Fiat Coupe Club UK

My missus is gonna KILL me!

Posted By: pinin_prestatyn

My missus is gonna KILL me! - 30/12/2011 16:05

Okay so you've spent thousands on your coupé in the past two years. It wants for nothing. It's quick. You've spent to the point where you have a decent, working coop. So what do you do? You phone the bank, get an extension on the loan that was due to end next month for another couple of years, and buy another Coupé laugh Well you do if you're TOTALLY INSANE. The missus has no idea I've done this, I've just picked her up and stashed her in the one place I know she'll never go.... the garage!
And so at an ungodly hour this morning I picked up Taffy20VT and made the long jaunt to Kendal to buy MrCooper's Moon Grey Plus. It's in totally immaculate condition, and a real credit to it's former owners. I can't believe the car is nearly 13 years old! If you stuck a private plate on there and asked somebody to guess the age, I don't think they'd know. Plan is to use my current coop to see the winter through, then get the Moon grey out of hibernation for summer fun. It's such a fantastic colour - Pearlescent with silvers, blues and other little colours coming through when the (little) sunlight hits it. I'm smitten! love I'm also pretty much castrated when the missus finds out. How am I going to break it to her? Tips appreciated laugh

click to enlarge

(Top of Prestatyn Hill next to my ol' faithful)

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

(How she scrubs up when not covered in grime)

click to enlarge

...and her secret bunker for the winter. Sssh!
Posted By: technics

Re: My missus is gonna KILL me! - 30/12/2011 16:22

Nice one!
That did look a minter, was surprised it was for sale for so long.
Once people see Moon Grey in the flesh they love it, converts, pics don't do that colour justice.
Posted By: Theresa

Re: My missus is gonna KILL me! - 30/12/2011 16:25

Excellent news Matt, well done! cool

Is Taffy on standby to hold your Mrs back from launching you into the sea when she finds out? laugh
Posted By: Mark_S

Re: My missus is gonna KILL me! - 30/12/2011 16:28

You lucky boy, naughty nono but nice laugh
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: My missus is gonna KILL me! - 30/12/2011 16:30

She probably wont even notice laugh

It's silver-ish, thats all that matters to her, just say you fitted a few bits onto the current one!

(But of course she'll blow a gasket when YOU dont notice that she's changed her hair from chestnut brunette to hazelnut brunette rolleyes )

Re: My missus is gonna KILL me! - 30/12/2011 16:32

Been there, done that! Does that Moon not look LOVELY love ? How are you going to resist taking her out for a spin on a nice bright morning driving ?

Well done; I'm sure you can make it up to the missus (in time crazy ).

Just enjoy........
Posted By: Kayjey

Re: My missus is gonna KILL me! - 30/12/2011 16:58

smile Do like me when suspiciously large packages arrive at my home. "Oh yeah, someone gave it to me, I just had to pay shipping."

Re: My missus is gonna KILL me! - 30/12/2011 17:05

Just thinking.... the EVO triangle in February and the Lakes run in March chinny . Which of these two do you want for a Moon convoy cool ? If I can get up there from Kent you REALLY need to remove her from her cocoon.... thumb

Re: My missus is gonna KILL me! - 30/12/2011 17:09

I don't think I can afford to disturb her slumber 'til at least April, and that's when the babies due come to think of it crazy She may remain a garage queen forever! At least I get to sneak into the garage and stroke her love wait..did I really just post that? blush

Re: My missus is gonna KILL me! - 30/12/2011 17:12

Nice choice, but you should have held out for another Sprint Blue wink
Posted By: Taffy20vt

Re: My missus is gonna KILL me! - 30/12/2011 17:13

Just tell her, the pain won't last long laugh

Re: My missus is gonna KILL me! - 30/12/2011 17:16

Originally Posted By: couper
Nice choice, but you should have held out for another Sprint Blue wink

...and you should have changed your Avatar from yellow tongue I'd love a Sprint Blue plus, but the only one I know is Ed's.

The pain won't last long, hey Taffy? Have you seen my Missus? laugh God I hope she never sees this...!
Posted By: magooagain

Re: My missus is gonna KILL me! - 30/12/2011 17:18

Well done Matt. That coupe looks fantastic mate.
Get that bloody bicycle away from it though !!

Re: My missus is gonna KILL me! - 30/12/2011 17:22

I have a yellow one too tongue

The trouble will start properly when you have paid for your plus and get a third 20VT!!!!

(Nice to see a long term forumer keeping the faith smile )

Re: My missus is gonna KILL me! - 30/12/2011 17:34

Before i had my coupe porkypaul would just give me this puppy dog look and say "hunni pleassee" and then promise to make it up to me, trips out, etc.. rolleyes

maybe you could give her a set of keys of her own then she would know the true pleasure and some times pain of owning a coupe hehe
if not just endure the pain suicide the coupe is soo worth it driving
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: My missus is gonna KILL me! - 30/12/2011 17:46

Tell her you're storing it for a friend who's gone abroad laugh

Re: My missus is gonna KILL me! - 30/12/2011 17:54

Stunning car, good luck with her love

The missus? Ah well she'll get over it coffee

Can you tell i'm twice divorced? laugh

Re: My missus is gonna KILL me! - 30/12/2011 18:14

keep the plus for yourself and give her the 20vt laugh

Re: My missus is gonna KILL me! - 30/12/2011 19:36

What a fantastic looking coupe.

As for the mrs take her out for a nice meal then break it too her laugh

Re: My missus is gonna KILL me! - 30/12/2011 19:39

Originally Posted By: porkypaul

As for the mrs take her out for a nice meal then smash her back doors in laugh

Paul, how very crude! xmas

Re: My missus is gonna KILL me! - 30/12/2011 19:42

Originally Posted By: pinin_prestatyn
Originally Posted By: porkypaul

As for the mrs take her out for a nice meal then smash her back doors in laugh

Paul, how very crude! xmas

rofl

Re: My missus is gonna KILL me! - 30/12/2011 20:24

Good work pinin ......wait until you stretch to 3!
Posted By: jimbob13

Re: My missus is gonna KILL me! - 30/12/2011 21:28

Very nice Matt, can't you just do what i did and buy the missus a new car too?
Posted By: cowboy

Re: My missus is gonna KILL me! - 30/12/2011 22:15

That coupe looks fantastic mate.nice one

Re: My missus is gonna KILL me! - 30/12/2011 22:21

Yep, good buy for sure. That car is lovely smile Well done Matt thumb
Posted By: JimO

Re: My missus is gonna KILL me! - 31/12/2011 10:06

Can I be the first one to put a downer on proceedings and say I have never read anything so daft, you are 3 months away from having a baby, and you extend a loan to buy a car that you don't need, and with the loan maybe can't afford..

Sorry Matt but thats just bloody daft.

I don't care what people say, but the coupe is not a car for a baby, its small, cramped, difficult to get the seat in and out of, not overly smooth, low down and dare I say it, a money pit and not totally reliable!

You then have the baby that will need nappies, pram, clothes, food, more nappies, more clothes, toys, more clothes, food, etc - at the grand age of 3 weeks old my baby is costing ALOT!

Sorry Matt, but just wanted to say it, but its your car / life / baby / etc - good luck mate thumb
Posted By: chrissy

Re: My missus is gonna KILL me! - 31/12/2011 10:39

Originally Posted By: JimO
Can I be the first one to put a downer on proceedings and say I have never read anything so daft, you are 3 months away from having a baby, and you extend a loan to buy a car that you don't need, and with the loan maybe can't afford..

I don't care what people say, but the coupe is not a car for a baby, its small, cramped, difficult to get the seat in and out of, not otherly smooth, low down and dare I say it, a money pit and not totally reliable!

You then have the baby that will need nappies, pram, clothes, food, more nappies, more clothes, toys, more clothes, food, etc - at the grand age of 3 weeks old my baby is costing ALOT!

Sorry Matt, but just wanted to say it, but its your car / life / baby / etc - good luck mate thumb

Sorry Matt, I TOTALLY agree,

Chrissy
Posted By: skinflint

Re: My missus is gonna KILL me! - 31/12/2011 10:41

Jim, Congratulations on the new baby, but you're showing classic symptoms of new dad madness. I suffered a dose... - swapped the Coupe for a Mondeo, and a friend has just traded in his MiTo for some miserable Skoda Diesel behemoth.
Buying a people mover is the worst form of New Dad Madness and in many cases the owner never recovers.
Posted By: magooagain

Re: My missus is gonna KILL me! - 31/12/2011 10:52

I don't care what people say, but the coupe is not a car for a baby, its small, cramped, difficult to get the seat in and out of, not overly smooth, low down and dare I say it, a money pit and not totally reliable!

But we dont know what car his mrs has at the moment. For all we know her car is allready child friendly.
And for what its worth i think Matt is confident in paying his loans anyway.

Re: My missus is gonna KILL me! - 31/12/2011 10:56

Its only my opinion Magoo, hence I finished with good luck it's your choice!

Re: My missus is gonna KILL me! - 31/12/2011 11:26

What are you, his guidance councilor?

The man has already bought the car, so it's a little late to give him the speech now and make him feel guilty. I'm sure before anyone goes down this road, they have a good think of whether they can afford it, especially if there's a baby on the way.

Life's too short to be an old prude your whole life, so I say good on you for having the balls to do something that could potentially have your balls removed by your missus. thumb

Re: My missus is gonna KILL me! - 31/12/2011 11:28

Originally Posted By: Biggenz
What are you, his guidance councilor?

No, why are you his Cheerleeding Team?

Re: My missus is gonna KILL me! - 31/12/2011 11:30

Having 3 kids has never been a hindrance to owning the coupe for me. In fact it's only now they're older i don't let them in it - there's tons of space for everything, no worries
Posted By: stevo

Re: My missus is gonna KILL me! - 31/12/2011 12:09

Mad but nice car. Combine the best bits of both to make a top notch one and then sell the other!

Re: My missus is gonna KILL me! - 31/12/2011 12:21

Now now, Kiddies! JimO I see where you're coming from, but I'm a grown man (well physically at least) and I'm capable of deciding what I do and how I spend my money smile
The missus will be getting a more family suited car in the next couple of months, I'll be taking the clio as a run around, leaving the coupé as a weekend/fun car. If I can't afford it, it'll just be kept in the garage until I can.
Going to sit in it now and make "BRUM" noises, reckon I've got the 5-pot warble almost down to a tee laugh

Re: My missus is gonna KILL me! - 31/12/2011 12:23

I know you are Matt, I just read everyone saying well done, congrats - and I just wanted to add my spin to it - but as I say good luck and all the best smile

Re: My missus is gonna KILL me! - 31/12/2011 12:26

Can't say fairer than that, after all you're 6 months ahead of me in the 'baby game' wink
Posted By: bockers

Re: My missus is gonna KILL me! - 31/12/2011 12:32

Great buy Matt. I have done some work on this car, fitted a new alloy rad to it 18 months ago. It was indeed immaculate and I did consider buying it myself but after my LE I realise that I just don't like the recarro seats. My arse is way too big frown

Re: My missus is gonna KILL me! - 31/12/2011 12:34

Originally Posted By: bockers
My arse is way too big frown

Matt will have the same issue then wink laugh
Posted By: stan

Re: My missus is gonna KILL me! - 31/12/2011 13:26

Originally Posted By: patch234

Yeah, but the lack of balls will compensate! laugh

Re: My missus is gonna KILL me! - 31/12/2011 13:32

Originally Posted By: stan
Originally Posted By: patch234

Yeah, but the lack of balls will compensate! laugh

rofl

Re: My missus is gonna KILL me! - 31/12/2011 14:24

Hey! It's not much but it'll fill a pram laugh I have buns of STEEL for your information. Okay it's not a hard steel (stainless for instance) it's a more malleable steel, but steel nonetheless!

She really is a minter. Can't stop smiling! laugh

Re: My missus is gonna KILL me! - 31/12/2011 14:58

She really is a minter. Can't stop smiling! laugh

Are you talking about the car or your missus, you crawler! laugh

Re: My missus is gonna KILL me! - 31/12/2011 15:09

Easy just tell her its mine and when my missus asks I can say the spare one Ive bought is yours ....... rolleyes

Re: My missus is gonna KILL me! - 01/01/2012 12:23

...the coupe is ... not totally reliable!

That's why you need two, so there's a chance that at least one of them is working. wink
Nice looking car BTW.
Posted By: LuisFilipe

Re: My missus is gonna KILL me! - 01/01/2012 21:48

You guys in the UK have terrible weather but to compensate you have a lot of sense of humour laugh it´s impossible not to laugh when reading this posts laugh laugh

Re: My missus is gonna KILL me! - 01/01/2012 21:50

Originally Posted By: LuisFilipe
You guys in the UK have terrible weather but to compensate you have a lot of sense of humour laugh

laugh your right there
Posted By: LuisFilipe

Re: My missus is gonna KILL me! - 01/01/2012 22:00

Forget to say beautiful car love love Pinin

Oh and one more good thing that you have in the UK, the price of the cars is just so cheap ooo ooo you´re very lucky.
Posted By: Possum

Re: My missus is gonna KILL me! - 01/01/2012 22:06

Originally Posted By: LuisFilipe
Forget to say beautiful car love love Pinin

Oh and one more good thing that you have in the UK, the price of the cars is just so cheap ooo ooo you´re very lucky.

And a good choice of cars also, not like "Downunder".
Posted By: Sedicivalvole

Re: My missus is gonna KILL me! - 01/01/2012 22:07

Haha Marvellous!

Re: My missus is gonna KILL me! - 01/01/2012 23:07

Nice car smile
Posted By: came2dance

Re: My missus is gonna KILL me! - 01/01/2012 23:29

Matt, I was pretty shocked to read this mate! Your going to have a baby and you bought another car! shocked

Do you know who the mother is confused If you find out post it on here and we'll send the boys round

Re: My missus is gonna KILL me! - 01/01/2012 23:32

Originally Posted By: Biggenz
What are you, his guidance counsellor?

laugh laugh

Re: My missus is gonna KILL me! - 03/01/2012 14:52

I don't think I can afford to disturb her slumber 'til at least April, and that's when the babies due come to think of it crazy She may remain a garage queen forever! At least I get to sneak into the garage and stroke her love wait..did I really just post that? blush

This is incredible if you choose to believe that the "she" you are referring to is, in fact, the missus.

Re: My missus is gonna KILL me! - 03/01/2012 15:55

Originally Posted By: hmallett
...the coupe is ... not totally reliable!

That's why you need two, so there's a chance that at least one of them is working. wink

That's why I have two (and a Toyota van wink )

She knows about the coupé - I'm still alive! - 03/01/2012 23:32

So this is how the conversation went...

Her: Where's your house keys?
Me: Here (gives the keys over)
Her: Thanks. (Slight Pause) Why have you got two coupé keys?
Me: (thinking Oh sh*t but playing it cool) One for each coupé
Her: What other Coupé?
Me: You know, the one in the garage? (BIG smirk on my face)
Her: What are you talking about?
Me: Oh, didn't I mention it? I bought another
Her: No you haven't!
Me: Yes I Have!
(the same two sentences are said about five times over)

Initial shock, then mild anger, then I guess everything clicked into place, for instance why I'd been caught measuring the garage with a tape measure and such! However she's taken it well, of course the promise to get her another car in March has sweetened it a bit laugh

woohoo
Posted By: Sedicivalvole

Re: She knows about the coupé - I'm still alive! - 03/01/2012 23:41

rofl

Re: She knows about the coupé - I'm still alive! - 04/01/2012 07:22

Enjoy.... the relief! ooo
Posted By: MarioCirillo

Re: She knows about the coupé - I'm still alive! - 04/01/2012 07:54

Phew!

Re: She knows about the coupé - I'm still alive! - 04/01/2012 08:14

I think it's time to buy another Coupe.

Re: She knows about the coupé - I'm still alive! - 04/01/2012 08:37

I'd check her internet history, I'll bet there is a Google search for "castrating a man in his sleep" in there somewhere...... wink
Posted By: samsite999

Re: She knows about the coupé - I'm still alive! - 04/01/2012 08:45

Woman don't get angry, they get even!
And also angry.....

Re: She knows about the coupé - I'm still alive! - 04/01/2012 12:01

Lol , come march present her with the keys to your old coupe! Win! laugh

Re: She knows about the coupé - I'm still alive! - 04/01/2012 12:22

Nice car Matt.

Crazy move, but tbh its something that I'd probably do as well. laugh

Just make sure you sell your old one, before it breaks laugh

Ross

p.s. nothing wrong with Matt's old/current coupe that I'm aware of, just sods law and all that.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK