Fiat Coupe Club UK

"Here's two I prepared earlier"

Posted By: Anonymous

"Here's two I prepared earlier" - 01/05/2013 23:35

click to enlarge Just thought I'd share a pic of my daily drive and my weekend drive. I've never posted a pic of my van, but after a rinse, tar removal, clay bar, wash, back-to-black and then a full wax. I thought it was worth a pic to show you guys why I'm known as "Pondman" wink
Super shiny pair smile knackered Me!
Posted By: evo_number_one

Re: "Here's two I prepared earlier" - 02/05/2013 00:12

Coops looking love as always PM....

....and there's no need to be koi about the van!

coat
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: "Here's two I prepared earlier" - 02/05/2013 00:19

Very smart..les deux - I particularly like the plate on the Vinci.

So do you prepare the holes in the ground or do you obtain the aquatic livestock to put in them, e.g. the fierce-looking crittur depicted on the van?

Re: "Here's two I prepared earlier" - 02/05/2013 00:29

We restore and maintain ornamental ponds (lined, concrete, fibreglass and natural) for private clients mainly, some business', which means we do:

Pond Cleaning, Pond Planting, Pond Filtration Equipment Installation & Servicing, Pond Enlargement, Pond Repairs, Pond Re-lining, Pond De-commissioning, Water Quality Assessment, Fish Health and Disaster Rectification!

We only move fish from pond to pond we don't get involved in holding or supplying stock, it's too time consuming.
The Koi on the front can certainly look menacing when I've got "Green Van Man Rage" going on evil

@Evo: nice one, I like punns wink

Re: "Here's two I prepared earlier" - 02/05/2013 08:21

You clay bar'd the van! did I read that right?.....

I know you are extra dedicated to the coupe...but the van! I take my hat off to you, I'll attack the Coupe and the Porsche with a full top and tail, not on the same day though......but I think a vehicle the size of the van would kill me.....

Re: "Here's two I prepared earlier" - 02/05/2013 08:53

Originally Posted By: Pondman

The Koi on the front can certainly look menacing when I've got "Green Van Man Rage" going on evil

So that's o-fish-al?

There's little better than a claybar when you're angling for a perfect fin-ish.

Re: "Here's two I prepared earlier" - 02/05/2013 08:56

It took the best part of a day to do the van, the big flat panels were easy to clay bar, it got a bit caught up on the vinyl signwrighting though! Feels silky smooth now smile
It's all part of the company appearing super smart and tidy compared to the "others" out there, not much competition, but we aim to be the professionals and want to be seen as such wink
Jon, will the coop be ready for Wings & Wheels?

Re: "Here's two I prepared earlier" - 02/05/2013 08:59

Originally Posted By: Edinburgh

So that's o-fish-al?

Very good, how long can we keep this "tail" going?
Posted By: gj88

Re: "Here's two I prepared earlier" - 02/05/2013 09:14

I never understand why people refer to a clay bar as some kind of gloss enhancer but then skip polishing and go straight for a wax application. Bizarre.

P.S. You're meant to wash, then clay, then wash again. wink

Re: "Here's two I prepared earlier" - 02/05/2013 09:14

So that's o-fish-al?

Very good, how long can we keep this "tail" going?

Depends how many rise to the bait.

Re: "Here's two I prepared earlier" - 02/05/2013 09:30

We restore and maintain ornamental ponds

Would you consider advertising a discount rate such as
A Pondafillet?
Posted By: jimbob13

Re: "Here's two I prepared earlier" - 02/05/2013 09:32

Well, i'm hooked. Kinda floundering trying to decide which looks better, but the scales are tipping towards the Coop.

Re: "Here's two I prepared earlier" - 02/05/2013 09:57

Originally Posted By: gj88
I never understand why people refer to a clay bar as some kind of gloss enhancer but then skip polishing and go straight for a wax application. Bizarre.

P.S. You're meant to wash, then clay, then wash again. wink

I did rinse off after clay bar application, "rinse, tar removal, clay bar, wash, back-to-black and then a full wax" wink
Not saying clay bar is a gloss enhancer, just gets rid of all those minute particles that are unseen, but felt, once you you do a before and after finger wipe. The van had been to the body shop last week for some minor rust work and they had done a fine polish of it post spray, so polishing was not really necessary. wink
Thanks Gary smile
P.S. as for the coop, no need for a polish really, shiny enough already cool

Re: "Here's two I prepared earlier" - 02/05/2013 10:17

It's all part of the company appearing super smart and tidy compared to the "others" out there, not much competition,
click to enlarge

Re: "Here's two I prepared earlier" - 02/05/2013 10:32

LOL, like it smile

Re: "Here's two I prepared earlier" - 02/05/2013 10:33

they had done a fine polish of it post spray, so polishing was not really necessary. wink

Which you removed with claying. tongue

P.S. as for the coop, no need for a polish really, shiny enough already cool

cool

Re: "Here's two I prepared earlier" - 02/05/2013 10:53

I thought vehicle polish was just a fine abrasive compound that reduced the depth of abrasions from every day use, my g3 has no filler in it, it just buffs. I don't think they used a colour enhancing polish on my van. The various scuffs and hedge scratches were dramatically reduced after it had been with them. Plus if there was any over spray I wanted the clay bar to pick it up. But all it picked up was road grime . wink

Re: "Here's two I prepared earlier" - 02/05/2013 11:19

I thought vehicle polish was just a fine abrasive compound that reduced the depth of abrasions from every day use, my g3 has no filler in it, it just buffs. I don't think they used a colour enhancing polish on my van. The various scuffs and hedge scratches were dramatically reduced after it had been with them. Plus if there was any over spray I wanted the clay bar to pick it up. But all it picked up was road grime . wink

If they've used compound then yes, there are no fillers and you wont have removed anything. smile

It's always a good idea to clay after painting anyway as it'll remove over spray. But enough of that, I can only seem to see one picture of the Coupe, and that's only the nose. frown

I like shiney Coupes.

MOAR.

Re: "Here's two I prepared earlier" - 02/05/2013 11:33

click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge
wink

Re: "Here's two I prepared earlier" - 02/05/2013 11:43

mirror like! top car pondman loving the unique wheels too!

Re: "Here's two I prepared earlier" - 02/05/2013 12:27

Yes looks top Pondman thumb The wife had the Claws on her old Stilo - cracking wheels...........

Re: "Here's two I prepared earlier" - 02/05/2013 13:02

Did you use THIS?

Re: "Here's two I prepared earlier" - 02/05/2013 16:23

Originally Posted By: dlongstaff
Did you use THIS?

laugh Well "spotted"
Posted By: jimbob13

Re: "Here's two I prepared earlier" - 02/05/2013 16:24

Originally Posted By: dlongstaff