Fiat Coupe Club UK

long awaited buy/return

Posted By: Anonymous

long awaited buy/return - 12/02/2014 21:57

how do all, registered some years ago for help with my bravo 20v (thanks) and famous last words i want a turbo blah blah blah and all that jazz.........

but ive finally done it i purchased a 20v turbo, an R registered porto coupe, talk about over the moon laugh

body work is a bit scruffy and will need a clutch soon, new bottom arms drop links and tie rod ends. but engine is strong holds good pressure boosts fine. wasnt too bothered about all that needs doing as long as the block its self were good. Its got 98k on belts were done at 73k tempted to do them again as the bill says they were done in 2004 so age yes miles no (in two minds) but if im doing the clutch i might as well, thoughts on this? ill slap a pic up when i get some done in the light and when the camera doesnt get blown out of my hands.

thanks for reading laugh
Posted By: Theresa

Re: long awaited buy/return - 12/02/2014 22:50

Well done and welcome back cool

Re: long awaited buy/return - 12/02/2014 23:48

Furryballs,I've missed you fella.

Welcome back.

Re: long awaited buy/return - 13/02/2014 02:45

If they were last done ten years ago, irrespective of mileage, they're overdue and quite likely to have started to perish. Risk it on your own head, but I'd do clutch and belts immediately; especially if you've got a good engine that you don't want to wreck!

Re: long awaited buy/return - 13/02/2014 17:29

cheers peoples smile

JBT soon as its sorted ill have a trip down for a drink, see the empire youve manged to build (well done pal)

Pigman yeah i were thinking that myself plus with doing the clutch i might as well do the lot then fingers crossed trouble free (for a while at least)
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK