blue TT225
Re: Morrisons Car Park Ticket [Re: ] #1368742
18/08/2012 01:27
18/08/2012 01:27
Oxfordshire
enfant_teribl Offline
My job on the forum
enfant_teribl  Offline
My job on the forum

Oxfordshire
My GF had one of these at Sainsbury's in Didcot (even though she was, we think, getting a ticket when they gave her the ticket!) and another at Didcot rail station. The latter one was followed by a raft of letters, ultimately from a 'lawyer'. I went on pepipoo site, and the 'lawyer' was a well known character, with some allegations of fraud.

It got intimidating, as there were so many letters, with the last batch looking quite worrying, but we held fast, and eventually they stopped. But it got stressful, and the whole charade should be stopped.

Re: Morrisons Car Park Ticket [Re: ] #1368745
18/08/2012 01:42
18/08/2012 01:42

R
rhodri
Unregistered
rhodri
Unregistered
R

Good topic. I have never paid a parking ticket as have always said "my car broke down there" and after a little stamped letter from a friend at a local garage, they give up and apologise.

This time, luck may not be on my side... me and the mrs parked down the odeon cinema 2 months ago. Got there a bit late and decided to copy all the other drivers and park at the end of the row of cars but outside of a bay area. Didn't create a block or nuisance but still not in a bay.

Returned to the car to find a £100 fine reduced to bla bla bla.. Ignored it until they finally sent a letter to us, meaning they had gone to the effort of the dvla. we emailed them immediately asking for photo evidence. A month passed and still nothing, not even a reply. Then we had an email with 2 photo attachments of my girlfriends poor excuse for a car! Bugger.

We haven't replied to this email and are now waiting to see what they do next. Can't remember the name of the company will dig it out but is it best to pay in this situation or leave it?

Re: Morrisons Car Park Ticket [Re: ] #1368747
18/08/2012 01:55
18/08/2012 01:55

J
jonnybgt1759
Unregistered
jonnybgt1759
Unregistered
J

Originally Posted By: rhodri
Good topic. I have never paid a parking ticket as have always said "my car broke down there" and after a little stamped letter from a friend at a local garage, they give up and apologise.

This time, luck may not be on my side... me and the mrs parked down the odeon cinema 2 months ago. Got there a bit late and decided to copy all the other drivers and park outside of a bay area. Didn't create a block or nuisance but still out of a bay area.

Returned to the car to find a £100 fine reduced to bla bla bla.. Ignored it until they finally sent a letter to us, meaning they had gone to the effort of the dvla. we emailed them immediately asking for photo evidence. A month passed and still nothing, not even a reply. Then we had an email with 2 photo attachments of my girlfriends poor excuse for a car! Bugger.

We haven't replied to this email and are now waiting to see what they do next. Can't remember the name of the company will dig it out but is it best to pay in this situation or leave it?

As stated unless its the council its not a fine its a permit to park which they wouldnt waste taking to court bin it even respond with a letter if you want to refer to them your car broke down you had no choice.

Its a Rip off getting money from the vunerable thats fine and our concept of law allows this, as one point you become the vunerable via age health etc.

Tip always act savy with any tax,payments etc as sometimes it works and their system mucks up. The only sense of glory the man that pays tax and lives as should 99% of the time gets a wee bonus.

Our system is tottaly to screw you ie if your registered blind you get 50% off your coulour TV licence lol

Re: Morrisons Car Park Ticket [Re: ] #1368748
18/08/2012 02:04
18/08/2012 02:04

R
rhodri
Unregistered
rhodri
Unregistered
R

Thanks. I wouldnt mess around with tax related fines but this just seems a joke. They havent followed it up since the two pictures 3 weeks ago so if they do send another letter I will claim the breakdown. You are right... the system is messed up!

Re: Morrisons Car Park Ticket [Re: ] #1368749
18/08/2012 02:06
18/08/2012 02:06

B
Biggenz
Unregistered
Biggenz
Unregistered
B

Can't remember the name of the company will dig it out but is it best to pay in this situation or leave it?

If it's a private parking company, do not pay them!!! Don't respond to them again either. The less they know what you're up to the better.

Post their name up if you find it. It shouldn't be hard to find them on the net.

Re: Morrisons Car Park Ticket [Re: ] #1368750
18/08/2012 02:07
18/08/2012 02:07
Oxfordshire
enfant_teribl Offline
My job on the forum
enfant_teribl  Offline
My job on the forum

Oxfordshire

This time, luck may not be on my side... me and the mrs parked down the odeon cinema 2 months ago. Got there a bit late and decided to copy all the other drivers and park at the end of the row of cars but outside of a bay area. Didn't create a block or nuisance but still not in a bay.

Sounds much like our story (post above yours). They clearly found our address too. But apparently those tickets are unenforceable. Check out pepipoo.com - there is a whole series of threads on this.

Re: Morrisons Car Park Ticket [Re: ] #1368755
18/08/2012 02:45
18/08/2012 02:45

R
rhodri
Unregistered
rhodri
Unregistered
R

Just found the email. Their details are:

UKCPS Appeals Department

UKCPS LTD Registered Company Number 5090613

Registered in England, address: UKCPS LIMITED

1200 CENTURY WAY THORPE PARK BUSINESS PARK

COLTON LEEDS WEST YORKSHIRE LS15 8ZA

Re: Morrisons Car Park Ticket [Re: ] #1368757
18/08/2012 03:04
18/08/2012 03:04
Aberdeenshire,Scotland
A
Azzura Offline
Enjoying the ride
Azzura  Offline
Enjoying the ride
A

Aberdeenshire,Scotland
If you write back to them and in any way identify the driver of the vehicle, they will use that to try to claim the "contract" was not unilateral and that the driver of the vehicle is liable for the cost of the "penalty".

Actual parking tickets from the police or council are made legal under legislation which states that the registered keeper of the vehicle is liable unless he can show he was not using the vehicle at the time. Private tickets from the likes of Morrisons etc have no criminal legal basis although they make every pretence that they do by way of their appearance. They are a claim for damages under a pretended contract which does not in fact exist, as although the DVLA sell them your details as refistered keeper, there is no legislation in place creating liability. So do not ever identify the driver of the vehicle to them. Their "appeals department" exists for you to provide them with with the information they need to even try to properly claim against you in a small claims court!

Re: Morrisons Car Park Ticket [Re: ] #1368758
18/08/2012 03:16
18/08/2012 03:16

R
rhodri
Unregistered
rhodri
Unregistered
R

ah cr@p! i should have posted on here ages ago. just read more of my girlfriend's emails and she has told them that she was parked in the carpark they are referring to but was in no way parked illegally. is it best for me to go back to them and say she got her dates mixed up and it was in fact me that was driving that day and had to park there due to a breakdown. or should i leave it until they get in contact?

Re: Morrisons Car Park Ticket [Re: ] #1368808
18/08/2012 12:06
18/08/2012 12:06
Oxfordshire
enfant_teribl Offline
My job on the forum
enfant_teribl  Offline
My job on the forum

Oxfordshire
Hmmm - that's a tough one. Rule number 1, it seems, is to never communicate at all (bit like those pesky phishing emails or texts!). See if anyone has posted a similar predicament on that pepipoo site.

Re: Morrisons Car Park Ticket [Re: ] #1368823
18/08/2012 13:10
18/08/2012 13:10
SW London
Rudidudi Offline
My life on the forum
Rudidudi  Offline
My life on the forum

SW London

Re: Morrisons Car Park Ticket [Re: ] #1368851
18/08/2012 14:45
18/08/2012 14:45

R
rhodri
Unregistered
rhodri
Unregistered
R

interesting. seems down to evidence of who was driving the car. i know that my girlfriend has said she had parked there but whether it was put into context of "we parked there" i'm not sure.

just got to decide to either wait for the next bit of action (if any) or do i email them now and say it was actually me drving and that i broke down and had to use that spot to avoid being in the way of others..

Re: Morrisons Car Park Ticket [Re: ] #1369055
18/08/2012 23:43
18/08/2012 23:43

E
Enforcer
Unregistered
Enforcer
Unregistered
E

I don't want to worry anyone unnecessarily, but I was under the impression from somewhere that Morrisons' car parking was in the hands of the local authority (in Rhyl, at least).

Re: Morrisons Car Park Ticket [Re: ] #1369058
18/08/2012 23:55
18/08/2012 23:55
SW London
Rudidudi Offline
My life on the forum
Rudidudi  Offline
My life on the forum

SW London
register on pepipo and ask for help. dont disclose too much specific detail as there are UKCPS lurkers. also be sure that if you reply to pms, that you 'know' who they are - some will help but apparently there are also company trolls trying to trap you...

Re: Morrisons Car Park Ticket [Re: ] #1369087
19/08/2012 00:49
19/08/2012 00:49
Aberdeenshire,Scotland
A
Azzura Offline
Enjoying the ride
Azzura  Offline
Enjoying the ride
A

Aberdeenshire,Scotland
Originally Posted By: Enforcer
I don't want to worry anyone unnecessarily, but I was under the impression from somewhere that Morrisons' car parking was in the hands of the local authority (in Rhyl, at least).

Google tells all! An unusual example in place in Rhyl ...
Right at the bottom of the page

Re: Morrisons Car Park Ticket [Re: ] #1369190
19/08/2012 15:22
19/08/2012 15:22

G
gargoil
Unregistered
gargoil
Unregistered
G

Send them a letter saying you are charging them £200 for the honor of having your car parked on their land for a period of time. They enter into a contract with you by allowing you to enter into their land unimpeded. The balance should therefore be £110 that they owe you subtracting the £90 you owe them.

Be reasonable and give them 28 days to respond!

tongue