Fiat Coupe Club UK

What's happened to Nick D and his car?

Posted By: technics

What's happened to Nick D and his car? - 16/01/2012 14:44

As above really, was always keeping an eye out for this after all the trouble and was looking forward to hearing some results.

Any news?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: What's happened to Nick D and his car? - 16/01/2012 14:49

same as Technics!!

Nick whats going on??
Posted By: stan

Re: What's happened to Nick D and his car? - 16/01/2012 14:53

He's still alive according to the user list above;

Originally Posted By: user list

Not sure if the same can be said about his car though! laugh
Posted By: Flea

Re: What's happened to Nick D and his car? - 16/01/2012 20:40

It's still alive and with me, and Nick is still on the case too! Hopefully have some further progress during Feb.
Posted By: nick_d

Re: What's happened to Nick D and his car? - 16/01/2012 22:36

LOL........... Just seen this thread!!
Had a rechid time over Xmas money wise...
firstly my sprinter engine gave up so had to replace that as i'm a self employed carpet fitter and a van is obviously essential.... Then my work was diabolicle over the xmas period when this is normally (always) the busiest time of year for all domestic (in home) carpet fitters!

so 400 bhp is on the back burner for around 6 months as to get there i don't just need new turbo but also clutch to cope with it..... That's just not feasible at the mo due to alot of things going wrong with the car while Flea has been mapping (or attempting to), so obviously the labour costs have been alot more than first expected..... But not as much as they should have been as Flea being the gentleman he is has discounted me massively otherwise bill would have ridiculous! Thanks Leighton!

so what i've decided to do is locate a cheap turbo and just run the max boost i can before clutch starts to slip and enjoy it for a few months when we have good weather!
think i've found a turbo today, gonna call leighton tomorrow and discuss it with him.... If clutch holds out i'll still see 350 ish with this turbo....

So guys i'm still about and as flea says we should have some results in feb when i should still be the owner of the "2nd" most powerful 16vt fiat coupe in the country..... smile

Nick D
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK