Fiat Coupe Club UK

Spa Italia 2019

Posted By: Philipp

Spa Italia 2019 - 06/02/2019 19:17

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone of you would go to Spa Italia on Sunday 16th of June 2019. I was there last time in 2012 with my 147 GTA and saw many impressive Coupes from the UK which encouraged me to build a trackday Coupe. So I would be interested to know if anyone would join in their Coupe.
Here's the link: http://www.spaitalia.be/

Best regards,

Philipp
Posted By: PeteP

Re: Spa Italia 2019 - 06/02/2019 21:18

Hi Philipp,
Yes we (the club) used to run SpaItalia weekends with dedicated track time for any European Coupe owner. Back In 2012 If I remember correctly, we had 60 cars attending.

However when the new organisers took over they did a very poor job of it, expensive and badly run, so we stopped going.

It's a great shame as it is a brilliant circuit and we had some great weekends.

I certainly hope they have improved the experience and look forwards to any feedback from anyone who has been there more recently.
Posted By: magooagain

Re: Spa Italia 2019 - 07/02/2019 18:51

Yes they certainly were great times and an Abosolute cock up by the new orginiser's .(in our opinion).
I think I can say for everyone that has been to Spaitalia ,that it's one of the greatest times we have had together as an fccuk group.
Posted By: samsite999

Re: Spa Italia 2019 - 08/02/2019 09:47

Agreed, Some of the best events I have ever been to have been at Spa, Sadly as above have suggested the last, and I mean last one I attended we spent half a morning at and walked out.
There was very bad attendance, it was unduly expensive, there was so little there stand wise and car wise.
Its a real shame as the track is amazing, the weather was normally great and the buzz you got from all the italian exotics was electric
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Spa Italia 2019 - 08/02/2019 10:35

Originally Posted By samsite999
I attended we spent half a morning at and walked out

If my memory serves me correctly I think it was 1 hr 40 minutes, I'll never forget that little road trip.
Posted By: Philipp

Re: Spa Italia 2019 - 13/02/2019 10:11

Thanks for all your replies!
I registered for it, there is a parade lap as well as three 30 minute track sessions included. The track sessions are devided into two categories: cars with less than 300bhp and cars with more. Not sure yet if I take the coupé or some other italian car.
Will let you know how it went.

Best regards,
Philipp
Posted By: Kayjey

Re: Spa Italia 2019 - 16/02/2019 21:44

Last year was okay, in september though. But the club presence made it into something wonderful all those years with a chance to see everyone.
Posted By: Blitz

Re: Spa Italia 2019 - 03/03/2019 11:01

I think I'll come this year because the last time that I came was in 2015 and I want to see what has changed.

Is there any special price for coupe club owners?
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK