Fiat Coupe Club UK

Unexpected attention

Posted By: Anonymous

Unexpected attention - 24/02/2014 09:38

Me and my mate decided to go for a cheeky Sunday blast (me in coupe, mate in CLK55) down to Krispy Kreme near Trafford Centre where Gumball 3000 was having a meet showing off cars which would be running in this years Gumball.

Some amazing cars Lamborghini Aventador-Gallardo's, Ferrari 458-California, Audi R8 V8-V10, Merc SLS.

What surprised me was as I was trying to find somewhere to park, 3 people asked me to stop to take a picture of my car and a couple actually asking me what it was which I thought was funny.

Granted my coupe is purple and I parked way away for the lambos and mercs tongue

Point of this post is, even in this day and age of Subaru's, evo's, M3 etc most modern cars that a 15 year old fiat can still turn heads as it drives down the road.
Posted By: Gunzi

Re: Unexpected attention - 26/02/2014 03:14

Pleased to hear you Coupe got some attention amongst all the exotica! Did you get any photos of the gumball contenders?

Re: Unexpected attention - 26/02/2014 08:22

Can't believe you mentioned an r8 amongst the rest of those cars!!

Nice to hear the coupe still catches the eye, maybe there was an expectation of it as you were with gumballers!

Re: Unexpected attention - 26/02/2014 13:40

my mate got a few pics and couple off the gumball site ill stick them up. weather wasn't great (Manchester of course) only stayed for an hour.

when I got back to the car there was a Aston Martin Vantage and Porsche GT2 either side of me tried getting picture but too many people

nice to know that the coupe can still cut it in todays world smile

click to enlarge
click to enlarge

Re: Unexpected attention - 26/02/2014 21:10

Before the resto, my wife borrowed the car to go and pick up the kids from school....two parents (both male) were seriously aroused by it and my wife literally had to beat them off with a shitty stick to get away.
When it's finished, I'm going to take it to school and see if I can get the same reaction from the mums!
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK