Fiat Coupe Club UK

Duffy's old plus for sale

Posted By: 20vt_alex

Duffy's old plus for sale - 12/08/2013 12:17

just noticed it for sale here

still looks love
Posted By: Hovedan

Re: Duffy's old plus for sale - 12/08/2013 13:05

Looks a very sketchy ad for such a well known immaculate example. And isn't that a couple of £k thrown onto the asking price?

Wonder what's happened to it since it changed hands?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Duffy's old plus for sale - 12/08/2013 13:32

Always been one of my favourite pluses, looks good, but as you say Dan, light on detail.

Re: Duffy's old plus for sale - 12/08/2013 15:28

It's for sale, it's not too long since it was passed on by Duffy. As with any car, the only way to find out more is to go and see it and ask face-to-face whilst checking it out personally.

I'm glad it's priced as it is, well worth it and more performance than most cars for sale in that bracket.

I hope that someone from here can spare those funds...
Posted By: Submariner

Re: Duffy's old plus for sale - 12/08/2013 19:28

Agreed looks nice but 8 large.....come on that's plain daft.

Re: Duffy's old plus for sale - 12/08/2013 20:19

It's good to see some people trying to push the prices up. There will be people out there willing to pay that amount for the right car. Never understood why people in owners clubs will often suggest that cars offered for sale are priced too high. If you have the same car and you like it, why wouldn't you want to try and encourage a higher value?

Have a look at the project thread for that car, it seems a superb example.
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Duffy's old plus for sale - 12/08/2013 21:09

I knew this fantastic rebuild was coming on to the market but I suspect the seller hasn't got rights yet hence the external ad.

Having seen this a few times in the flesh I can vouch for the finish and almost obsessive workmanship that has gone into it. Duffy isn't satisfied with anything less than best.

The asking price maybe high but iirc that's what it was advertised at around a year ago and if it is all but a new motor bar the mileage what would one pay for another car of that spec in concours condition?

Just my humble opinion.
Posted By: barnacle

Re: Duffy's old plus for sale - 13/08/2013 04:42

I agree. A particular car has *no* intrinsic value beyond the weigh-in and the refund on the ticket - when it is sold its price is the compromise between what the buyer and the seller see as a fair price.

If I see a cracking car, one I really like, with a good history and a sympathetic owner, then I'm more likely to have a higher 'worth' value in my head when I start bargaining - but I'm still going to try and drive it down. And no doubt the owner has a minimum price in his head, below which he won't sell.

But we have cars available from a couple of hundred quid and up... some will command a higher price because of history, or mileage, or condition, or even (lord help us) modifications. And some will always be dogs; it's too late for them.

But ask yourself a question: are you more likely to spend a thousand quid on brakes and tyres on a car that cost two hundred, or one that cost a few grand? What about other essential maintenance? Is it worth doing more than bodging on a cheap car (I'm assuming a general buyer, rather than someone who's deliberately bought a project)?

Those who wish to see the coupe become an accepted classic *need* to see the prices high so that owners will appreciate their investment and spend the necessary monies to keep them in good condition, and we should be applauding high priced sales, not complaining.

p.s. my car cost nineteen grand...

Re: Duffy's old plus for sale - 13/08/2013 19:24

Just saw this.

Price is what he paid for it, it's been a year now and cars are a hobby for him, he changes them very regularly. There's nothing up with the car, just time for him to move on, yet again.

smile

Re: Duffy's old plus for sale - 17/10/2013 11:13

The price has been dropping as months have gone by .. now at £6,500! (from 8k originally IIRC!)

Re: Duffy's old plus for sale - 20/10/2013 15:25

A car is worth what the buyer is willing to pay for it.

A car done to this standard isnt 2 a penny, if done professionally would probably cost more than car is selling for.

Most people wouldnt/couldnt justify buying at a premium but there is usually someone out there that can afford it and just have to have it, may take quite a while to find that buyer though.

Re: Duffy's old plus for sale - 20/10/2013 16:37

I am lucky enough to still own duffy's previous fiat coupe 20vt project! wink
Posted By: Submariner

Re: Duffy's old plus for sale - 20/10/2013 18:38

Originally Posted By: jonnyk

Thought you flogged it on eBay?

Re: Duffy's old plus for sale - 21/10/2013 17:19

Originally Posted By: Leckypete
A car is worth what the buyer is willing to pay for it.

A car done to this standard isnt 2 a penny, if done professionally would probably cost more than car is selling for.

Most people wouldnt/couldnt justify buying at a premium but there is usually someone out there that can afford it and just have to have it, may take quite a while to find that buyer though.

Whadyamean 'IF' it was done professionally??????????????

smile

Re: Duffy's old plus for sale - 21/10/2013 21:05

I meant that if anyone took there car to a "professional garage"to be restored it would cost them lots, no disrespect intended Duffy!

Re: Duffy's old plus for sale - 22/10/2013 21:51

Originally Posted By: Submariner
Originally Posted By: jonnyk

Thought you flogged it on eBay?

Nah. Decided to keep it and forge the engine instead wink

Re: Duffy's old plus for sale - 23/10/2013 07:16

Lordie me!

Re: Duffy's old plus for sale - 09/02/2014 15:11

Price drop £5500 it is not moving.I think his description and the mileage is putting people of.It is not a high mileage car by any means but a little high for the price.I seen this car in the flesh last year and must admit it is one of the most impressive coupes I have seen.
Posted By: Dan

Re: Duffy's old plus for sale - 11/02/2014 18:05

He doesn't have a hope of selling that with an ad like that. For a start it's listed as a 20v NA with 154bhp. No mention that it's a Plus, poor quality photos, poor description etc.
Posted By: Gripped

Re: Duffy's old plus for sale - 11/02/2014 22:30

Man, if I had £5.5k, I'd be turning up to Turin in that car rather than my sub £1k VIS.

I do love my VIS though.... love

That is the standard I'd like to get my car to... one day.
Posted By: fiatcoupemad

Re: Duffy's old plus for sale - 13/02/2014 12:11

im in the prosess of buying this. is it as good as it looks

Re: Duffy's old plus for sale - 13/02/2014 15:36

http://www.fiatcoupeclub.org/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1295138#Post1295138

Yes.

Re: Duffy's old plus for sale - 13/02/2014 16:01

Why would such a perfect car be for sale again after less than 18 months? Some people have no idea, it looked like a proper keeper in the restoration thread.

Re: Duffy's old plus for sale - 13/02/2014 16:30

He changes cars regularly, it's a hobby for him rather than a daily runner.

Re: Duffy's old plus for sale - 13/02/2014 16:46

Originally Posted By: fiatcoupemad

If I didn't already have a moon grey Plus, I'd have bought it. I considered buying it when Duffy had it for sale originally @ around £8k to be honest.

Re: Duffy's old plus for sale - 13/02/2014 23:38

I seen the car at Scottish Italian car day last year it is as good as it gets I have seen one better one and it was a 7000 mile 6 year old coupe a friend had and it was blemish free and had never seen any paint at all
Posted By: Hovedan

Re: Duffy's old plus for sale - 14/02/2014 09:26

That's Duncan78's old Plus tongue

And yes, it was nice then and that's before Duffy got his restorative hands on it!

Re: Duffy's old plus for sale - 16/02/2014 10:11

well did you buy it

Re: Duffy's old plus for sale - 16/02/2014 21:13

Deal done. Will be picking the car up soon

Re: Duffy's old plus for sale - 16/02/2014 21:43

Well done thumb . Don't you already have a mint moon grey plus? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Re: Duffy's old plus for sale - 16/02/2014 21:46

Thanks. I've got a low millage le but have always wanted this coupe

Re: Duffy's old plus for sale - 16/02/2014 21:58

I am glad you bought it I was getting tempted very tempted but I have two money pits already

Re: Duffy's old plus for sale - 16/02/2014 22:25

Great! You won't be disappointed smile

Re: Duffy's old plus for sale - 17/02/2014 08:46

Good stuff, you got a bargain there.

Remember and look after it!

Re: Duffy's old plus for sale - 17/02/2014 09:16

i no i have and yes dont worry i will be looking after it. not planing on useing it much to be honsest

Re: Duffy's old plus for sale - 19/02/2014 10:12

Picking up Saturday morning. Looking forward to the drive back
Posted By: djmobi

Re: Duffy's old plus for sale - 19/02/2014 14:23

jealous smile
Posted By: Wal_S

Re: Duffy's old plus for sale - 19/02/2014 15:33

I drove this when it belonged to Duncan and it really is an excellent Coupe that feels tight and responsive.

Duncan lavished a lot of care and expensive cleaning products on it, genuinely didn't want for anything (except maybe more use!) Pretty sure the previous owner to him fully resprayed the exterior and re trimmed the interior as well.

Great car and hope you enjoy it, good to see it working its way back to the South Coast.

Re: Duffy's old plus for sale - 19/02/2014 15:55

Very nice car must admit he dropped his price anymore I would have bought it good buy

Re: Duffy's old plus for sale - 22/02/2014 11:42

Just on the way back and it really is as nice as it looks

Re: Duffy's old plus for sale - 22/02/2014 11:52

That has got to be one of the very best coupe's. Congrats and enjoy smile

Re: Duffy's old plus for sale - 23/02/2014 14:26

Good stuff, hope it goes well.
Posted By: DaveG

Re: Duffy's old plus for sale - 11/11/2015 00:19

For sale again? What gives?

Re: Duffy's old plus for sale - 11/11/2015 00:26

Fiatcoupemad's coupe.

Pricey, considering the private plate C20 VTP it used to carry isn't even with it apparently.

And the airbag light is on....... confused

Re: Duffy's old plus for sale - 11/11/2015 11:50

Check for corrosion allegedly confused
3rd party info......

Re: Duffy's old plus for sale - 11/11/2015 20:16

Airag light will be off
Posted By: Makkadiamond

Re: Duffy's old plus for sale - 11/11/2015 21:32

If its well-maintained got excellent bodywork and drives and handles like new it’s worth the money all day long.
You can pick up a coupe for cheap 300 - 600 but to get it drive like new is gone cost a few grand, tyres suspension steering etc. Paint work in excellent condition another couple grand.
And you have not even looked at the engine gear box and other bits. Cheap coupes are rare.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK