Fiat Coupe Club UK

Your coop plans for 2012

Posted By: Richard24

Your coop plans for 2012 - 11/12/2011 21:40

What have the rest of you got planned for your coop's in 2012 ????

I've a couple of little maintenance jobs to do. Front pads, sunroof relay & cure that little 'jerk' i get sometimes.
Then get some of the bodywork back to how it should be & hopefully have it live mapped after the MOT & service.
Might be better off leaving the bodywork till after a live map just incase something goes wrong. (would be such a shame if the engine let go after getting the bodywork sorted, think i'd cry)
I need to get to another coop meet too, not been for ages.
2012 will be my 8th year with my coop too
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Your coop plans for 2012 - 11/12/2011 21:41

My plans include discs and pads, uprated oil cooler, couple of new tyres and a bunch of minor stuff i can't remember - but mainly i have planned plenty of driving and not much time at JBT's - nothing personal laugh
Posted By: PeteP

Re: Your coop plans for 2012 - 11/12/2011 21:46

Not much planned for mine, last time I used it the battery warning light remained glowing dimly, so that's to sort.

I'll probably put a new alternator in early in the new year. The battery still charges albeit at a reduced rate. I doubt that I will use it this side of the new year anyway.

Other than that, oils and filters and a new set of tyres by the time I get back from Spa.
Posted By: magooagain

Re: Your coop plans for 2012 - 11/12/2011 21:49

As my life is full of 20vt's it may be that i am involed with these cars for a long time.
2012 hopefully will be my track coupe on the track simply.
My road coupe will be lovley as usual and benifit from lots of loving kisses etc. Also good maintenance and at some point a full respray after a complete rebuid (2012 etc etc )
The green 20 vt is our everyday coupe at 57,000miles at the mo. Ideal to run everyday until i can aford to make it a reliable road monster.
Long live the Coupe.

Re: Your coop plans for 2012 - 11/12/2011 21:51

New Discs and pads with decent brake fluid change. Hoping to have a respray but that'll be after Spa. New Tyres all round. Wheels refurbed too.

Re: Your coop plans for 2012 - 11/12/2011 21:58

Possibly selling up for a hassle free life with an M3.

Till the new turbo, 3" Down pipe, new re-Map from flea and carry on pissing about chasing rattles and knocks.

Re: Your coop plans for 2012 - 11/12/2011 22:00

M3's aren't that hassle free Marco I pick more than I thought I would do up.
Posted By: Richard24

Re: Your coop plans for 2012 - 11/12/2011 22:01

I considered the m3 too, good cars but they're not quite hassle free though.
Have a gander over on m3 cutters.
Posted By: coupedummy

Re: Your coop plans for 2012 - 11/12/2011 22:02

sort out wheel wobble,under bonnet tidy,refit interior.new brake discs and Pagid greys for spa plus other stuff no doubt.start tomorrow
Posted By: magooagain

Re: Your coop plans for 2012 - 11/12/2011 22:06

Originally Posted By: Marco20ValveT

Till the new turbo, 3" Down pipe, new re-Map from flea and carry on pissing about chasing rattles and knocks.

Marco stop it ! you know you cant leave the coupe circle !! because you will fall apart. Without you're coupe idiot pal's. And there is now way any one else will bum the presidant ! mooooo.

Re: Your coop plans for 2012 - 11/12/2011 22:08

Thought you had yours sprayed beautifully? So what's going on with the bimmer remark? Your names so pink eye can't hardly read it.

For me, just on going. Most bits that aren't important, I tart up. Mot in March so hopefully rear arms sorted by then. Etc etc etc

Re: Your coop plans for 2012 - 11/12/2011 22:15

Well 2012 should be interesting for me too.

After 5 years of coopdom I've more or less come full circle. crazy In that 5 years, the coop has had 3 interiors (1 cloth, 2 leather), a fmic, Greddy ebc, 4 front bumpers (2 Zender, 2 original), 3 steering wheels, 3 sets of alloys, 3 rad grills, 3 DV's and God knows what else. laugh

After all that, I've gathered together most of the parts needed to get the coop exactly how I want it in 2012. So the plans are;

Complete suspension refresh inc Bilsteins.
Plus model seats (kindly fitted by Joe78 yesterday).
Alpine / Genesis audio system installed.
Brand new Zender front bumper.
Brand new Zender grill.
Replacement ducting for oil cooler and smic.
Flocked centre console and handbrake console.
Zender Rear Lip (still looking).
Full Service.
Cambelts.
Flea Mapping.

That should be enough for the first quarter of 2012! laugh

The overall plan is to return her to more or less standard with a few subtle tweaks. She's just clocked over 100K so expecting turbo and clutch at some point - later rather than sooner hopefully! cool

EDIT: LED rear light conversion once I get the modified harnesses back from Johnny.

Re: Your coop plans for 2012 - 11/12/2011 22:26

Originally Posted By: dlongstaff

Thought you had yours sprayed beautifully? So what's going on with the bimmer remark? Your names so pink eye can't hardly read it.

Nothing really, I love the car...

But there are tiny things that ROYALY bug the ballacks out of me about the car.
I have a rattle from my drivers door, minor suspension knock (track rod end I think) sticky throttle cable and just rattles here an there.

I hate the fact of knowing SOON as I get her perfect... No issue or nothing, it will not last long as you just know its not going to last long.
Posted By: andyps

Re: Your coop plans for 2012 - 11/12/2011 23:05

Not sure about mine, I may get the replacement for it soon, so question is whether to sell it, use it for a few hillclimbs and track days or find somewhere to store it. After very nearly 8 years and 150k miles together I will certainly find it hard to part with it and the possible selling price may not be enough to tempt me to sell, but storage space is an issue.

Re: Your coop plans for 2012 - 11/12/2011 23:13

Originally Posted By: dlongstaff

Nothing really, I love the car...

But there are tiny things that ROYALY bug the ballacks out of me about the car.
I have a rattle from my drivers door, minor suspension knock (track rod end I think) sticky throttle cable and just rattles here an there.

I hate the fact of knowing SOON as I get her perfect... No issue or nothing, it will not last long as you just know its not going to last long.

Fragile go drive the beemer and ....
Posted By: MattyB

Re: Your coop plans for 2012 - 11/12/2011 23:13

Dad is having mine as I'm moving! Though I'll probably get it booked into Motormech for a good service, new wishbones and cambelt!

Only going to be driving it once a month now!
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Your coop plans for 2012 - 11/12/2011 23:27

We-ell, come April, change insurance over from Adrian Flux to Neil Willies for a start.....
let's see now, that annoying little corrosion bump at the front of the sunroof might just be asking for the bum's rush, but where will I get a decent replacement? frown

Ah, I forgot I have flying custard's sitting in my "office"! Next to this nice black leather seat set....honestly it's more like a garage than a room where folk have piano lessons crazy
Posted By: Theresa

Re: Your coop plans for 2012 - 11/12/2011 23:29

I might just give my Coupe a wash and polish smile
Posted By: coupedummy

Re: Your coop plans for 2012 - 12/12/2011 00:07

I'm with you Marco at the prices e46 m3 are I am seriously tempted to let the coupe go..only things that keep me here are the yearly spa trip and the few pals I'm made.
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Your coop plans for 2012 - 12/12/2011 00:18

Originally Posted By: Theresa
I might just give my Coupe a wash and polish smile

Ach you might have done that before I took photos of it laugh

It wasn't looking too bad considering; there's a porkyp LE lurking in there too......
Posted By: Rudidudi

Re: Your coop plans for 2012 - 12/12/2011 01:16

a nice service with the castrol edge sport i got her, then, erm... maybe renew wishbone bushes / wishbones.

apart from that, nada. shes fine just as she is.
Posted By: barnacle

Re: Your coop plans for 2012 - 12/12/2011 06:45

I had thought I might need to put some petrol in sometime next year...
Posted By: Gunzi

Re: Your coop plans for 2012 - 12/12/2011 07:29

New pads and discs, rebuilt the brembos, replace exhaust manifold, two front tyres, rear subframe bushes and possibly rear trailing arm bearings.
Posted By: Boosted7

Re: Your coop plans for 2012 - 12/12/2011 09:32

Originally Posted By: coupedummy
I'm with you Marco at the prices e46 m3 are I am seriously tempted to let the coupe go..only things that keep me here are the yearly spa trip and the few pals I'm made.

I've been thinking about an M3 as well. PowerItalia now work on BMWs so I was having a chat to Roger about these on Saturday while I was getting my coupe serviced. Sounds like they're fairly bullet proof as long as you buy a good one that's been well looked after. Very long service intervals too.
Posted By: Hovedan

Re: Your coop plans for 2012 - 12/12/2011 09:42

Boring...

I'll try and say it

B...M....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Tried, but fell asleep after the M tongue

Re: Your coop plans for 2012 - 12/12/2011 09:44

there not boring in the slightist!

but lookingat coupe prices ect i will be keeping the coupe as im not willing to sell it for £999 with tax and MOt + a full tank like the seem to be doing at the moment.

and way, homodan, whats the plan for your coupe?

service/brake fluid change and new bucket seats lol
Posted By: chrissy

Re: Your coop plans for 2012 - 12/12/2011 09:57

Sorry guys, But Im with Marco all the way, I gurantee I would be happier getting into an M3 everyday, knowing its going to work, knowing its not a sub 1k car and knowing its going to let me in!

IMO age has caught up with 'most' of the 20vt's on an epic scale.

Obviously lots are A1,

Chrissy
Posted By: Hovedan

Re: Your coop plans for 2012 - 12/12/2011 10:20

I worked for BMW for 3 years, and had one as a company wagon, so my view will be tainted by that experience. The coop, niggles apart, for me beats it for driving pleasure, looks, character, exclusivity and doubtless other measures I haven't thought of instantly like these yes

Plans for mine next year, yes Marco I'll be doing a full service on the 20vt before my next track outing tongue

20vt

Essential (in order of priority):
- Full service and fluids change
- Belts change
- make mounting plates for new pair of Sparco bucket seats
- drill and fit new eyelets and backing plates for passenger harness
- make a new camera mount (using the rear upper strut brace as inspiration)

Finances permitting:
- bigger brake conversion for next performance mod
- do a proper powder coating job on the flourescent track wheels

VIS;

Essential:
Nothing required, recently given thorough overhaul and fuller than full service, and many cosmetic parts replaced with near mint condition replacements.
Oh wait, there is one. Fix the broken bonnet cable!

Finances permitting:
- Refurb alloys, diamond cut black
- Respray, either 2012 or 2013 perhaps. Want to keep this one as a show worthy vehicle and the paint has started to peel. Want it being one of the best looking and yet highest mileage VIS about smile It's all dead money doing this, so will very much be finances permitting. Track fun in the 20vt comes first!

Re: Your coop plans for 2012 - 12/12/2011 12:19

Going to be a big year for me in Coupe ownership.

My 20vt needs a bit of work on the engine and also a belt change. I am putting it off until next month. A mate of mine is moving to a new garage next month. He will then have room for a Coupe of mine to work on. So next month I will be looking for another 20vt. Anything like an MOT fail, sorn, or car needing work doing to it with a decent engine. Will take the engine out and put it into my present car. The engine coming out is going to be the heartbeat to the beast. My mate knows someone that is going to custom make me a turbo. The odds are that the new motor will become the beast. She will be stripped down and rebuilt from a shell. Not sure if she will have a paint job whilst stripped yet. Will have to see what my funds are looking like. Fancy purple flip. When done my mate and I will be coming on track days with her. Hoping that the work will not take too long. If the engine put into my present car is good enough then will do the same with her and get the practice in.

Will be on here in the next few weeks looking for a donor to become a beast. As said, mechanically sound as my present car needs an engine or work doing and will need a car whilst work is being done. Don't want to spend cash on present car and also new one doing engine. Otherwise not bothered too much. Nearly everything will need to be changed during project. If anyone has a donor they want to see become a beast then please let me know.

Going to be a bit of a journey as not even sure what clutch is best to handle 400 bhp or more and be smooth enough to be my daily drive, 7 miles a day in town. I give thanks in advance to all the help I will get from here.
Posted By: samsite999

Re: Your coop plans for 2012 - 12/12/2011 15:09

Not buy one!

Re: Your coop plans for 2012 - 12/12/2011 17:39

Originally Posted By: samsite999
Not buy one!

frown

The 20VT Scottie - new radiator, welded manifold, heater system sorted (leaking somewhere), gearbox linkage, undersealing, and 2 new front tyres (Toyo T1Rs)

The 20VT6 Moon - tart up the engine bay (so it matches the superb exterior) - sand-blasted horns courtesy of Marco, derusting and painting the visible bits of the slam panel, and a nicely polished fuel cap. MOT end of March ooo .

Drive and enjoy driving laugh

Re: Your coop plans for 2012 - 12/12/2011 18:03

1st keep her on the road and running well
2nd new LED lights for front and back of car
3rd maybe new wheels if i decide to let porkypaul have mine??

4th enjoy my car wink smile

Re: Your coop plans for 2012 - 12/12/2011 20:03

So much planned that I started a project thread laugh It'll be nice to be home to enjoy it next year thumb

Re: Your coop plans for 2012 - 12/12/2011 22:55

thourght id add my wish list knowing that you lot already have.

want to get my baby ready for the master Flea.
farther xmas has refused my want list and told me kindly to P-off>>>>wife said no....lol

brakes/intercooler/fuel-mod&pump/remap amd then lots of w@lking...lol
Posted By: Serg1

Re: Your coop plans for 2012 - 13/12/2011 09:22

I'm still working on this years list. Hopefully by Dec 31th;
Front and rear discs and pads
Drive-shaft gaitors
Wheel bearings
Radiator
Turbo
Screen washer bottle
All hoses
2 Falkens
Respray; bonnet, roof, door.
Sleep

Not even thought about next year's list!!!!!

Re: Your coop plans for 2012 - 14/01/2012 16:58

well got my new LED lights for front and back of car-very nice
wheels booked for end feb/early march
springs for suspension on there way

things going very well smile

next want some engine mounts
maybe change the dash from the porto colour it is now to black
And would'nt mind some new recaro seats like porkys, his are way more comfy than mine, but I won't get too greedy just yet! laugh

Re: Your coop plans for 2012 - 14/01/2012 17:47

for me its trying to get near 350bhp mark so -

gt28r.86
ported manifold
3" downpipe going to 2.5" decat and 2.5" cat back
3.8 fpr
walbro fuel pump with live feed
proalloy fmic
sip with apexi filter
apexi avc-r boost controller
apexi 60mm boost gauge
clutch of some sort , still haven't made my mind up
drilled and grooved disc's front and rear with new pads
carelli front seats with harneses
wishbones , track rod ends and drop links
flea remap again to see the results

Re: Your coop plans for 2012 - 14/01/2012 18:05

Originally Posted By: nismo
for me its trying to get near 350bhp mark so -

gt28r.86
ported manifold
3" downpipe going to 2.5" decat and 2.5" cat back
3.8 fpr
walbro fuel pump with live feed
proalloy fmic
sip with apexi filter
apexi avc-r boost controller
apexi 60mm boost gauge
clutch of some sort , still haven't made my mind up
drilled and grooved disc's front and rear with new pads
carelli front seats with harneses
wishbones , track rod ends and drop links
flea remap again to see the results

your list makes mine sound really boring laugh

then again you know your stuff and well I know not that much, I just try and understand what the hell your all talking about!........at least I;am honest yes smile

Re: Your coop plans for 2012 - 14/01/2012 19:20

I`m going to do a turbo rebuild, replace speed sensor and add new leather trim to the interior

Re: Your coop plans for 2012 - 14/01/2012 21:33

Finish refurbing the suspension and detailing the whole car, might even try and drive the thing at some point........!
Posted By: Joe78

Re: Your coop plans for 2012 - 14/01/2012 22:36

New radiator, coolant tank, passenger door, alternator.

Maybe a flea map too.

Re: Your coop plans for 2012 - 17/01/2012 21:22

In order of importance:

1. Put my steering wheel on straight.
Posted By: Kayjey

Re: Your coop plans for 2012 - 17/01/2012 22:32

What you probably mean to say is: get the tracking done and right before they start doing it, jump in the car YOURSELF to center the steering wheel so that afterwards it's actually centered.

I ALWAYS center the steering wheel myself before they start doing the tracking.
Posted By: Theresa

Re: Your coop plans for 2012 - 18/01/2012 00:19

A decent tracking place would make sure the steering wheel was straight and where I go also attach a clamp from the bottom of the steering wheel, to the seat, so help ensure it stays straight cool
Posted By: Kayjey

Re: Your coop plans for 2012 - 18/01/2012 00:43

Yups, they should do that. Still reckon most on here have a steering wheel that's still slightly off center. A free wiggle of the steering wheel and really aiming for dead straight does the trick. If they take the time for it, it's no problem, still - I like to verify myself to correct those last 2°.
Posted By: jas_racing

Re: Your coop plans for 2012 - 18/01/2012 13:14

My Plus is a mere 770 miles off the big 100k so I'm planning on treating her to a full suspension refresh in the next month or so. After that a precautionary change of the CHOD when the better weather gets here. I've just sorted the alarm so there's not much else to do other than a clean every weekend to keep her mint smile

Re: Your coop plans for 2012 - 20/01/2012 07:37

My main aim is to turn up at the AGM in a Coupe for the first time rolleyes
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK