Fiat Coupe Club UK

All is forgiven, what a wonderful car!

Posted By: X19_pilot

All is forgiven, what a wonderful car! - 04/09/2011 12:11

After the best part of a year of getting the car sorted, finding more problems and sending it to JBT several times for various bits and pieces, I have really got to grips with what these cars are all about over the last week. Not that I didn't beleive any of you, but mine has been a nightmare from the day I bought it!!! laugh

I have just got back from a trip to France, Sheffield to Portsmouth then Le Havre to Alencon. The car easily monstered the motorway in this country, and after a few miles on the peage from Le Havre to Cean, with New tyres, wheel wobble sorted, confidence in new silicone hoses, new radiator, welded manifold, drive shafts, belts, clutch.... The list is almost endless - meant I could put my lead soled shoes on, jump off the motorway and pick up the signs for Le Mans via the old roads, seeing that name on the signs made the drive feel that bit special! driving

Great handling, plenty of power to overtake, comfy and stylish cockpit, good weather... just an absolute joy to drive. Pulled up at the villa and then spent half the holiday just looking at it from the BBQ whilst slurping a glass of red or chilling with a beer. cloud9

The drive back was a bit less enjoyable due to 3 of us coming back in convoy (not petrol heads or quick drivers, and I was the rear gunner) and sat on the motorway all the way home.

The car performed great, and a BIG thanks to JBT for his last minute efforts to get her ready.

Role on Le Mans 2012! love

Got a puncture this morning though! grr
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: All is forgiven, what a wonderful car! - 04/09/2011 15:25

wow sounds great - look forward to more drunken stories at the agm cool
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: All is forgiven, what a wonderful car! - 04/09/2011 15:48

Fantastic stuff mate.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK