Fiat Coupe Club UK

2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June

Posted By: Barmybob

2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 29/10/2007 04:25

Mark0904 started THIS THREAD in the social events section but states further down the thread that he does not wish to organise a Euro trip.

So if you are interested in taking part in a 2008 Euro tour could you please register your interest on this thread. If possible could you please also offer suggestions for places YOU think a Coupe Euro tour should not miss.

I have already been thinking of taking a 2008 trip, based arround the 2008 SPA Italia event and a possible dutch Coupé event organised by John (Fastjjs).

FCCUK 2008 Coupé Euro tour ideas list......

1. CSP 2008 Holland
2. SPA Italia

Event details will appear HERE
Posted By: PeteP

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 29/10/2007 04:44

Spa definitely, CSP Holland a strong possibility.

Pete
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 29/10/2007 18:39

very interested in this \:\)

i will try and think of some good places to go!

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 29/10/2007 18:42

I would love this, although might struggle due to two weeks in Dominican republic!

I thought perhaps maranello! No idea where it is, but it's a suggestion!

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 29/10/2007 22:56

Originally Posted By: elder81
I would love this, although might struggle due to two weeks in Dominican republic!

I thought perhaps maranello! No idea where it is, but it's a suggestion!

Its at Modena.

Andy. \:\)

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 29/10/2007 23:01

Could release the inner child and go to Euro Disney for 2-3 days? ;\)

Posted By: coupedummy

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 30/10/2007 00:02

im coming along either suits me aslong as theres beer

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 30/10/2007 00:10

Cannot beat continental beer. Just thought, on way back to Calais, could fill the boot with some beer from the huge hypermarkets they have near the dock!!

Posted By: MCMike

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 30/10/2007 00:17

that's a good plan sumpy

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 30/10/2007 00:45

yup great idea!!

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 30/10/2007 01:36

interested in this

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 30/10/2007 01:45

Good to see we have some interest

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 30/10/2007 15:15

Originally Posted By: Barmybob

FCCUK 2008 Coupé Euro tour ideas list......

1. CSP 2008 Holland
2. SPA Italia

How about adding the following?

ITALY

Turin with its Italian Motor Museum and the Pininfarina collection

MILAN for the Alfa Romeo collection and the shopping.

And Maranello for the Galleria Ferrari

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 30/10/2007 15:23

Oh and THIS PLACE might be worth a visit too

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 30/10/2007 15:41

This is one of the best car collections in the world, and to me would make a great trip to.
http://www.collection-schlumpf.com/en/schlumpf/

PS. how do you put in 'this place' link like Barmybob put ?

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 30/10/2007 16:02

Originally Posted By: sumplug
PS. how do you put in 'this place' link like Barmybob put ?

When you open a reply click the world icon(One on the top left of the reply box)

When the URL box appears paste in you link.

When the next box appears type in what text you would like to see Cool Place

That place could be added on the way down to Italy

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 30/10/2007 17:09

yep cool place

Posted By: simonj

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 30/10/2007 22:31

If you are going to the Schlumpf - you can also add a visit to the Bugatti factory at Molsheim nearby.

I'd be interested in the trip, but if there were one in 2009, all my holiday next year is already taken up with plans \:\(

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 01/11/2007 13:03

Nürburgring

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 01/11/2007 20:33

Moto Guzzi have their factory in the Italian lakes. I think Ducati are based a bit fruther away, sort of south eats of there.
Posted By: MCMike

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 01/11/2007 21:29

Stelvio Pass would be good...

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 02/11/2007 04:10

hello guys, i'm italian T20 owner from modena.

maranello, so ferrari world, is 15 km from modena. the moto guzzi museum is located near como, i've visited it in a italian kiup meeting 2 years ago...

ducati is located in bologna, 40 km from modena. between modena and bologna, there's the lamborghini.

we are organizing a meeting in bologna in the fall off april, viting ducati for sure, maybe lamborghini. we are try to take some hour in imola track. nothing is alredy confirmed.

another important meeting, will be in nurburgring, in june. we have told something time ago, and other european kiup forum has respond well, so German's people are 30+ ready to make this meeting in ring, also french poland etc...
are you ! ?

we could make a very big / international meeting in Nurburgring, well placed in centre of europe.

what do you think ?

bye

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 02/11/2007 13:05

im interested!!

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 02/11/2007 13:19

Yes, i would like to be part of an international meet.

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 03/11/2007 08:18

Originally Posted By: Mark20vTURBO

another important meeting, will be in nurburgring, in june. we have told something time ago, and other european kiup forum has respond well, so German's people are 30+ ready to make this meeting in ring, also french poland etc...
are you ! ?

we could make a very big / international meeting in Nurburgring, well placed in centre of europe.

Do you have any more details on the Nurburgring Meet, Dates etc?

The SPA Italia Event is also in June and if these two are close (Week after each other say) together that would be rather nice

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 03/11/2007 23:36

unfortunatly no dates, but we had an idea, that will be kindly make day in spa, and other in nurburgring.
i think we can put toghter ours ideas to make the biggest international fiat coupe meeting. we need the help of german to chose location etc... .

which is the date of spa italia event ?

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 04/11/2007 00:41

The SpaItalia Weekend date has not yet been confirmed but it is expected to be 14-15 June. Keep your eye on the Spaitalia website for developments

The French Fiat Coupé Club will be organising a meeting there including special track sessions solely for Fiat Coupes.

We had an excellent weekend with coupes from France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Luxemburg and UK in 2007, hopefully next year will be even better.

Pete

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 07/11/2007 16:49

Interested. I'll keep an eye on this...

James

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 08/11/2007 22:13

Looks like we will need to wait on the Spa Italia dates before the rest can kick into place.

I will be fantastic if we can manage to pull together Coupé clubs from accross Europe for the Spa and Ring events

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 12/11/2007 15:30

You could also combine several meetings, the dutch coupe drivers(CSP) alsways go to italia once a year to meet the italian club. The Italians are planning an Europe tour also in the same region Spa/Nurburgring. The problem is to find a Hotel that could take so many people.

@ Bob
The indoor ski hall we visited during CSP 2006 is building a hotel with 400 rooms. Although it will be not ready before autumn 2008, maybe in summertime 2009 for reduced prices due to less people interesting in ski-ing. It is half hour drive from Spa and 1,5h from Nurburgring. and as you know in the triangle Germany Netherlands and Belgium. Citytrips to Dusseldorf Brussels Aachen, Cologne all within 1 hour drive and of course a lot of german autobahn.

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 16/11/2007 01:21

defo interested, always wanted to do the ring, and an international event would be awsome

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 19/11/2007 08:56

Originally Posted By: fastjjs
You could also combine several meetings.

It looks like the Italian and German Coupé clubs are having a Nurburgring event, whilst the French guys plan to be at the SPA Italia weekend.

The SPA Italia weekend will be the deciding factor. Once those dates are released we will need to speak with the persons organising the Nurburgring event and see if they would be interested trying to book a consecutive weekend (Before of after SPA).

We could then plan some other events / trips for the days between, like you say John Dusseldorf, Brussels, Aachen and Cologne are all within 1 hour drive.

Originally Posted By: fastjjs
The problem is to find a Hotel that could take so many people.

It might be a better to find a location (Town) that has several hotels with different price levels, possibly even with a camping area. This would allow the event to appeal to all people and their differing budgets.

So how do I find out:

1. Who is organising the German / Italian ring event?
2. Who to speak to from the French Coupé contingent?

and

3. What town is within easy traveling distance of Spa and the ring?

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 19/11/2007 19:26

I think Eifel will be most sufficient and cheaper than Ardennen, good food, low prices for hotels reasonablenable 3-4 star hotel with huge breakfast will be around 60eur for a double bedded room. Dinner buffet eat as much you can for around 15 eur.p.p.

@Bob
(Better food and hotel than CSP meeting 2006)

I will check camping sites too.

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 19/11/2007 20:57

There is the Vernasca Sliver Flag event in Italy at the end of June. It is a world famous Hillclimb event, with all the cream of historic race cars competing. Everything from classic Abarths, to Lamborghini's.

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 19/11/2007 21:34

So how do I find out:

2. Who to speak to from the French Coupé contingent?

Bob,
You could talk to Baby-cash from the French club, he did a lot of the 2007 organisation. He posts on here from time to time.
Otherwise I am a member of that forum and can liase with them regarding Spa.

Pete.

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 20/11/2007 00:10

Keep this in sight: clicky

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 20/11/2007 05:44

Peter when I get a spare moment I will speak to Baby-Cash and see what they have planned for 2008.

Pieter (Alesi) are you and John looking to organise something in Holland?

I would be more than happy to help & assist where required \:\)

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 21/11/2007 18:26

there is a picture of my hotel just under this post \:D

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 01/12/2007 21:21

I contacted Spa Italia to see if they had confirmed dates for 2008 and have received this reply

Quote:

Dear Sir,

It would be a great pleasure to welcome the UK Fiat Coupé Club at next year SpaItalia. As you understand, the dates have to be confirmed by the circuit of Francorchamps in respect of the FIA calendar. I was told couple of days ago that the final dates for SpaItalia will be released in few days but no later than 2nd week of December. Anyway, it will take place in June and I'll inform you as soon as confirmed.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience and I'm looking forward to receiving you in Francorchamps.

Kind regards,

Jean-Pierre Magalhaes

So it looks like we should have the Spa dates confirmed within the next couple of weeks

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 03/12/2007 15:40

Quote:
The SPA Italia weekend will be the deciding factor. Once those dates are released we will need to speak with the persons organising the Nurburgring event and see if they would be interested trying to book a consecutive weekend (Before of after SPA).

hy guys, we are organizing the meeting, in spa & ring, for first days of july... but i think is a crap made 2 meeting in 1 month.... we shall do one great, huge meeting... in spa & ring. we think about 3-8 july, where 3&8 for us, are the travelling from/to italy, the other, spa, ring and some days to shopping/visiting something. all isn't wrote yet. we have all to decide, also with you. is definitive yours in june ?

i think we have to put more force on this event, french, dutch, UK, italian... in the same randevouz... fantastic!
100+ kiup... \:o

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 05/12/2007 04:28

Mark

We are trying to arrange a meeting of Coupé owners / clubs at the Annual SPA Italia event.

Spa Italia is a big meeting for Italian car clubs from all over Europe and should prove interesting to most any car enthusiast. I am told that the French Coupé club are already planing to be at this event so it just the rest of us that need to be there. I fully agree that it will be cool if we can get a large Fiat Coupé attendance at this event.

If we do get this event arranged we then also plan to arrange for some events, trips and shopping during the week after. If possible we would also look to arrange a trip to the Ring during this week or the following weekend.

I must stress that I don't hold any official capacity within the UK Coupé club, but I am more than willing to arrange the UK section of this visit / trip. Generally UK attendace at Euro Meets & events has been rather poor. I will do my best to get my fellow countrymen involved with this one though \:\)

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 06/12/2007 01:54

Mark

We are trying to arrange a meeting of Coupé owners / clubs at the Annual SPA Italia event.

Spa Italia is a big meeting for Italian car clubs from all over Europe and should prove interesting to most any car enthusiast. I am told that the French Coupé club are already planing to be at this event so it just the rest of us that need to be there. I fully agree that it will be cool if we can get a large Fiat Coupé attendance at this event.

If we do get this event arranged we then also plan to arrange for some events, trips and shopping during the week after. If possible we would also look to arrange a trip to the Ring during this week or the following weekend.

I must stress that I don't hold any official capacity within the UK Coupé club, but I am more than willing to arrange the UK section of this visit / trip. Generally UK attendace at Euro Meets & events has been rather poor. I will do my best to get my fellow countrymen involved with this one though \:\)

Ok, exatcly mine situation \:\)

unfortunaly, we have a big event near june in italy's kiup club, and they are intended to do the spa/ring meeting in july. when did you know the exatcly dates of yours spa event ?

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 06/12/2007 02:52

Originally Posted By: Mark20vTURBO
when did you know the exatcly dates of yours spa event ?

Mark

I should know before Christmas.

As soon as I know a date I will let you know too \:\)

Bob
Posted By: Baby_Cash

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 07/12/2007 00:44

Hi folks i didn't see this post before.

So i'm the french dude who planned the meeting in 2006. it was the 1st time i planned a meeting. Finally we were 25 coop during the weekend.
I booked an hotel, booked the tickets, the grande parade sessions...etc...

So in 2008, the FIAT COUPE CLUB NORD (french club) along with Febster (the webmaster of http://fiat-coupe.org, who knows the organisator of SpaItalia) and of course FCCUK if you are interested will plan the trip (road, hotel, tickets, grande parade sessions, track sessions) etc..

It's also possible to book a track session only for our Coupés (imagine this thousands of people watchin us on the track ! )

All our cars will be parked in the parkings inside the track, together...a place just for the Coop !

it was awesome in 2007 but in 2008 it's going to be even better.

So right now, we have no days. we keep in touch

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 19/12/2007 23:53

Spaitalia 2008 has been confirmed as 28th and 29th June.

Spaitalia website.

We can start booking ferries and hotels now!

Pete

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 22/12/2007 05:04

Hi,
Thanks Baby_Cash & Petep ;-)
I'm owner & webm. of http://fiat-coupe.org , and this site will go online in January 2008.
---
Some infos .. only Coupe on track :
Saterday 28 :
from 11.30 to 12.00 are +/- 30 euro.
from 16.00 to 16.30 are +/- 30 euro.
Sunday 29 :
from 11.30 to 12.00 are +/- 38 euro.
from 16.00 to 16.30 are +/- 38 euro.
---
this without entry, fuel, hotel .. etc
---
Spa stickers will be free, perhaps T-shirts or caps also.
---
I informs me for the time about hotels (why not 1 hotel 1 forum)..

So , sorry for my bad inglish ;-) (Normally is my neighbor to translate me all).

CU

PS : Merry Christmas & Happi New Year to All.

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 24/12/2007 16:21

Febster didn't told you that he is planning to book some track sessions only for the Coops. As it is written above, only us could drive on the track.
During the weekend, the track is available for different sessions :
- Grande Parade : hundreds of cars are on the track with some pace cars in order to limit the speed. It cost about 35-45€ an hour. You are limited to 120kmh...
- Scuderia : no speed limit... 90€ per hour

I think what febster is doing for us is unmissable. We won't get the track for the same price at the same event.

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 06/01/2008 03:45

It looks like we need to become involved with the French Coupé club, particularly for the SPA event. Their deal for track time looks rather good, possibly too good to miss

So I am looking for some guidance (Peter) as to what step to take next?

Bob

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 06/01/2008 05:39

I've sent you a PM Bob.

Pete.

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 07/01/2008 00:40

Pete

I have replied to your PM \:\)

I have not yet booked my ferry tickets as I am looking to be away for up to two weeks and can't make up my mind if I am going to Visit Italy before or after the SPA event \:\?

Put me down for SPA tickets though

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 08/01/2008 19:56

decisions decisions, same for us we like to go to Italy too. No date set for the italian meeting( nicest of all, do not miss it)
Regarding Spa:
Some of the CSP people will be at the spa meeting too, so the same bunch of Dutch Belgian and German guys will be there just like in 2007

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 12/01/2008 15:24

Hey John nice to see you on here mate.

So are we all going to join forces and get together in a mass Euro Coupé meet then?

Dutch, German, Belgian, French and the Brits would make for a great meet

Oh and an Italian meet you say.... I could be interested \:\)

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 12/01/2008 16:52

Barmy, let's hope you won't be making this trip over to the mainland on your own.
Would be great to see an invasion of coops back Belgian once more ;).

Seriously: shouldn't you be getting this on the road by now.
On saturday 28th of June I'll be visiting the Moto GP at the Dutch TT with a few of my mates. Everything is organised and payed for already.

I do plan to attend to the Spa meeting on Sunday

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 14/01/2008 01:29

Pieter you have to get there mate.

I missed you last year and would hate to miss you in 2008 too \:\(

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 14/01/2008 03:30

Hi Bob,

Will do my utmost to be there on Sunday \:#
Getting to the TT on our bikes with my mates is an annual quest.
Just before that we've spend our 3 week summer holidays.
Sunday the 29th will actually be the very last day of them.
So spending that day at Spa and meeting up with you again would be the icing on the cake \:#

Now get this thing on the road and organise a massive invasion of fccuk-ers to this event.

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 14/01/2008 14:33

It's being worked on.

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 15/01/2008 04:13

id love to make this, but as far as organising accomodation etc i havent a clue,

so, is this going to be club organised, or is it a case of make your own arrangements etc? i cant help thinking some help from the club would be prefferable

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 15/01/2008 04:25

I am liasing with the French Coupe club for this meeting.
They are putting together a package including entry, coupe only track time, accomodation and dinner Saturday night.

As soon as we have the details sorted it will be posted here.
At the moment we are waiting for SpaItalia to finalise their prices.
It will be a brilliant weekend if last year is anything to go by.

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 26/01/2008 00:21

any more idea on dates for spa/ring meet

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 26/01/2008 19:41

Originally Posted By: tez123
any more idea on dates for spa/ring meet

Spa is definately 28 and 29th June, Ring is TBA.

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 27/01/2008 04:13

How many do we have interested? Please copy and then add your name to this list.

From the UK

Peterp (Definite)
Barmybobob (Definite)

From France

Baby_Cash (Definite)

From luxembourg

febster (Definite?)

From the NL

Alesi (Possible)
fastjjs (Possible)

From Italy

Mark20vTURBO (Possible)

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 27/01/2008 13:01

How many do we have interested? Please copy and then add your name to this list.

From the UK

Peterp (Definite)
Barmybobob (Definite)

From France

Baby_Cash (Definite)

From luxembourg

febster (Definite?)

From the NL

Alesi (Definite, Sunday only)
fastjjs (Possible)

From Italy

Mark20vTURBO (Possible)

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 28/01/2008 05:07

There appears to be a great deal of interest in this meet over on the German forum

From the UK

Peterp (Definite)
Barmybobob (Definite)

From France

Baby_Cash (Definite)

From luxembourg

febster (Definite?)

From the NL

fastjjs (Possible)

From Italy

Mark20vTURBO (Possible)

From Germany

Over 25 interested on the German Forum

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 28/01/2008 23:32

There appears to be a great deal of interest in this meet over on the German forum

From the UK

Peterp (Definite)
Barmybobob (Definite)
tez123 99%
From France

Baby_Cash (Definite)

From luxembourg

febster (Definite?)

From the NL

fastjjs (Possible)

From Italy

Mark20vTURBO (Possible)

From Germany

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 28/01/2008 23:51

What are the dates?

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 29/01/2008 15:13

Spa 28/29 June.

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 29/01/2008 15:16

very interested. what are the sort of costs u guys are looking at?

Just trying to get an idea of what sort of money i should be looking to set aside.
Posted By: darmtb

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 30/01/2008 03:05

From the UK

Peterp (Definite)
Barmybobob (Definite)
tez123 99%
From France

Baby_Cash (Definite)

From luxembourg

febster (Definite?)

From the NL

fastjjs (Possible)

From Italy

Mark20vTURBO (Possible)

From Germany

From Ireland

darmtb ( Possible)

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip 28th & 29th June - 30/01/2008 12:35

From the UK

Peterp (Definite)
Barmybobob (Definite)
tez123 99%

From France

Baby_Cash (Definite)

From luxembourg

febster (Definite?)

From the NL

fastjjs (for sure!)

From Italy

Mark20vTURBO (Possible)

From Germany

Guiseppe Faiella (Definately)

From Ireland

darmtb ( Possible)

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip 28th & 29th June - 30/01/2008 20:14

Dates have now been added to the title.

Costs for the trip will be dependant on your prefered route to the continent, either by Ferry or Train, and what accomodation you would like.

Peter should have some costs for the "EVENT" soon

I am also sure there will also be options for Hotels and camping. As soon as we know anything further it will be posted in this section \:\)

Bob

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip 28th & 29th June - 31/01/2008 00:47

Here is the long-awaited links :

->> http://fiat-coupe.org

Any person registered once paid .. No money back.
Each person to be paid, will be automatically included on the list of participants.

Sorry for my English. You can also contact the forum french baby_cash.

Thx.

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip 28th & 29th June - 31/01/2008 00:56

Oh right so this is more of a jaunt to Spa only? I was thinking a proper drive round Europe, incuing Spain, Italy, the Alps, that sorta thing.

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip 28th & 29th June - 31/01/2008 06:43

Originally Posted By: Truffle
Oh right so this is more of a jaunt to Spa only? I was thinking a proper drive round Europe, including Spain, Italy, the Alps, that sorta thing.

It still could be if eneugh people are interested, I still plan to a wider Euro trip prior to the SPA event \:\)

The SPA event looks like it will attract a mass pan European Coupé attendance and it would be a shame to miss such a well attended Coupé meet.

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip 28th & 29th June - 31/01/2008 15:38

Dates have now been added to the title.

so thats the 28th AND the 28th then?! \:D \:P

as long as the coupes working i will be there, interested in a bit of a prior drive as well (milau bridge?) but not too far

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip 28th & 29th June - 31/01/2008 15:56

Originally Posted By: owl10
so thats the 28th AND the 28th then?! \:D \:P

Whoops....... All repaired now \:\)

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip 28th & 29th June - 05/02/2008 03:25

It still could be if eneugh people are interested, I still plan to a wider Euro trip prior to the SPA event \:\)

The SPA event looks like it will attract a mass pan European Coupé attendance and it would be a shame to miss such a well attended Coupé meet.

Yep you're right. You can't miss that event. There will be a lot of coops in the area.
Last year we were nearly 30 coupes during the weekend, and this year we will be for sure more than 50.

I guarantee !

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 06/02/2008 03:43

dont miss Slovakia!!!

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 07/02/2008 19:11

Once you have to have a meeting in Italy in june and in July 2 meetings are planned. So just come along with us.

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip 28th & 29th June - 12/02/2008 19:30

The SpaItalia website for on line bookings is now up and running, they take UK credit and debit cards.

Book before 1st of May for a €10 saving.
This site is for the circuit admission and general event activities only.

If you want to participate in the special Fiat Coupé only track sessions, then register on this forum. (It's in English)

The French forum will be organising Saturday night meals and accomodation, I will update you when we have this info.

Ferry costs can be as little as £30 each way with Speedferries if you book early.

Pete

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 01/03/2008 19:10

Just purchased the following.

Access for participating car (WE) 55 Euro
Rally Balade (Sat) 35 Euro

Bob

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip 28th & 29th June - 01/03/2008 19:39

Originally Posted By: petep

The French forum will be organising Saturday night meals and accomodation, I will update you when we have this info.

I now have the accomodation details.

Bed breakfast and evening meal Saturday: 55€ per person in the hotel or Camping in the hotel grounds 35€ per person including evening meal Saturday and breakfast Sunday.

reservation form for the weekend.

Tarrifs and programme

Details and booking for the circuit events except Coupé only track time is also available in English on the Spaitalia website

Pete

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip 28th & 29th June - 01/03/2008 20:29

And my request for a Hotel room is also placed, thanks Peter ;\)

So come on guys how many more UK FCCUK people can we get interested in this event?

Bob

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip 28th & 29th June - 06/03/2008 00:06

im going booked ferry, just neen to get round to the rest

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip 28th & 29th June - 06/03/2008 00:09

Excellent \:\)

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip 28th & 29th June - 06/03/2008 21:46

We have three UK Coupes so far, any more?

From the UK

Peterp (Definite)
Barmybobob (Definite)
tez123 (Definite)

From France

Baby_Cash (Definite)

From luxembourg

febster (Definite?)

From the NL

fastjjs (for sure!)

From Italy

Mark20vTURBO (Possible)

From Germany

From Ireland

darmtb ( Possible)

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip 28th & 29th June - 07/03/2008 03:18

Another 8 French coupés already booking up looking at that forum.

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 12/03/2008 04:50

me and the girlfriend definately want to come to this, as its the girlfriends birthday on the 2nd, so we'll stop at paris for a few nights afterwards.

can some interpret what is basically needed to know from the french forum for me please, as im not particualarly multilingual, more or less a price list and relevant contact info to book it all would be great Not driven abroad before either, so as much info as possible would be really appreciated, oh and are all the english coupe's getting the same ferry etc?
if so info on which ferry / where / how to book etc would be really usefull as well.

Realise i'm asking for quite a lot,

Thanks in advance if anyone can help me out!

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 12/03/2008 05:08

Follow THIS link for the tickets. I booked as a participant and took a Sat / Sun event ticket (55 Euro). I also booked entry for the Rally "Balade" (Saturday 28th) ticket (35 Euro).

If you want to say in the Hotel on Saturday night then Peter may be able to handle the French speaking side for you.

As for the Ferry I will already be in Europe so won't be able to participate in any convoy \:\(

If you have any questions please PM Peter or myself.

Bob

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 12/03/2008 05:52

The hotel Saturday night costs 55 euros per person, this includes dinner Saturday and breakfast Sunday and has to be paid in advance to the French club to get that rate.

If you need help with the reservation form PM me and I will help sort it out.Basically they need to know name and address details

If you book early there are a number of good deals around, I generally use Speedferries catamaran service between Dover and Boulogne.
Crossings start from around £25 each way and you can book on line.

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 12/03/2008 17:46

thanks bob and peter.

Hopefully i should be booking this early next month, if i have any major problems i'll post up again

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 13/03/2008 05:05

We now have four UK Coupes so far, any more?

From the UK

Peterp (Definite)
Barmybobob (Definite)
tez123 (Definite)
Owl 10

From France

Baby_Cash (Definite)
Crazyf1 (Definite)
Le Sarde (Definite)
The Doktor(Definite)
MP750 (Definite)
Misery (Definite)
Mick59t16 (Definite)
The Doktor's mate (Definite)
Tompouss (Definite)
Julio (definite)

From luxembourg

febster (Definite?)

From the NL

fastjjs (for sure!)

From Italy

Mark20vTURBO (Possible)

From Germany

From Ireland

darmtb ( Possible)

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 13/03/2008 23:10

Add these guys on your list for the french forum :
- Crazyf1
- Le Sarde
- The Doktor
- MP750
- Misery
- Mick59t16
- The Doktor's mate

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 25/03/2008 22:56

Hi folks,

i just looked at the participant list on the official website, and i see that there are 3 guys from the UK.
Tell me who is :
Wright T - Coupé 20TV 1998 United Kingdom

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 26/03/2008 00:17

thats me
Posted By: samsite999

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 26/03/2008 00:39

dam! i'm leaving the UK for a drive to swits on the 25th of june! driving to interlaken in swits

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 26/03/2008 19:06

Originally Posted By: samsite999
dam! i'm leaving the UK for a drive to swits on the 25th of june! driving to interlaken in swits

Are you just planning to go to Interlaken or will you be visiting other places as well in the area?

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 05/04/2008 01:09

Hi All, I am interested in attending this event will be traveling from the Midlands if anyone wants to hook up. Will prob get the ferry Fri night and come back Mon. Does anyone have the German coupe site web address as my friend in Germany would like to meet up (Alfa GTV ) and he could get the details from there, he's German. Are you all booked into the hotel mentioned and is it still an option? Pete.

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 05/04/2008 03:56

Bob and I are booked into the hotel and I think that tez123 is booking in there too plus the French contingent.
Friday night can also be booked through the French club at the same special price.
There are still rooms available at the moment.

Is this the German club you were thinking of?

Pete

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 05/04/2008 04:42

What day is the Coupé only run on Spa?

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 05/04/2008 15:39

2 sessions each day Saturday and Sunday.

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 06/04/2008 17:35

hi i might have to put out, 17 year kid been drivin 4 days didnt see me in his moms nackered metro and pulled out of a tee juction and wrote my car off. tryin to a replacment

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 08/04/2008 19:55

NO \:o

Not another dead LE °\(

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 12/04/2008 20:57

Well, thats the ferry booked and enterance to the event, will see you there i hope.

PW

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 13/04/2008 23:20

Originally Posted By: pwcovuk
Well, thats the ferry booked and enterance to the event, will see you there i hope. PW

Cool I'm sure we’ll see you there

Have you registered as an exhibitor?

I also booked my ferry tickets this week, just got to find things to do to fill up 2 weeks now.

I could take a trip down south but then again I'm sure next year will have to be a trip to Italy, anyone for Turin and the 15th Coupé anniversary? ;\)

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 13/04/2008 23:45

hi will be coming afterall got me a w reg plus today just need to swop my mods

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 13/04/2008 23:49

last post woz me tez123 pc woz loged in sons name

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 14/04/2008 00:10

[anyone for Turin and the 15th Coupé anniversary? ;\)

"Don Ochetti" Bob: you kow I am, don't you? \:#

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 14/04/2008 02:57

Thanks Bob, yes booked as exhibitor so the run every day coupe with all that entails will be mine , not even a Turbo never mind. Can make no sence of the French club site , how do you pay if you book on there. have sent e mail direct to the hotel so hope to be there or close by. Problem with accom is my son and his girlfriend are coming with me so need a double and a single room or I may just take a tent if I can sort them a room. Glad you got sorted Tez.
Pete W

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 14/04/2008 03:44

@pwcovuk PM sent.

Pete

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 19/04/2008 14:35

Hi folks, here's the updated list of french coupes who will be @ Spa Italia

- Crazyf1
- Le Sarde
- The Doktor
- MP750
- Misery
- Mick59t16
- Ex-T16 du DOK
- Tompouss
- Julio
- Esquale
- Turbotom
- Kenmath39
- Choco
- Nost20gt28
- Will59
- Gatoo
- Baby Cash

Can i have an updated list of british coop who will join us ? thx

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 19/04/2008 14:57

Originally Posted By: Baby_Cash
Hi folks, here's the updated list of french coupes who will be @ Spa Italia

- Crazyf1
- Le Sarde
- The Doktor
- MP750
- Misery
- Mick59t16
- Ex-T16 du DOK
- Tompouss
- Julio
- Esquale
- Turbotom
- Kenmath39
- Choco
- Nost20gt28
- Will59
- Gatoo
- Baby Cash

Can i have an updated list of british coop who will join us ? thx

Petep
Barmybob
tez123
Owl 10
pwcovuk

so far.

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 20/04/2008 22:46

I won't be able to make this, sorry !

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 21/04/2008 01:41

Hi , missed the dead lion for the booking of the hotel with the French group. can someone help me get accom . need a double room for my son and his girlfriend , I will share or a single or bring my tent ,

Pete W.

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 21/04/2008 03:28

Pete,

I think there may still be places available through the French club.

PM Baby_Cash on this forum, he speaks good English and is organising the Hotel and other accomodation for the French club.

Pete.

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 22/04/2008 02:29

Hi folks,

it seems like you guys will be many to represent the UK. That's cool.
I have to check if we still have some rooms available, if not, you can camp and get your car parked.
We are planning a big banquet (i don't know if you say it like that in english)on saturday night at the hotel. French + britans + luxembourg people
Posted By: Boosted7

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 22/04/2008 14:53

Hey people,

I'm interested in attending this event too, I'm just sorting out a few details. What is the difference between the "Grande Parade" and the "Rally Balade"? Maybe I'm thick (very likely) but I can't find a description on the spa italia website for the driving events, and just want to be sure I am booking the right things!

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 22/04/2008 15:16

Originally Posted By: Boosted7
Hey people,

I'm interested in attending this event too, I'm just sorting out a few details. What is the difference between the "Grande Parade" and the "Rally Balade"? Maybe I'm thick (very likely) but I can't find a description on the spa italia website for the driving events, and just want to be sure I am booking the right things!

OK, Grande Parade is an open to all track session around the Grand Prix circuit behind a pace car with a speed limit of 130kph.
It is also possible to book through the French club ( http://www.fiatcoupe.fr ) unrestricted coupe only track sessions.

Rally Balade is a navigation run round the local countryside using notes and last year was about 100km long and took about 2 hours to complete. We went round in a convoy of coupes and it was great fun.Narrow roads, fords all sorts of things.

Pete

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 22/04/2008 15:44

Thanks for the quick reply Pete. It sounds great, I'll be registering for both those events!

I'll be coming with my brother-in-law and possibly my father, so we will probably have to find accommodation somewhere else, although baby_cash is very kindly checking availability at the hotel for us to see if there is any space left.

Roll on summer time is all I can say

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 23/04/2008 00:56

hi is there any way to find out if my booking for the spa event went though as when i booked it i had an email saying my card failed but money went out 2 weeks later but no email to conferm. and is it for car or person as ive changed cars since booking

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 23/04/2008 01:01

who is going on the grande parade as i think i only booked the rally one but would like to do both

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 23/04/2008 01:31

Hi guys

We have rented some track sessions only for the Coupés.
You could drive on the track during 30min.
2 sessions are available on Saturday. Each one cost 25€ (or both 45€), and one on sunday morning (35€).
All you need is a helmet.

There won't have any pacecar. You could drive as fast as you want.

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 23/04/2008 02:10

can this be booked on the day

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 23/04/2008 02:19

Only the track sessions for the Coupés and the entrance.
All the other sessions and the hotel can't be paid the D-day, because all the sessions will be already booked by the participants (don't forget that there will be maybe 1000 participants during the weekend), and hotel too !

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 23/04/2008 02:28

Originally Posted By: tez123
hi is there any way to find out if my booking for the spa event went though as when i booked it i had an email saying my card failed but money went out 2 weeks later but no email to conferm. and is it for car or person as ive changed cars since booking

Tez your name is down on this list of Fiat exhibitors.

Clicky.

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 23/04/2008 02:36

thanks ill see you they

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 23/04/2008 02:37

sorry (there)

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 23/04/2008 05:29

Tez I e mailed the Spa site and the reply I got was no undates will be shown untill 28th April,
Spa should be fine with changed car as thay only asked for the make and modle, you will need to check your ferry booking though. Baby-Chash says there are rooms left and he will try and translate the booking form for tomorrow.

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 23/04/2008 13:06

Ferry Booking is not normally a problem. I booked my tickets last year for the Coupe, but turned up with an Alfa.

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 24/04/2008 00:20

thanks for that. i will be interested in a room did try to book but couldnt understand form and gave up

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 24/04/2008 00:24

the problem i had was how to send money

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 24/04/2008 00:35

Hi folks,
I have to check if we still have some rooms available

TEZ, I think you need to get in touch with Baby_Cash.

Bob

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 24/04/2008 00:42

tez, I've been in touch with baby_cash and there are still a few rooms available - best to PM him as Bob suggested.

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 24/04/2008 01:02

Are any of you guys going on the "Grand Parade" on either the saturday or the sunday?

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 24/04/2008 01:10

both days i think

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 24/04/2008 02:00

Hi guys, as promised here is the registration form for Spa Italia 2008, in which you will have the possibilty to book some SCUDERIA DEL COUPE SESSIONS (track sessions for the Coops only), and of course the accomodation (camping or hotel).

Download the form, fill it in and send it to the address written in the form with your payment (travellers checks or bank transfer).

Clicky

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 24/04/2008 02:12

Thanks for doing that Baby-Cash

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 24/04/2008 02:23

I advise you to book camping rather than hotel if you send your form in 1 week for example. First, because it's cheaper, and then because maybe there won't be any rooms available between the fact that you sent me your form and whe i receive it.

If you are fast, i think there is no problem. If so, don't worry i'll take care of you lol

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 29/04/2008 20:07

Right, that's me all booked in for the event. Can't wait! Now, just need to organise the ferry... anyone else going over on the Friday?

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 29/04/2008 21:10

Yep, 10:45 am Speedferries from Dover to Boulogne.

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 29/04/2008 23:43

This is mine.

Depart: DOVER to DUNKERQUE 27/06/08 23:59
Return: DUNKERQUE to DOVER 29/06/08 22:01

Vehicle:
Fiat Coupe P441XKH (PASS VEH <2.4M )

Now added to exhibitors list as well.

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 10/05/2008 01:55

Just out of interest what do we do about beam deflectors when over there. I only have standard lights but you mod'ed guys must have a solution with the higher output.

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 10/05/2008 02:48

I've never bothered, just put them on the lowest setting. That time of year there are only a few hours of darkness anyway.

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 10/05/2008 04:00

Cool , Pete I am driving over friday night so will have about 2hrs of Euro darkness with standard lighting, so turn them down and see you there.

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 16/05/2008 21:23

31 coupés now listed as attending on the exhibitors list.

Pete

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 23/05/2008 21:12

Just to say a big Thank you to Baby Cash for sorting the Accomidation for me. This man is a Star I owe you big time.

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 24/05/2008 00:02

Yep, I second that! He managed to sort my accommodation too at late notice.

I definitely owe you a beer or two babycash!

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 24/05/2008 02:39

lol ! thank you guys...
I hope you will enjoy your trip and give other people of this forum the envy to come next year.

Just for the information, i will be there only on saturday in case if you want to meet me

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 24/05/2008 23:26

Indeed top marks from me too Jeremy \:\)

Just managed to get booked in for the Friday night too, all thanks to you and PeterP. I am sure us Brits will be getting you two a few Beers in on saturday night \:D

Bob

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 03/06/2008 20:33

The logo of the FIAT COUPE CLUB NORD for Spa Italia
Clicky

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 12/06/2008 17:05

Well received my ticket today so see you all there.

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 12/06/2008 23:17

yep, mine arrived today too. can't wait!

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 13/06/2008 00:21

Got home tonight to find my tickets too

This is going to be a great event, can't wait \:\)

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 13/06/2008 00:24

Mine arrived too.

Re: 2008 Summer Euro trip - 13/06/2008 10:29

What options have you guys selected?

I have Entry and Scuderia Session at 14:30 Saturday?

Should I have selected anything else?

Bob

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 13/06/2008 11:13

I thought you'd gone for the rallye ballade as well Bob.

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 13/06/2008 12:12

I'll double check when I get home, but I've gone for the rallye balade which I think is on the saturday afternoon, and I'm also down for one of the afternoon grande parade sessions on the Sunday. I might however try and change it to a morning session because I think we'll have to leave not long after lunch time on the Sunday so we don't miss the ferry back.

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 13/06/2008 13:46

Just called them.

Paid 35Euro and now booked in for the Rally "Balade" session.

Bob

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 13/06/2008 14:52

good stuff!

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 17/06/2008 12:59

See you all there.......

Bob

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 17/06/2008 13:07

Yep! I'm staying in Maastricht on the Friday night but will catch up with you all on the saturday. Can't wait

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 17/06/2008 13:22

Maastricht is a nice place, we were thinking of stopping near there on Thursday.

Check out Valkenburg if you get a chance, a bit of a tourist trap but quite a nice place

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 17/06/2008 13:23

Cheers mate, will do!

So I guess you are about to head off on your epic Eurpoean road trip then?

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 17/06/2008 13:57

Indeed I am.

How many of our European Brothers can I visit this time?

Got a few on the list already

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 17/06/2008 20:09

There will be a barbecue in the coupe area at lunchtime on Saturday.
Those willing to contribute to the fun by bringing their local dishes to the event will be welcomed.

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 17/06/2008 20:12

Oh dear I think any stuff I take would be off by then \:s

Will have to do a spot of shopping me thinks.

Bob

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 17/06/2008 22:30

Hi guys,
As petep said, we are planning a barbecue (we don't really have the permission lol).
If you want you can bring food or drinks.
We will be probably 50 people for the barbecue.

Look at the map. this is where we all be parked.

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 22/06/2008 18:56

just got back on to the forum,got my tickets too.drivin down to dover thursday afternoon to catch friday 8am ferry to dunkirk.weather doesnt look good hope they are wrong

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 25/06/2008 09:10

I take it we have......

Peter, Yellow 16Vt
Antony, Silver 20Vt
PW, Scotts Green 20V
Tez, Grey LE or Blue plus
Owl, Sprint Blue 20Vt
Me, Scotts Green 20Vt

Any more?

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 25/06/2008 09:15

It looks like there will be a big turnout from the French and German Coupe clubs, and there is also interest from the Dutch, Belgian and Italian guys too

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 25/06/2008 10:56

Checked the tyre pressures last night, one was down. Nail removed and puncture repaired this morning.
Phew.

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 25/06/2008 12:00

Had a bit of a scare on the weekend, coupe decided it didn't want to idle when starting from warm, AFM error on the widget. Gave the sensor a clean with contact cleaner and now she's sorted (I hope!).

Was a bit worried I'd have to take the old man's Alfa instead...

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 25/06/2008 12:15

The weather is looking good too

http://uk.weather.com/weather/10day-Spa-BEXX0031

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 25/06/2008 14:02

Weather has been fantastic this week, all blue skies and sunshine. There was some rain early today but all back to normal now

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 25/06/2008 23:24

Showing 32 Coupes listed as attnding now, but I know of a few more who will be buying tickets on the gate.

Could see over 50 Coupes at this one

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 26/06/2008 18:45

Does anyone know what time Sat mornning we can get into the rooms, will be getting to Francorchamps about 7-8am with pasengers who will be bitchy by then.
PW

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 26/06/2008 19:11

Nothing on their website but you could give Johnny Lugens a bell

See you there.

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 26/06/2008 19:40

Cheers petep.

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 27/06/2008 10:21

Alesi will be there on sunday as well \:\)
Took the (speed)ferry yesterday evening on quite a rough sea from Dover to Bologne after a 3 week holiday in England.
See you all at Spa

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 27/06/2008 10:28

So you are back in Holland Peter?

Time for me to leave for Belgum then \:P \:D

See you Sunday Pieter

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 30/06/2008 15:05

Well what can I say? An awesome event!! Got home at 1:30am after a bit of a delay with the ferry, but apart from that everything was fantastic.

The opportunity to go out on the track was amazing - I think our coupe's kept that Testarossa honest Bob, although it did sound \:#

I've literally got hundreds of pics, so once I've sorted through them a bit I'll post them up

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 30/06/2008 17:21

Boosted7,Pwcovuk and BarmyBob,

Please can you sort out any photos showing the Sunday coupe parking area.
If you recall, the Spa Italia personnel put other types of Fiats into the Coupe specific area despite having the official plan shown to them.

Later on they made coupe owners park elsewhere after the Sunday track session even though there was space in our parking area.

They are needed by Baby_Cash as evidence in his discussions with the Belgian organisers.

Thanks.

Otherwise, glad you enjoyed the weekend, it was good fun.

Not too many pictures from me though as the camera packed up on Saturday.

Pete
Posted By: bockers

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 30/06/2008 18:44

Originally Posted By: petep

Not too many pictures from me though as the camera packed up on Saturday.

Pete

Was that your Box Brownie Pete? \:D ;\)

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 30/06/2008 21:10

Can't remember whether brownies had boxes, I know wolf cubs had woggles.

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 30/06/2008 22:54

Pete, here are two photos taken on sunday afternoon which show the so called coupe parking area:

Pic 1

Pic 2

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 01/07/2008 00:10

Thanks, that's just the sort of thing he needs.

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 01/07/2008 01:20

Well what can I say?

Ok the Hotel in Belgium was a bit; erm I think the term Basic would be a polite way of putting it

Then the weather on Saturday morning was horrible, grey skies and drizzle

Also the Local Belgian roads were / are a joke, even some of the motorways \:o

And yes the Belgian organisers had absolutely NO idea of how to follow their own pre defined parking plan

But these things aside the weekend was FANTASTIC

The highlight, for me, was of course driving on the Spa circuit. No games console can ever give you the perception of height changes this circuit has to offer. We were also on track with all manner of Italian exotica, and enjoyed several laps chasing, passing and following a glorious sounding 12 cylinders of a Testarossa \:#

We got to meet some smashing fellows From the French club, especially Mathew and Julian, two really nice fellows with matching Ferrari Red Coupes. Oh and not forgetting Babycash, and from Luxembourg Febster \:\)

Great to also meet up again with John (Fastjjs), Pieter (Alesi) and Sander from Holland, Johns caravan made a perfect Coupe base camp.

Can’t wait to hear about SPA 2009, I will also remain hopeful that John will come up with his planned CSP 2009 tour too \:\)

Pictures to follow when I gt back to the UK

Bob

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 01/07/2008 17:49

Unfortunately I was only able to visit Spa on the sunday.
Nevertheless it was great to meet PeteP and my friend BarmyBob (plus his significant other \:# ).

Now you know how to keep your engine bays clean hey boys ;\) .

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 01/07/2008 22:34

Originally Posted By: Alesi
Now you know how to keep your engine bays clean hey boys ;\) .

Pieter I truly think your car is the Best Coupe I have ever seen, your engine bay looks better than new \:#

With you thinking of selling I do wonder if I could live with a LHD Coupe in the UK.

Bob

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 02/07/2008 05:05

Pieter I truly think your car is the Best Coupe I have ever seen, your engine bay looks better than new \:#

With you thinking of selling I do wonder if I could live with a LHD Coupe in the UK.

Bob

Thanks for the compliments Bob.
You could live with a LHD, I'm sure.
Would be very helpfull on al those trips on the mainlaind you're doing ;\)

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 02/07/2008 12:05

Hi guyz

I want to thank all the britans who came in Spa this past weekend.
As barmybob said the weather was horrible in the morning, but we were lucky that the sun appeared in the afternoon.

I am so sorry about the hotel : i did not think even a minute that you could be into trouble with them. The french had a lot of problem with the restaurant (i'm talking about the waitress who was a real bitch !!). The bedrooms were in bad shape too... But the pictures on the website looked differently...

Last year we went to another hotel which was really better, the food was great and the room too.
I choosed the cheapest way for you, but i did not think we could be received like this !

I wish you enjoyed your trip, and loved to drive on the track.

I'm sorry if i did not get introduced to the other britans (pwcovuk, boosted7, tez123...). I would have liked to talk to you guys.

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 02/07/2008 12:27

I'm looking for all the pictures of that weekend. Could you post them here

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 04/07/2008 10:01

Looks like you all still had a great time !!
What was the track driving like?
Is there a big Italian event on for next year?

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 04/07/2008 11:15

I have finally got some Pitures up \:\)

Still got quite a bit of video to get through I am sure there should also be some nice image captures in that little lot

As for next year I am sure there will be a Spa Italia 2009

Also keep your eyes open for a CSP 2009 Holland tour, that should be fun too

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 04/07/2008 11:18

Peter / Jeremy

What are the dates for the meet in the south of France?

Bob

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 04/07/2008 13:05

Bob, It's the 26,27 & 28th September.

Link to the event on the French forum is here. ( In French though)

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 05/07/2008 08:51

My French is not so good, but I managed to find their Pictures page

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 05/07/2008 14:25

Bob your photos are wonderful ! I like them
Is it all you have ?
I want all your pictures. If you have some free time, send them to baby_cash@aliceadsl.fr

cheers mate !

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 05/07/2008 16:37

There are a few more, all with higher resolution too. I will also have quite a lot of Video footage, but I still need to get that onto the PC

Might be best to send everything on a DVD ;\)

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 06/07/2008 10:08

nice photos there Bob!

I have lots that I need to upload, but I'm currently on holiday in Sweden and the internet speed where I'm staying is reeealy slow, so I'll get there eventually.

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 06/07/2008 12:15

Check out www.centrostileparts.com (link is in the news section) for some pics as well.

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 06/07/2008 15:46

Some nice pictures there

John's engine bay is looking really nice, do you have one of yours too Pieter?

Bob

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 06/07/2008 18:11

John's engine bay is looking really nice, do you have one of yours too Pieter?

Sorry Bob, no pictures available.
Coupé is tucked away, so unable to show you a pic.
Will have a look in the archives.
Should be one in there somewhere.

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 06/07/2008 18:22

Two more coop-shots at Italiaspeed website here

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 06/07/2008 19:11

Some photos of coupe's on track:

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff100/AJ20vt/Spa%20Italia/DSC_00180016.jpg
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff100/AJ20vt/Spa%20Italia/DSC_00450040.jpg
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff100/AJ20vt/Spa%20Italia/DSC_04180098.jpg
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff100/AJ20vt/Spa%20Italia/DSC_04210101.jpg
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff100/AJ20vt/Spa%20Italia/DSC_04240104.jpg
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff100/AJ20vt/Spa%20Italia/DSC_04310111.jpg
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff100/AJ20vt/Spa%20Italia/DSC_00550050-1.jpg
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff100/AJ20vt/Spa%20Italia/DSC_04330112.jpg
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff100/AJ20vt/Spa%20Italia/DSC_04080088.jpg
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff100/AJ20vt/Spa%20Italia/DSC_04110091.jpg
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff100/AJ20vt/Spa%20Italia/DSC_04280108.jpg
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff100/AJ20vt/Spa%20Italia/DSC_00690064.jpg
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff100/AJ20vt/Spa%20Italia/DSC_00720067.jpg
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff100/AJ20vt/Spa%20Italia/DSC_04750144.jpg

And a couple from the Rally balade - those damn tractors were so bloody irritating!

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff100/AJ20vt/Spa%20Italia/DSC_01040099.jpg
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff100/AJ20vt/Spa%20Italia/DSC_00970092.jpg

The lineup at the hotel on saturday night:

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff100/AJ20vt/Spa%20Italia/DSC_03660051.jpg
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff100/AJ20vt/Spa%20Italia/DSC_03760056.jpg

I'll post more up soon.

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 06/07/2008 21:11

whaooo they are wonderful !!!

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 06/07/2008 21:56

whaooo they are wonderful !!!

You're right, their stunning!
Looking forward to the next images you'll be uploading.
I want to see evidence of BarmyBob in action ;\)

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 06/07/2008 21:56

Thanks Babycash. I can email high-res versions if anyone wants a photo of their coupe on track.

Alesi - my brother in law took some photos of Bob's coupe while we were on track together for the Grande parade, so I'll be posting them up when I get back from holiday. \:\)

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 06/07/2008 23:04

I want my coop (Blue Sprint) => baby_cash@aliceadsl.fr

Thxxx !!

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 06/07/2008 23:05

We are planning to create a DVD footage of Spa Italia 2008.So if you are interested, we are looking for all the best pictures you have.

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 07/07/2008 11:27

Those pictures are fantastic Antony

Jeremy I will put all film and Pictures onto a DVD and post it to you.

Bob

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 18/07/2008 15:42

As promised, here is evidence of Barmybob on track!

pic 1
pic 2
pic 3

And, because I can't help myself, a few more pics from the event \:\)

Petep's coupe
Pete stuck behind a gypsy wagon lol...
coupes heading down a wet Eau Rouge
crazy looking lambo show car
Alfa 8C on track \:#
playing with a Miura on track
playing with a Ferrari
GT40 crashing in front of me at the top of Eau Rouge!
driver hopping out to inspect the damage...
the aftermath \:\(
A couple of Gallardos having fun

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 18/07/2008 16:38

Originally Posted By: Boosted7
As promised, here is evidence of Barmybob on track!

Nah, looks to me like his better half has the steering wheel in her hands.
No sign of the big man himself ;\)

crazy looking lambo show car

That's a Lamborghini Diablo Pregunta \:#
It proudly wears the door handles of a FIAT barchetta

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 19/07/2008 17:08

Quote:
Big Man \:mad\:

I have been on a diet don't you know.........

Ok it hasn't worked but I have been on one \:P

Some nice pictures there Antony

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 20/07/2008 19:27

Quote:
Big Man \:mad\:

I have been on a diet don't you know.........

now that you mention it, I overheard something about it at Spa.
At that time you were on a 30 day diet and sofar you'd already lost 15 days \:D

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 11/08/2008 20:57

Hope this link works to some pic's from Spa.

http://s535.photobucket.com/albums/ee351/PWCOVUK/

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 11/08/2008 21:00

Baby Cash there is one there date and time stamped showing the coupe area Sunday afternoon.

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 12/08/2008 10:13

You were on track with a 166 I didn't even see a 166 at the event

Nice pictures BTW

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 12/08/2008 10:21

I have never seen a Coupe like THIS \:o in the UK.

Phew \:\)

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 12/08/2008 21:50

It was certainly, um, different!

pwcovuk, I took these photos of you on track - thought you might like 'em:

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff100/AJ20vt/spa%20italia%202/DSC_04760145.jpg
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff100/AJ20vt/spa%20italia%202/DSC_04750144.jpg

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 13/08/2008 08:06

Thanks for the pic's Bob as you can see most of mine are from inside the car so nice to see it on track. Have a few more that I will put on photo bucket when I get time , thanks again . PW

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 13/08/2008 08:08

Boostd, thanks for the pic's . PW

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 19/08/2008 02:52

looks like you had a great time guys.hopefully you guys do the same thing next year so and i can make it with the new coupe

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 19/08/2008 13:28

I plan to do it again, but hope that next year the Spa Italia folks get a Coupe only area set aside for parking

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 19/08/2008 13:36

The organisers have been made very aware of their parking shortcomings and have promised that it will not be repeated next year.

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 02/09/2008 01:09

assume next years starts planning in oct/nov again?

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 02/09/2008 10:40

I should be going again, but I want to try and put together a bigger trip too ;\)

Anyone see the pictures from John ?

What a clean Engine Bay

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 02/09/2008 11:42

There will probabably be nothing firm from the SpaItalia organisers until February or March next year, but preparation work will be going on at club level before then.

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 02/09/2008 12:09

Been looking at 2009 options.......

Option 1

Drive down through France to the Med, then along and into Italy. Do some Italian stuff then catch the German Moto Rail service from Verona to Dusseldorf, then on to Spa Italia?

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 03/09/2008 18:46

Great i will be up for this hopefully.What a great holiday away from the mrs.

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 05/09/2008 14:17

BARMYBOB -> MP
Posted By: barnacle

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 05/10/2008 06:21

Bob,

I'll talk this through in perhaps more detail on Tuesday when we have the Cambridge minimeet, but be aware I'm starting to think about considering letting the idea of planning an Italian trip cross my mind. I've spoken briefly with SimonJ about it...

Specifically, fifteen year reunion at the Pininfarina factory, see the collection, roof of the Lingotto if possible...

Key points:
- one week/ten days max
- gentle drive in the country, rather than all out blast (if only because 30mpg at 80 is a quarter the price of 7.5mpg flat out!)
- channel tunnel
- decent hotels, rather than Formel 1
- stop at/close to (probably) Riems, Dijon on the way down
- avoid motorways/tolls if possible
- interesting looking passes around Val d'Isere
- *possible* then across to the west - Brescia, Lake Garda, North (more passes!) to Austria and thence home via the German motorway system up the Rhine, turn left at Aachen - though that's really a two day trip of itself.

To be on a race track in and of itself does not hugely interest me; I see this as a holiday rather than a cruise and I'd like to get some architecture in (and some retail therapy for she who must be obeyed!). Equally, it's not an all-out blast; it's a grand tour to see the places rather than how fast the cars will go - we already know that. And finally, I'd very much like to do this within the aegis of the FCCUK.

Neil

Re: 2008 SPA Italia Event 28th & 29th June - 20/10/2008 13:49

yes we do almost every year the rail service, it saves you a night stay, fuel and 1000kilometers on the car.

you should meet us in Italia at one of the italian club meetings.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK