» Announced
    Posting images

» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

» External data
    owners listed

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Edinburgh, MCMike), 137 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums69
Topics113,587
Posts1,340,977
Members1,799
Most Online731
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,550
stan 32,122
Theresa 23,299
PeteP 21,510
bockers 21,071
JimO 17,917
Nigel 17,367
Edinburgh 16,765
RSS Feeds
Club Events
Club Information
Track Events
Rolling Road/RWYB
Social Events
Non-UK Events
Coupé Related Chat
Coupé Spotting
Coupé News/Press
Buying/Selling Advice
Insuring a Coupé
Basic FAQ's
How to Guides
Forum Issues
Technical Problems
General Maintenance
Styling
Tuning
Handling
ICE and Alarm
Coupés for Sale
Coupés Wanted
Parts for Sale
Parts Wanted
Group Buys
Business Forum
Other Vehicles for Sale/Wanted
Other Items for Sale/Wanted
Haggling/Offers
Ebay links
Other Cars
Other Websites
General Chat
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
What's my 20VT worth? #1586969
18/10/2016 12:33
18/10/2016 12:33
North Wales
Solouko Offline OP
Enjoying the ride
Solouko  Offline OP
Enjoying the ride

North Wales
click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge

So, earlier this year, I had to quit my job because of health reasons and went to work with my best friend of 27years at his company.

Sadly, this have not gone well, over the summer sales have died despite our efforts due to little things like the olympics, BREXIT, the looming posibility of thermonuclear war and i think there might have been some sort of football thing going on too.

anyway, the short story is that come christmas i will no longer be able to pay my morgage and before then I need to sell all my posessions, this in cludes my beloved coop and I want to know what she's worth.

She was bought as a restoration project, with a blown turbo and not much else, the engine repeatedly ate turbo chargers (5 in total) so i not only put in the old engine from my old coop, but also had the engine fully rebuilt.

The engine has now got an uprated turbo charger, forged pistons, new big end shells, new water pump, new timing belt, new AXU belt, FORGE aluminium recirculating dump/blow-off valve and a whole hoast of other little minor things.

The slam pannel, strut brace, rocker rover have all been sandblasted and powder coated

She's fitted with a full set of my stripped and restored breake callipers, although the rear ones are two pack painted and not powder-coated. she's got vented, slotted and dimpled EBC disks all round, and currently has EBC redstuff pads (to match the colour of the calipers), she's also got customised braded brake hoses too which don't rub!

She's got a full original zender body kit, with front bumper, side skirts, rear skirt and spoiler, she's got a replica fiberglass zender front grill too.

She's been fully soundproofed inside, she got gutted when i installed the audio system and she's got two 2 channel amps, one for the front speakers and one for the rear speakers, the front speakers are component speakers with seperate tweeters and splitters, the rear speakers are coaxial, also with splitters and are all focal, speakers and amps. The head unit is a pioneer USB head unit which can play FLAC audio files and there's an additonal power cable routed into the cabbin for anyone who wants to fit an subwoofer.

She's in really good mechanical condition, 98k+ on the clock and passed her last 2 MOTs, she also doesn't leak oil or burn any oil since the engine rebuild. I was going to install the old air conditioning system from my old coop into her but i fell ill before i could, I still ahve it and the engine has the electrics and aircon pump already installed (just not connected). She's got a leather interior in pretty good condition, the padding on the drivers seat is going on one side though so you can feel the springs when you're getting in and out. Everyting works apart from the sunroof, the sunroof is goosed, it wont open or close and because it started leaking it got silicone sealed shut.

She's also got a blue flame stainless steel catback exhaust system and an apexi cone air filter.

I bought her for £800 from someone on the forum and have spent about £7-8k on her and I would have liked to get the sunroof fixed and her resprayed but those are just dreams now.

Let me know what you think, is she worth selling as is, or would I get more for her in parts? I am truly desperate for money now.

Re: What's my 20VT worth? [Re: Solouko] #1586994
18/10/2016 21:03
18/10/2016 21:03
UK
Downhillryder Offline
Making a profit
Downhillryder  Offline
Making a profit

UK
It's an illiquid market. They don't seem to sell very quickly, especially at the upper end. You see good examples, even on this forum, being sold at the £2.5 - 3k mark which I think should go for more.

Taking into account your need for a quick sale I'd put it in a one week auction on ebay with a reserve of £4-4.5k then if it doesn't sell you could try approaching the highest bidder after the auction, or put it on with a "make offer" , then you don't have to sell at a silly price.

Hopefully someone will be along who has a better knowledge of the market.

Lets hope your circumstances improve soon.