Fiat Coupe Club UK

Is Wigan Paul still on here

Posted By: growlingbear

Is Wigan Paul still on here - 16/06/2006 03:35

I cant find his User name. Thinking of getting cambelt done, has anyone used him lately? It's seems to be a Powerfiat love-in on here at the moment!! Too far away for me.
Posted By: pinin_prestatyn

Re: Is Wigan Paul still on here - 16/06/2006 03:59

What's wrong with Motormech, wouldn't that be closer to you?
Posted By: came2dance

Re: Is Wigan Paul still on here - 16/06/2006 04:08

I think Wigan Paul must be about 90 miles closer. He doesn't vome on here nowadays as he doesn't have a coop anymore. Still works on them and sells a few though.

You'll find his contact details here Just make sure you have a chat first and make sure you establish that everything you want doing will be done.

Or drive the extra 90 miles to Motormech

or the extra 290 miles to Power Fiat
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Is Wigan Paul still on here - 16/06/2006 04:17

Or go to Turin Motors in Leeds, mixed opinions of them on here but they seem OK for general servicing stuff.
Posted By: DanTheManc

Re: Is Wigan Paul still on here - 16/06/2006 13:03

I had my last service done at Wigan Pauls and I took a 5ltr tin of Selena 20k which cost me £35 and ended up finding I had an oil leak when I got home.

Ended up having to buy an extra 3ltr's of oil from my local garage because Fiat was shut to get back upto Wigan Pauls the next day at 8am which was a nightmare at that time on the east lancs. Found out they had put the filter on wrong. They swapped the filter and topped my oil up with some crap cheap oil. I ended up having to buy another 5ltr's of Selena 20k and a filter (Another £35 and a filter £5) and do the service again MYSELF at home the following weekend.

All in all it cost me £130 for a full service then £70 for the oil.

So with me having to do my own oil change in the end it ended up costing me about £200 for an air filter, plugs and a service stamp!

If you book a service at Wigan Pauls it more than likely wont be him who does the service. He has some other people who work for him who from what Ive heard and experienced arnt worth the trip.

My cambelt is due later this year and I will be getting it done at Motormech and wont be using Wigan Pauls again.

Dan

Re: Is Wigan Paul still on here - 16/06/2006 14:20

Quote:

Or go to Turin Motors in Leeds, mixed opinions of them on here but they seem OK for general servicing stuff.

or not.....

Re: Is Wigan Paul still on here - 16/06/2006 17:13

Agreed with Dan, my coop won't be going near wigan pauls ever again.

Infact i'm booked into MotorMech next Friday

Re: Is Wigan Paul still on here - 16/06/2006 17:40

Dittos and a much worse experience, i had to help refit the undertray as the guy couldnt do it on his own

Re: Is Wigan Paul still on here - 16/06/2006 21:43

No good will come from going to Turin
Posted By: growlingbear

Re: Is Wigan Paul still on here - 17/06/2006 22:26

Arg thanks guys. Paul was really good himself when I got my old car done there, but it sounds like things have changed.

Turin are OK but a bit expensive in my experience, but I understand others have had probs. Where are Motormech?

Re: Is Wigan Paul still on here - 17/06/2006 22:28

They are in brum www.motor-mech.co.uk is their URL iirc.

Cambelts are abotu the £450 mark. would save your coop membership on that one job alone as well i reckon

Re: Is Wigan Paul still on here - 17/06/2006 23:34

Well when I bought my car from Joe, he had some work done recently at Wigan Pauls.

When I got it home I heard a massive clunking noise, a wheel bolt had falled out and was rattling around inside the cover. Also sent the wrong rear trailing arm, air con stopped working after 3 weeks even after it was topped up and said to be working Ok.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK