» Announced
    Posting images

» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

» External data
    owners listed

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (french_coupe, 1 invisible), 218 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums69
Topics113,593
Posts1,341,041
Members1,801
Most Online731
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,553
stan 32,122
Theresa 23,300
PeteP 21,510
bockers 21,071
JimO 17,917
Nigel 17,367
Edinburgh 16,780
RSS Feeds
Club Events
Club Information
Track Events
Rolling Road/RWYB
Social Events
Non-UK Events
Coupé Related Chat
Coupé Spotting
Coupé News/Press
Buying/Selling Advice
Insuring a Coupé
Basic FAQ's
How to Guides
Forum Issues
Technical Problems
General Maintenance
Styling
Tuning
Handling
ICE and Alarm
Coupés for Sale
Coupés Wanted
Parts for Sale
Parts Wanted
Group Buys
Business Forum
Other Vehicles for Sale/Wanted
Other Items for Sale/Wanted
Haggling/Offers
Ebay links
Other Cars
Other Websites
General Chat
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Strut Brace for 20V NA #7715
17/12/2005 22:56
17/12/2005 22:56

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any recomendations for one of these?

Thanks

Re: Strut Brace for 20V NA #7716
17/12/2005 23:12
17/12/2005 23:12
N.E Scotland
mattB Offline
Club member 6
mattB  Offline
Club member 6
I AM a Coop

N.E Scotland
Quote:

strut brace (OMP)

Rating 9/10

Good - Total change to handling from good to what corner. Looks good I have a lello coupe and the brace is red, works well.

Bad – Fitting is a pain but after a little manoeuvring of some relays and fuses it goes striate in.

Cost – about £55 from Alternative Autos on 01484 865086

Fitting – Before you start you will need some replacement bolts and washers as the standard bolt have built in washer which can not be removed, the standard washers diameter is to large to fit in the two forward mounts of the strut brace.

If you lay the brace in approximate position with the adjuster right of centre, you will notice on the right hand side there is a fuse box with some relays; these will be in the way. The mounting bracket can be removed and adjusted so the fuses and relays sit lower and out of the way of the strut brace, also there is a water pipe with an inline filter (I think this is for the window washers) remove these from the mount and when strut brace is fitted cable tie them to brace taking care not to snag or pinch pipes, there is another one on the left hand side beside the suspension mount bellow the rubber bonnet seal.

Undo and remove on each suspension mount the inner two bolts, place the strut brace in position, manoeuvre the left hand side in first as it has to go under the wiring loom and will take some positioning, take care not to trap any wiring under the brace as it may become damaged when bolting the brace down.

I found it easier to locate the two front bolts first on either side of the strut brace and wind them in a bit, you will need to use replacement bolts and washer for this as the originals will not fit.
It may help to wind the adjuster on the brace in or out whilst fitting to make the mounts line up better with the bolt holes.
Once all four bolts are located in position, tighten up in turn a bit at a time so the brace fits in evenly, keep an eye out for any trapped wires as you tighten it down, the last thing you need is a damaged wiring loom.

Once you fitted the brace adjust the length so it’s not pushing or pulling the chassis, tighten lock bolts on adjuster, close the bonnet and enjoy.

Any use to you?

Death-rattle-tastic
Re: Strut Brace for 20V NA #7717
17/12/2005 23:29
17/12/2005 23:29

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great, spot on Matt, will get one ordered. The work involved can keep me out of the house on Boxing Day :-)

I knew I had seen this on here somewhere.........